The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daily Mail-can they legally do this??????

5 posters

Go down

Daily Mail-can they legally do this?????? Empty Daily Mail-can they legally do this??????

Post by Taffineastbourne Wed 15 Feb 2012, 12:36 pm

Just entered 2 competitions(on my Wife's behalf!!!) to win tickets for the England v Wales match.They stipulate that the competition is for home fans only.This strikes me as being more than a little "iffy".Any legal eagles out there?

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Daily Mail-can they legally do this?????? Empty Re: Daily Mail-can they legally do this??????

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Wed 15 Feb 2012, 12:40 pm

Taffineastbourne wrote:Just entered 2 competitions(on my Wife's behalf!!!) to win tickets for the England v Wales match.They stipulate that the competition is for home fans only.This strikes me as being more than a little "iffy".Any legal eagles out there?

I suspect that they've carelessly copied the Ts & Cs from a soccer competition (soccer segregates "home" and "away" fans). I doubt they'd be able to enforce it.

You can only access the Guiness fantasy 6N comp if you tell their website you're in Ireland or Northern Ireland when you log in, there are no links to it from their home pages in the rest of the UK or other countries.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Daily Mail-can they legally do this?????? Empty Re: Daily Mail-can they legally do this??????

Post by Chunky Norwich Wed 15 Feb 2012, 12:41 pm

Have you got a link?

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Feb 2012, 1:02 pm

Leave your daffodil outfit and pink cowboy hat at home and you should be ok Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Wed 15 Feb 2012, 1:17 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:Have you got a link?
Sadly my IT skills are state of the ark!
It is www.dailymail.co.uk/sport

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Wed 15 Feb 2012, 1:30 pm

Home fans only bit is in bold type on the competition bit.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 15 Feb 2012, 1:48 pm

I can't see why it should be illegal.

Its not very nice but its a competition an English company are running.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Wed 15 Feb 2012, 1:54 pm

RBS could hardly be seen as an English company!

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 15 Feb 2012, 1:57 pm

The Daily Mail is though?
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Wed 15 Feb 2012, 1:58 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:Leave your daffodil outfit and pink cowboy hat at home and you should be ok Wink

Laugh
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Wed 15 Feb 2012, 2:06 pm

red_stag wrote:The Daily Mail is though?
To clarify,I rang the Mail and was told that the companies running the 2 competions(O2 and RBS)stipulated "home fans only".
I asked what would happen if my English Wife and I turned up having been a lucky winner,would I be denied entry?They suggested subterfuge.I suggested that might work until the Anthems at which point my cover would be well and truely blown!He laughed.
He reckons that they run "home fans only" rule at Cardiff and Murrayfield.No mention of Dublin.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down