The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chisora / Klitschko Weigh-In

+18
ONETWOFOREVER
azania
tunes666
Imperial Ghosty
Nico the gman
compelling and rich
ShahenshahG
Rowley
sodhat
Mind the windows Tino.
KingMonkey
HumanWindmill
Union Cane
johnson2
JabMachineMK2
Fists of Fury
hampo17
lovely_london
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Chisora / Klitschko Weigh-In Empty Chisora / Klitschko Weigh-In

Post by lovely_london Fri 17 Feb - 13:39

Blah blah blah.

Last edited by lovely_london on Fri 17 Feb - 14:33; edited 1 time in total

lovely_london

Back to top Go down

Chisora / Klitschko Weigh-In Empty Re: Chisora / Klitschko Weigh-In

Post by hampo17 Fri 17 Feb - 13:42

Yeah he's usually around the 240/245 mark.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 17 Feb - 13:44

Shocking that he is only 5kg lighter than Vitali, given the size difference between them. Seems he hasn't quite worked hard enough, not that I expected him to.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Fri 17 Feb - 13:46

His body shape is much improved though. Fat to muscle - only a good thing in my eyes

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by johnson2 Fri 17 Feb - 13:50

I'd guess he is around 25/30% body fat. Frankly that is a disgrace.

johnson2

Back to top Go down

Post by lovely_london Fri 17 Feb - 13:55

johnson2 wrote:I'd guess he is around 25/30% body fat. Frankly that is a disgrace.

I knew he would be fat for this fight. In the face of with klitschko he was packing some weight and klitschko even made fun of it.

lovely_london

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri 17 Feb - 13:57

Usually weighs in at 240 so don't see why this one would be any different. He's obviously comfortable fighting at that weight and knows he can do 12 hard rounds. If you thought he was going to come in ripped and at a career lightest you're delusional.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by johnson2 Fri 17 Feb - 13:57

lovely_london wrote:
johnson2 wrote:I'd guess he is around 25/30% body fat. Frankly that is a disgrace.

I knew he would be fat for this fight. In the face of with klitschko he was packing some weight and klitschko even made fun of it.

He probably finds it highly amusing that fat slobs turn up making all the right noises, then get beaten into submission by him.

Beggars belief that a fighter trains so pathetically that he turns up to the biggest fight of his life fat. If I looked like that I wouldnt take my top off around the house, let alone on live TV. He should be ashamed.

johnson2

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 17 Feb - 14:00

Narcissus had nothing on you mate, did he?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 17 Feb - 14:01

johnson2 wrote:
lovely_london wrote:

He probably finds it highly amusing that fat slobs turn up making all the right noises, then get beaten into submission by him.

Beggars belief that a fighter trains so pathetically that he turns up to the biggest fight of his life fat. If I looked like that I wouldnt take my top off around the house, let alone on live TV. He should be ashamed.

Don't suppose you'd fight Klitschko, either.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Fri 17 Feb - 14:01

Personally, I wish I was exactly like Johnson.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 17 Feb - 14:02

I'm hearing that Del Boy clapped Vitali during the staredown, true?

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 17 Feb - 14:03

Does he look vastly different to the picture from the Daily Fail, then?

He didn't look fat in that one.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by johnson2 Fri 17 Feb - 14:03

HumanWindmill wrote:
johnson2 wrote:
lovely_london wrote:

Don't suppose you'd fight Klitschko, either.

I would, the amount Chis is earning would be more than enough to get me in the ring...

johnson2

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Fri 17 Feb - 14:03

Apparently Del Boy just slapped Vit...

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 17 Feb - 14:10

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/feb/17/dereck-chisora-slaps-vitali-klitschko

Yes, he seems to have slapped him...

Not sure whether this is him losing his cool under pressure, or attempting to get in Vit's head...

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 17 Feb - 14:10

Dereck Chisora ignited his weigh-in with WBC heavyweight world champion Vitali Klitschko by slapping the title holder's face hard during their staredown. Klitschko was visibly infuriated as the pair were pulled apart.

