The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boxers and twitter

3 posters

Go down

Boxers and twitter Empty Boxers and twitter

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 19 Feb - 15:06

So, I have been utilizing twitter a bit for the board and in general as a way of grasping how the boxing world responds to big fights, and i have to say, it is a great way to get an insight into fighters characters. Unlike most celebrities, boxers don't seem to sugar coat their feelings at all on there. Boxers kind fo have nothing to hide, being that they are in a brutal business and one that seldom calls for the kind of red capret diplomacy that other, higher profile, sports do. Last night after the Haye debacle the twitterverse (as some, NOT ME call it), exploded. And the Campillo robbery was being talked up a storm by fighters too. Paulie had loads to say, Quillan too, and Jimmy Lennon Jr tweeted something to the effect that it was one of the hardest decisions he ever had to announce.

Interesting stuff, nice to get an insight into fighters thoughts. Anyone else use it? You don't need an account of your own btw, just go on and browse if you like.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Boxers and twitter Empty Re: Boxers and twitter

Post by hampo17 Sun 19 Feb - 15:13

Yeah I use it, follow a fair few british boxers. Jamie Moore has been quite vocal on it, George Groves just tweeted "BREAKING NEWS; @boxingbooth & @mrdavidhaye seen tunnelling out of the arena #CharlesBronsonStyle #GreatEscape Very Happy lol" Laugh

Was good in the days before Khan vs Judah was announced, those two where really going at it, same when he fought Mallinaggi but Paulie does that too all his opponents.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sun 19 Feb - 15:15

I got Matt Macklin, Ricky Hatton, Tony Bellew, Carl Frampton and Ashley Theopane to post me signed posters/photos for my son. All through twitter, trying to get others to do it at the minute.

But in the process of getting them framed for his bedroom. Sound guys they are
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 19 Feb - 15:26

Yeah in my experience boxers tend to be more willing to engage with the fans than other sports people.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 19 Feb - 15:30

I think it is great, nice that you got those too Reborn. George Groves is a good lad, going to have to defend his buddies actions today I imagine, which will be hard

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down