The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who has the best chance?

+7
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
manos de piedra
Rowley
J.Benson II
compelling and rich
Mr Bounce
Adam D
11 posters

Go down

Who has the best chance?

Who has the best chance? Vote_lcap0%Who has the best chance? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Who has the best chance? Vote_lcap8%Who has the best chance? Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
Who has the best chance? Vote_lcap21%Who has the best chance? Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 5 ]
[ 0 ]
Who has the best chance? Vote_lcap13%Who has the best chance? Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 3 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Who has the best chance? Vote_lcap58%Who has the best chance? Vote_rcap 58% 
[ 14 ]

Total Votes : 24

Who has the best chance? Empty Who has the best chance?

Post by Adam D Tue 21 Feb 2012, 10:08 am

Now that the dust has settled down on an explosive weekend of boxing, I just thought I would try and bring back a sensible discussion surrounding the Klits.

Amazingly enough, not much has actually been discussed about the actual fight from Saturday. Although Del was game, he still utlimately lost by a wide points margin.

However, I think he showed the blue print on how to beat Vitali. The fight also showed that although he is still good, Vit was certainly missing something from his performance that was previously there.

So my question for debate is this:

Which British Heavyweight is the one you would back to face Vitali in a few months time and win?

I am not looking for a political debate here about contracts etc - if all things being equal, and we are talking about two men facing each other in the ring with contracts all agreed by all parties (a big assumption but lets just roll with it) - which fighter has the best realistic chance of taking one of the K-Bros down? Who has the skills to do it (boxing not promotional skills I hasten to add)

I have set up a poll where you need to answer which brother is more vulnerable and which of the top 4 Brit heavies would win.

Remember the question is - which Brit do you think has the best chance of beating a Klit this year

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Who has the best chance? Empty Re: Who has the best chance?

Post by Mr Bounce Tue 21 Feb 2012, 10:14 am

No Brit has any chance. Boente won't entertain either Chisora or Haye and Price & Fury are not ready. Who else is going to challenge? Larry Oluwambiwo??? John McDermott? Rogan? Sexton? Not a hope!

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 21 Feb 2012, 10:19 am

i think the best chances would have to be against vitali, he showed his age on saturday. dont think any stand a chance agaisnt wlad.

fury is just too easy to hit and would be hurt too often against vitali, if vitali fought smart even at his age he could easy take a wide UD

chisora has fought and fought to his best yet still got beat, the only better chance he would have is if vitali deteriates even more

price, got the tools to trouble a old slowing vitali but also very green to go in against some one with vitali experience and power. reckon prcie could give him a decent fight but his lack of experience may show. he hasnt been in with anyone with vitalis power

haye on paper is the best heavy we have got, but whether style wise he suites a fight with vitali is another thing. chisora showed vitalis is there to be hit when he gets on the inside but thats something haye is very unlikely to do, if he stays out of range he stays right in the pawing jab of vitalis. his jab isnt as good as his brothers and he lacks speed these days but i see a very close points decison between these two with haye being able to have more success than the wlad fight due to his better speed and vitali slowing that little more, still back vitali to take it on points. pot shoting isnt the way to beat a K brother

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Tue 21 Feb 2012, 10:25 am

Vitali's slowing down and is the more beatable of the two. Haye and Price would have the best chance there although I'm not sure how the latter would react when Vitali clocks him. Not convinced Haye has the workrate and desire.

Wlad beats all of them with something to spare.
In 4 years time Anthony Joshua might knock him of the top if Wlad's still there.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 21 Feb 2012, 10:34 am

Have seen a lot of people suggesting based on Saturday Vitali is there for the taking or it is a done deal for Haye to beat him should they fight. Am personally not sure it is that simple. Chisora was constantly coming forward and whilst there was not always a lot of sophistication in what he did he forced Vitali to fight, he could not take breathers in rounds or fight at a pedestrian pace that would suit a 40 year old. The trade off for this was Chisora had to eat quite a lot of leather and a number of decent right hands.

Am not personally convinced we have seen anything from Haye to suggest he is willing to either march forward and force Vitali to fight at any kind of pace or will risk eating as much leather as Dereck did. Am not saying Haye cannot win but genuinely don't think there are too many inferences to be drawn from the fight at the weekend.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Tue 21 Feb 2012, 10:45 am

rowley wrote:Have seen a lot of people suggesting based on Saturday Vitali is there for the taking or it is a done deal for Haye to beat him should they fight. Am personally not sure it is that simple. Chisora was constantly coming forward and whilst there was not always a lot of sophistication in what he did he forced Vitali to fight, he could not take breathers in rounds or fight at a pedestrian pace that would suit a 40 year old. The trade off for this was Chisora had to eat quite a lot of leather and a number of decent right hands.

Am not personally convinced we have seen anything from Haye to suggest he is willing to either march forward and force Vitali to fight at any kind of pace or will risk eating as much leather as Dereck did. Am not saying Haye cannot win but genuinely don't think there are too many inferences to be drawn from the fight at the weekend.

I agree.
Chisora is a pressure fighter who's always marching foward throwing punches. Haye prefers to stay on the backfoot and launch the occassional raid attack. He's quicker than Chisora and throws more hurtful punches but doesnt work the body like Chisora does and lacks the workrate. I doubt Haye's also got the durability and confidence to eat so much leather.

I can see Haye winning but he'd still start as the underdog.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 21 Feb 2012, 11:52 am

No British boxer will beat them in the near future would be a pretty safe bet for me.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 21 Feb 2012, 11:55 am

I would agree with Manos. Price if he keeps improving would be in with a shout but that would be in 2-3 years time and the brothers probably won't be around then.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 21 Feb 2012, 5:59 pm

Price in a couple of years is a possibility but much depends if he progresses as his potential suggests.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 21 Feb 2012, 6:04 pm

I think the only Heavyweight capable of it in the next couple of months is Haye but he would need to grow a set of balls.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 21 Feb 2012, 6:11 pm

Price would ave the best chance. He is taller than both the brothers and has a bigger reach an unlike fury e can use it well.

I dot think I've ever seen a brother fight someone as big as them (height wise) unless you count Lewis but he is sill only 6'4 I think.

He has a very good jab and a lot of power. He could take vitali in less than a year imo but it will be still very difficult. We still don't know how he will take a shy from heavyweight let alone one from someone who can hit as hard as the brothers can

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Tue 21 Feb 2012, 9:35 pm

Damnit. Should read the polls more carefully - missed the "none of the above" option.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum