The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smackdowns negative points

+5
NickisBHAFC
Kay Fabe
Mr H
Shot 21 LCFC
Liam
9 posters

Go down

Smackdowns negative points Empty Smackdowns negative points

Post by Liam Mon 13 Feb 2012, 3:58 pm

As we all know, Smackdown has really become a snooze fest reacentl (Rather last 2 years). For me, Smackdown has always been my favourite show. Growing up as a kid I would watch it at 10am on a Saturday morning before going to football, I loved it. Now, after only recently returning to watching Wrestling full time, the show needs some drastic changes in order to reign in the viewers.

Superstars

The superstars themselves are one of the big problems of the show. People like the Big Show, who really has outstayed his welcome in the WWE. The guy cannot move around the ring and is severely out of shape. I like the way he interacts with the crowd as a face but as an in ring performer he is holding good wreslters like Daniel Bryan back. His matches with Mark Henry were awful in my opinion, with just two guys who are so imobile in the squared circle that it's embarassing, although I do really like Mark Henry and his hall of pain gimmick 9And on commentary). People like the Great Khali, who when he first arrived and attacked the Undertaker I completely marked out. But now he is really showing that he is simply there as a freak. His selling of the RKO was like it was in super slow mo x50. He, like the Big Show, is not what excites fans imo, but simply encourages us to switch over when they are on the TV screen.
Smackdown needs to bring back fast paced, energetic action. I always enjoyed the cruiserweight division on Smackdown. The sheer intensity and high fyling action got me out of my seat, people like Paul London, Rey Mysterio and Billy Kidman, all very good cruiserweights that made Smackdown exiting. Smackdown has exiting talent, Bryan, Orton, Barrett, Sheamus, Rhodes and Christian when he returns. They also have people there who are good on the mic and can hold together a good storyline and a good match.

Storylines

Again, this was one of the main reasons why I loved Smackdown, there was always a good storyline involved with the show. A particular favourite of mine was the Lesnar/Show/Heyman angle, in which Heyman stabbed Brock in the back and sided with Big Show (Only here have I enjoyed Bigh Show, mainly because of Lesnar). There was always a good story keeping you interested, yet the only one I can think of that I enjoyed recently was the Orton and Chrisitan feud. Now, we have Big Show running over AJ who looks 12 years old and Daniel Bryan in his new heel 'Saving the planet super Christian' gimmick. Seriously?? come on why do I want to tune in and watch this nonsense. Develop some decent angles WWE because the talent is there for you to use, now do something with it please.

Tag Team division

Always a good history of tag teams I remeber on Smackdown. Kendrick/London, Edge/Chrisitian etc. Slowly it is returning with Primo and Epico, the Uso's to a certain extent but it was always part of Smackdown that made it different and easy to watch than Raw for me. I really like Primo and Epico, they look a good tag team and you can't complain about Rosa Mendes every week can you Wink.

Last edited by martyr_94 on Mon 13 Feb 2012, 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Liam

Back to top Go down

Smackdowns negative points Empty Re: Smackdowns negative points

Post by Guest Mon 13 Feb 2012, 4:04 pm

Changes I would make would include totally getting rid of it, it is absolute tosh, why not have one roster and two Raws?

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Mon 13 Feb 2012, 4:44 pm

Mmmmmm Roda Mendez...

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Mon 13 Feb 2012, 4:46 pm

Shot 21 LCFC wrote:Mmmmmm Roda Mendez...

thumbsup

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Mon 13 Feb 2012, 5:12 pm

So what changes would you make to it then?

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Mon 13 Feb 2012, 5:25 pm

Mr H wrote:So what changes would you make to it then?

amended it to a more appropriate title

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Mon 13 Feb 2012, 6:11 pm

I would have a Rosa Mendez expose, except she would be allowed to go all the way. After a while she could let Aksana get involved....

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 13 Feb 2012, 6:16 pm

I'm starting to think Teddy Long is the real GM, who else at that age gets that kind of gig, he's always got a bit of gash wanting to pump him

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Mon 13 Feb 2012, 6:24 pm

I have a theory on that though. At the moment it makes no sense for Aksana to be seducing him every week. So I personally think it will be a long played out storyline where in the end she is really a cunniving crafty woman who ends up taking over Teddys job as GM and does it as a heel.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 13 Feb 2012, 6:25 pm

Smackdown needs to be live. It will add that bit more excitment for friday nights. Also whenever someone is returning or somthing big will happen e.g. Promo's promoting a return, the draft, 3 hour special shows etc we all know it will be on Raw. So with Smackdown live at least we could that bit more quailty raw gets. Also there is not enough big name superstars on Smackdown end off.

That being said i loved the Orton Christan feud back in the summer of 2011 until after Summer Slam. The midcard is the main dissapointment for me on Smackdown.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 13 Feb 2012, 6:33 pm

There is no real midcard face on SmackDown! at the moment, I just can't buy into Ted DiBiase or Justin Gabriel, I'd like to see Drew McIntyre move into this role

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 13 Feb 2012, 6:51 pm

SmackDown! is boring, it looks boring, sounds boring and feels boring, it's like a RAW-lite show and it's in serious need of a makeover

For a start I'd so away with the ramp, I don't like it, it used to look epic 10-15 years ago when the RAW ramp was about 12-15 feet tall, now it's about 4.5 feet high, so I'd definitely take the SD! ramp away and even re-introduce the fist or at least something new that would be instantly recognisable as SmackDown!

