The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

any joy with new purchases over christmas?

+4
dynamark
Lairdy
Bob_the_Job
tarka
8 posters

Go down

any joy with new purchases over christmas? Empty any joy with new purchases over christmas?

Post by tarka Wed 15 Feb 2012, 10:14 am

Pretty much changed my whole bag

Vega DAF 8.5 deg driver - aldila voodoo shaft
Vega RAF 02 3 wood - ACCRA dymatch shaft
Vega VU-02 hybrid 18 deg and 24 deg - UST Mamiya Zephyr shaft

Mizuno MP59 5i-pw

Vega 52,56,60 deg wedges

onlything old is putter, went back to Mizuno-bettinardi mallet putter

Well, had my best stableford score on sunday 43 points and I have been investing in lessons as well.

Hopefully this is the start of handicap reductions come the new season.

Anyone have any good / bad purchaces recently

tarka

Back to top Go down

any joy with new purchases over christmas? Empty Re: any joy with new purchases over christmas?

Post by Bob_the_Job Wed 15 Feb 2012, 10:36 am

Yes indeed.

Cobra ZL Driver: Hitting it straight and long? Check.

TaylorMade Burner 4 Rescue: Getting good distance out of the rough consistently? Check

Very Happy
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

any joy with new purchases over christmas? Empty Re: any joy with new purchases over christmas?

Post by Lairdy Wed 15 Feb 2012, 10:44 am

Got a 2nd hand Scotty Cameron Newport 1.5 just before Christmas. Hard to tell if its made any large difference with our hairy big greens or frozen temp greens! Think there is more confidence than with the old heel shafted Yes! Sophia putter though. Cant wait for some decent greens.

Got a new footjoy waterproofs that definitely make a difference!

Lairdy

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Wed 15 Feb 2012, 10:45 am

I did change my bag.
Titleist carry bag almost new for a tenner from a mate who will only ever use a trolley in future(unfortunately)
New mitts for Xmas from my daughter both excellent aquisitions.
Only 9 holes on frozen ground in the last 3 weeks so hardly on top of my game.
Will start to practise in earnest in march,day out booked at Collingtree but I am told the greenstaff at our placeare doing some radical work on the greens early season so may have to be patient for better weather and conditions.Looking forward though

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 15 Feb 2012, 1:19 pm

Nothing club-wise really. Re-shafted my irons with some flighted rifles I had lying around.

Invested in a Garmin Approach G3 GPS and although haven't had the chance to use it a lot yet, looks pretty decent.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by hend085 Wed 15 Feb 2012, 7:21 pm

i got the same Garmin NBS. very pleased with it so far. i think its the perfect mix of detail and simplicity for me.
I also got the burner rescue 4. hitting it well but not quite as far as i expected. it has a nice high ball flight though that im happy with. definitley suits my game more than a traditional 3 iron.

hend085

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Thu 16 Feb 2012, 3:55 am

New Calloway rescue is not yet house trained but my lucky Calloway balls have been great.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by Fader Thu 16 Feb 2012, 5:31 am

As a relatively recent divorcee and first christmas not seeing the old dragon unfortunately nor my children either, I decided to treat myself to a new Driver and 3wood.

Ping G20 Driver in a 10degree and G20 3 wood in 15degree both with the TFC shaft.

Not been able to use for 3 weeks recently due to weather but before that they were performing superbly.

Next on the list a set of i20 irons and a hybrid

Fader

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 16 Feb 2012, 8:32 am

hend085 wrote:i got the same Garmin NBS. very pleased with it so far. i think its the perfect mix of detail and simplicity for me...
Agree 100%. All that and no subscription fees either. Bargain....sort of Smile.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down