Earlier, Chisora had vowed to "shock the world" by snatching the WBC title in Munich. The 28-year-old Londoner challenges Klitschko in Germany this weekend despite two high-profile losses in his last three fights.

Despite being a relative novice, Chisora has already seen two clashes with Klitschko's brother Wladimir scuppered by the Ukrainian's injury withdrawals. He was scheduled to fight the 35-year-old for the IBF and WBO belts in December 2010 before a stomach injury forced the champion to pull out and the rescheduled bout in April last year also fell through with Klitschko blaming a problematic rehabilitation.

While Wladimir went on to beat David Haye instead, Chisora remained at domestic level and lost his British and Commonwealth titles to Tyson Fury. Though he went some way to redeeming himself with a career-best performance against Finnish star Robert Helenius before Christmas, a controversial split decision ultimately saw him suffer a second career defeat.

The Zimbabwe-born Briton therefore takes on long-reigning heavyweight king Klitschko as a huge outsider, with some bookmakers pricing him as generously as 10-1 to dethrone the champion in his adopted homeland.

"I'm the underdog in this fight which is exactly how I like it because when I knock him out in the eighth round it will shock the world," said Chisora, who has a record of 15-2 (9KOs) and is ranked 14th by the WBC. "I know I've got to go in there and do a job on him. I'm in tip-top condition and the best shape I've been in in my entire career, so I'm confident I'm going to smash Mr Vitali Klitschko to bits.

"I'm going to war with him. I'll make sure that he won't get to use his big height and reach advantage against me with the way I'm going to fight him and I've got the eighth round in my head that I'm going to stop him in. He won't be able to keep up with the pace I'm going to set. It will be at 100mph and his old legs won't be able to keep up. I'm not scared of him. He's human, he bleeds and so do I.

"I promise you, it's the end for Vitali. I will end the Klitschko reign and cause a massive upset that will be felt around the world. Everyone else who has fought the Klitschko brothers has been scared. This is one cat that isn't scared of him - or anyone - and I'll throw him off of that throne he's been sitting on for the last few years."

Klitschko has spent the build-up to the fight talking up Chisora's credentials, citing his performance against Helenius in Finland in December as proof of his credentials. "He's the strongest challenger out there and I always want to prove myself against the best," insisted the 40-year-old (43-2, 40KOs) this week. "He is young, wild, aggressive and hungry. He marches forward all the time. The fight will be interesting."

On the scales, Chisora was a relatively svelte 17 stone 3lbs while Klitschko was 17st 6lbs.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/feb/17/dereck-chisora-slaps-vitali-klitschko?newsfeed=true

Last edited by Union Cane on Fri 17 Feb - 14:11; edited 1 time in total
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 17 Feb - 14:10

Chisora / Klitschko Weigh-In Dereck10
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 17 Feb - 14:13

sodhat wrote:

Not sure whether this is him losing his cool under pressure, or attempting to get in Vit's head...

Neither it is because he is mental.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 17 Feb - 14:13

hahaha at least he isnt intimidated - i'm going to bloody well watch this Laugh now where can i stream german channels. Windy you gonna get this for free?

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 17 Feb - 14:16

rowley wrote:
sodhat wrote:

Neither it is because he is mental.

Mental, and clearly with a large set of testicles.

Wonder what effect this will have on Vitali? It must make him angry and affect the fight somehow, surely? No-one is that composed.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 17 Feb - 14:16

I get this one for free, Shah. RTL is mainstream TV here.

Last edited by HumanWindmill on Fri 17 Feb - 16:32; edited 1 time in total

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 17 Feb - 14:29

Y I Man wrote:Just seen a clip on the weigh in on SSN, looks like Chisora tried to hit Klit

See above...

(And my new avatar!)
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Feb - 14:30

Union Cane wrote:
Y I Man wrote:Just seen a clip on the weigh in on SSN, looks like Chisora tried to hit Klit

See above...