I'd dim the lights in the arena slightly, it's far to bright and for me makes it look a bit to clean cut, I also feel having it a bit duller inside the arena it would give a more intimate feel to it and create a better atmosphere

With no ramp I'd also tighten the isle in a bit so the fans are a lot closer to the wrestlers/talent, I'd also have security guards walk the isles with wrestlers to give the impression the fans are desperate to get at the heels and hug the faces

I'd do away with the Titan Tron on SmackDown! and just have four big screens above the ring facing to every side of the crowd

Finally, I'd move the commentators into the crowd in the way they used to have them years ago on Superstars, possibly positioned where the hard camera is, I'd also have a 5 foot high soap box positioned to the side of the curtain so guys can do their promos on there instead of in the ring

Basically change all the things that RAW does because copying RAW does two things, 1 - makes it look like the B show and 2 - dilutes RAW's programming from a visual prespective

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Mon 13 Feb 2012, 7:18 pm

the-gaffer wrote:SmackDown! is boring, it looks boring, sounds boring and feels boring, it's like a RAW-lite show and it's in serious need of a makeover

For a start I'd so away with the ramp, I don't like it, it used to look epic 10-15 years ago when the RAW ramp was about 12-15 feet tall, now it's about 4.5 feet high, so I'd definitely take the SD! ramp away and even re-introduce the fist or at least something new that would be instantly recognisable as SmackDown!

I'd dim the lights in the arena slightly, it's far to bright and for me makes it look a bit to clean cut, I also feel having it a bit duller inside the arena it would give a more intimate feel to it and create a better atmosphere

With no ramp I'd also tighten the isle in a bit so the fans are a lot closer to the wrestlers/talent, I'd also have security guards walk the isles with wrestlers to give the impression the fans are desperate to get at the heels and hug the faces

I'd do away with the Titan Tron on SmackDown! and just have four big screens above the ring facing to every side of the crowd

Finally, I'd move the commentators into the crowd in the way they used to have them years ago on Superstars, possibly positioned where the hard camera is, I'd also have a 5 foot high soap box positioned to the side of the curtain so guys can do their promos on there instead of in the ring

Basically change all the things that RAW does because copying RAW does two things, 1 - makes it look like the B show and 2 - dilutes RAW's programming from a visual prespective

Your living in the past ain't ya, that would never work today especially if you want to get rid the titantron

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Mon 13 Feb 2012, 7:48 pm

Am I the only one that's sick of Teddy Long, im sick of seeing 2 sets of feuding wrestlers brawl only to hear ''we're gonna have ourselves...a tag teeeeam match'' We need a new GM to shake things up. At the moment Impact is much better than Smackdown, as least you get decent matches despite the boring storylines.

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Mon 13 Feb 2012, 8:18 pm

Shot 21 LCFC wrote:

I would have a Rosa Mendez expose, except she would be allowed to go all the way. After a while she could let Aksana get involved....

Write a letter to the WWE please, this needs to happen!!! Laugh

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 14 Feb 2012, 12:01 am

bretmeharty wrote:
the-gaffer wrote:SmackDown! is boring, it looks boring, sounds boring and feels boring, it's like a RAW-lite show and it's in serious need of a makeover

Your living in the past ain't ya, that would never work today especially if you want to get rid the titantron

Naw

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 14 Feb 2012, 12:03 am

psycho-gooner wrote:Am I the only one that's sick of Teddy Long, im sick of seeing 2 sets of feuding wrestlers brawl only to hear ''we're gonna have ourselves...a tag teeeeam match'' We need a new GM to shake things up. At the moment Impact is much better than Smackdown, as least you get decent matches despite the boring storylines.

I agree, Michael Cole should be the GM

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by longrangeeffort Tue 14 Feb 2012, 8:21 am

Does it matter who the GM is? The matches wont suddenly change if the people who decide what the matches should be keep it the same. Instead of Teddy Long making tag matches, you will have Michael Cole making tag matches.

GMs are just a method of announcing matches that have already been deicded on during the events. They could someone from the audience to do it. Grab someone from the queue out front and tell them the script..would be the same still.

longrangeeffort

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Tue 14 Feb 2012, 11:00 am

martyr_94 wrote:
Shot 21 LCFC wrote:

Write a letter to the WWE please, this needs to happen!!! Laugh

I already did. And I got a reply which kept talking about PG. Im still unsure what a cup of tea has to do with any of this though...

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Caboose Tue 14 Feb 2012, 11:49 am

I have often thought Smackdown needs to return to its old place as the second show rather than a separate brand.

The separate brands were initially created because the sheer pool of talent at the WWF/E's disposal in early 2002 was almost incomprehensible by todays standards. Now that the talent is less abundant and let's be honest, less talented, the need for a second brand is gone.

Unify the World Titles, Unify the US/IC title, bring back a Cruiserweight division, and split everything across the two shows.

Obviously RAW would remain the flagship, but storylines can progress on either show and by having Punk/Cena/Orton and their respective feuds appear on Smackdown, it would help to alleviate the idea that Smackdown is a B-Show and encourage the idea that it is worth tuning in to see what happens like the old Smackdowns (99-2001).

But most importantly, it has to be broadcast live. I read the spoilers every week and rarely (and by this I mean, once or twice a year) feel compelled to watch it. I wonder how many more fans are like that. Especially knowing that RAW has all the top stars. I think even Undertaker has moved to RAW when kayfabe wise it makes sense that he could confront HHH on Smackdown anyway.

Don Caboose

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Tue 14 Feb 2012, 12:36 pm

I dont think you would have to unify the IC and US belts. It was fine back in the Attitude Era when you had the world title, then the Intercontinental and European belts. They even managed to sneak a Hardcore title in there.

So I think today would work fine with the unified World, the IC, the US and maybe a Cruiserweight. And of course the Divas and Tag Team belts.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down