(And my new avatar!)
I did after I posted, hence I deleted my post laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri 17 Feb - 14:32

johnson2 wrote:
I am pointing out that Chisora is in poor shape for the best fight of his life. The point I am making is that if a man with a full time job can get himself into better shape and condition than Chisora, then this highlights Chisora's lack of dedication and poor diet, both key parts of being a good BOXER.

I trust you understand the relevance of my point?

You're delusional if you thought he'd come in to this fight any different to the others. As you say biggest fight of his life and you're expecting him to take his body into possible uncharted tettitory by loosing more weight than normal. How do you know what difference that may make to his power or stamina?

Just because you're in "shape" doesn't mean you're fitter. I doubt you could have gone the 12 rounds with Helenius like Chisora did.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri 17 Feb - 14:32

also just seen the slap on ssn, not sure what chisora is after. hayes plan was to try to get under wlads skin to bring him out of his defensive shell. you dont want to make vitali mad though as he doesnt mind a scrap. see a night of pain for del boy with a late stoppage after shipping too many

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Fri 17 Feb - 17:32

Delboy told everyone he would come in around 17st 4 so can't see why anyone thought it would be different,nice slap across the chops.

Got to fancy Vitali but would love to see those 40 year old legs run out of gas and a massive upset, but will keep it real,Vitali doesn't knock anyone out early these days so 10 or 11 round stoppage.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 17 Feb - 17:35

I hope chisora makes him earn every penny

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri 17 Feb - 17:39

not to sound too much like johnsen but chisora weighing similar to vitali tells its own tale, ones a athletic the others not, once a very good boxer the others not. i do try to support the british fighters coming into these fights but there antics certainly make it hard doing so. the slap was un called for and im sure vitali will make him pay for it

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 17 Feb - 17:51

Don't see the issue with Chisora weighing around 240lbs, he would preferably have been lighter from the start of his career but would be stupid to drain his body more than it's used, fairly sensible move if you ask me.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri 17 Feb - 18:10

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Don't see the issue with Chisora weighing around 240lbs, he would preferably have been lighter from the start of his career but would be stupid to drain his body more than it's used, fairly sensible move if you ask me.

think the major issue is ghosty is that its fat and not muscle. for me the likes of tyson and holyfiled had the perfect builds for small heavyweights, lighter than del boy is now but i bet you they were stronger. as they had muscle instead of just fat to bulk up. coming in fourteen stone would be sucide agaisnt vitali as he would bully you all night long. but any small heavyweight who's takes them selves seriously needs to look at tyson etc and get into a fighting weight and not just a weight

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Fri 17 Feb - 19:42

does not look to bad to me..

Chisora / Klitschko Weigh-In Chisora-slaps-klitschko-weigh-in%20(7)

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 17 Feb - 20:11

Muscle doesn't equate to strength and stamina though Compelling, if we look at the strongest men in the world they aren't muscular. Chisora from what I can tell is naturally quite a big man so the weight isn't a huge issue nor is the fat/muscle proportion, if it were to affect his performance it would be cause for concern but other than Fury his fitness has never let him, it is in fact one of the few things he has going for him.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 17 Feb - 20:13

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Muscle doesn't equate to strength and stamina though Compelling, if we look at the strongest men in the world they aren't muscular. Chisora from what I can tell is naturally quite a big man so the weight isn't a huge issue nor is the fat/muscle proportion, if it were to affect his performance it would be cause for concern but other than Fury his fitness has never let him, it is in fact one of the few things he has going for him.

Generally speaking yes, but that Polish guy is seriously ripped. Completely tanked when he tried out in MMA. Gassed after 2 minutes. Big muscles leads to early fatigue.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 17 Feb - 20:16

mariusz pudzianowski is an anomaly and a product of the new format of the worlds strongest man, no doubting his strength but he was by no means the strongest man in the field that was Zydrunas Savickas by a fair old distance, even our own Terry Hollands could comfortably out lift him.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 17 Feb - 20:19

Imperial Ghosty wrote:mariusz pudzianowski is an anomaly and a product of the new format of the worlds strongest man, no doubting his strength but he was by no means the strongest man in the field that was Zydrunas Savickas by a fair old distance, even our own Terry Hollands could comfortably out lift him.

Experts say he was the longest reigning worlds strongest man. That's good enough for me. Still lacked stamina.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 17 Feb - 20:21

Strongman contests are unfortunately no longer a test of strength but more stamina, for a strongman he had incomparable stamina.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 17 Feb - 20:35

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Strongman contests are unfortunately no longer a test of strength but more stamina, for a strongman he had incomparable stamina.

No stamina for MMA though. Throws away the argument about Chisora's physique.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 17 Feb - 20:41

Physique doesn't mean a thing, it can't give any real indication of a fighters stamina. Strong man events and MMA are too far removed to compare stamina in either, one is explosive while the other is endurance.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 17 Feb - 20:52

I don't expect Chisora to get anyway near Vitali but he will put up a brave show, unlike Haye.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Fri 17 Feb - 21:23

How did Chisora actually get this gig? He surely isn't a big enough name to sell tickets in central Europe and US?

Chisora will be as ineffective as Haye was imo. Delboy is just another Samuel Peter with less hype!
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri 17 Feb - 21:24

Lets ignore worlds strongest man, it has no relevance to boxing. The point being tyson etc were in better shape, quicker, better stamina and stronger because they trained seriously. all this and came in lighter than chisora. Chisora is no thicker set than a tyson or holyfield. If he trained as hard as them he would be lighter and more muscle defined. He's not in great shape so people critise him. He's in better shape for this fight, but doesnt mean he's in good shape

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Fri 17 Feb - 21:30

He's in better shape for this fight, but doesnt mean he's in good shape
Shouldn't come as a surprise. He's always reminded me of Gnarls Barkley in looks, apart from the hair of course.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Fri 17 Feb - 21:46

Are you a little worried C and R?

Chisora is a rank outsider, surely you could just dismiss his chances once and forget about it. You've done it, however, about 100 times today.

It's not like anyone is actually saying with any conviction that Del Boy is going to win, just that he could have a chance.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 17 Feb - 21:54

I dont blame the Chis for slapping Vitali. If I was watching 'Only Fools and Horses' and someone switched it off I would act the same. Thats what Vitali did in a way. Chisora is still going to be chatting with Apollo Creed by the end of tomorrow night though

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri 17 Feb - 21:59

Didn't Realise Im not allowed to give my opinions about boxing on a boxing board.

This one were talking about his physique, others I'm simply talking about his chances like many others. It's not my fault if I refuse to buy into the hype. Around the big fights people always get sucked in but I'm yet to see a credable arguement as to why he has a chance?

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 17 Feb - 22:23

There's no credible argument because almost all of us know he has a slim chance and slims out of town.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 17 Feb - 23:08

compelling and rich wrote:Lets ignore worlds strongest man, it has no relevance to boxing. The point being tyson etc were in better shape, quicker, better stamina and stronger because they trained seriously. all this and came in lighter than chisora. Chisora is no thicker set than a tyson or holyfield. If he trained as hard as them he would be lighter and more muscle defined. He's not in great shape so people critise him. He's in better shape for this fight, but doesnt mean he's in good shape

Tyson, Holy, Lewis etc were all better shaped that Holmes. But Larry would beat them all in whatever prime they had. The only time shape matters is with a woman Cool

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Feb - 23:35

HumanWindmill wrote:I get this one for free, Shah. RTL is mainstream TV here.

Same for me. Had Wlad vs Haye, 2 or 3 Froch super 6 fights amongst others. You in Holland by any chance windy?

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Sat 18 Feb - 0:11

Disrespectful from Chisora and Vitali was heard saying "You're fkd now, Derreck"!

Still, was funny to see and no doubt be brought up in years to come (plus the fact that he will most likely take a hiding!).

Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next