The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vitali's Injury

+9
Adam D
Rowley
Boxtthis
manos de piedra
trottb
Josiah Maiestas
JabMachineMK2
ShahenshahG
skimpton
13 posters

Go down

Vitali's Injury Empty Vitali's Injury

Post by skimpton Tue 21 Feb 2012, 11:15 am

Have read most of the posts on here and there is a lot of mention of Vitali regressing, with Chisora getting in close and being relatively successful and perhaps even showing the blueprint for beating him.
However, I have found no mention of Vitali's shoulder injury that he is said to have picked up in the 4th/5th round. This undoubtedly would have affected his ability to throw a better left jab and at least discourage Chisora from coming forward as much.

http://www1.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/7535171/Vitali-reveals-shoulder-injury

There are various other links as well if searched on google.

skimpton

Back to top Go down

Vitali's Injury Empty Re: Vitali's Injury

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 21 Feb 2012, 12:12 pm

New fashion here mate - say nothing good about klitschkos.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue 21 Feb 2012, 12:16 pm

I saw him wince as Chisora lunged in around round 3 and he hit him on the shoulder and kind of body checked him. Vit started walking away and from that point his jab wasn't thrown at all in anger after that.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Tue 21 Feb 2012, 12:18 pm

Ukranians are built like glass don't forget Wladimir's glassy jaw!! Anyway beating smaller guys is not gonna earn the Klitschko's too many fans outside of eastern europe...just saying! Cool
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue 21 Feb 2012, 12:22 pm

The K bros are huge around the world. What are you talking about - they're the heavyweight champions of the world. WORLD.

And Wlad has a decent chin, just cos he's been down doesn't mean every time he's hit he falls apart and loses. He wouldn't be a boxer otherwise.

Is this a troll?

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Tue 21 Feb 2012, 12:23 pm

Interesting, thanks Skimpton wasn't aware of this. Could well explain why he appeared to be struggling later on in the fight although I'd still say that this was down to Chisora constantly moving forward and pressuring him.

Josiah, how many guys are there that are their size that are credible challengers?

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 21 Feb 2012, 12:29 pm

Not too sure what effect it had really. Vitali didnt mention it after the fight in the interview and cant say I really say I noticed any drastic change in his style or output after round 5. Possibly just a sore one that needs a bit of time to heal rather than a severe injury.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Vitali's Injury Empty Vitali's One Armed Victory

Post by Boxtthis Tue 21 Feb 2012, 4:45 pm

Although I'm a wee bit reluctant to start a new Chisora/Klitschko thread here, I think this point has missed a lot of the discussion:

Aside from the post-fight nonsense, Chisora was rightly (I think) praised for how much he pushed Vitali during the fight. Some have mentioned about Vitali finally being on the slide. However, it's been confirmed that he injured his shoulder during the fight. The Ring are painting this as a 'one handed' victory:

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/171583-weekend-review-one-handed-victory

Thoughts?

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 21 Feb 2012, 4:48 pm

He is evil and is probably lying about this.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 21 Feb 2012, 4:49 pm

It was probably in the doctors contract rowley.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 21 Feb 2012, 4:50 pm

https://www.606v2.com/t24329-vitali-s-injury

Going to merge these in a few minutes - say goodbye!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Tue 21 Feb 2012, 5:02 pm

Fair enough - never spotted it

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 21 Feb 2012, 5:09 pm

I would guess the Ring are overplaying this a bit. Vitali himself didnt mention the injury as a significant factor when he was interviewed after. He just said Chisora gave him a good fight and he was disappointed not to get the knock out. Didnt mention the shoulder being a significant factor. I did think his punches lacked more snap than usual, but attributed that to him being on the back foot more. Perhaps the shoulder accounted for that to some degree. It definately didnt affect his volume of punches though as I read the compubox stats yesterday and he threw more punches in the last round than any other.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 21 Feb 2012, 5:20 pm

If it played it's part in the result i'm sure he would have mentioned it after the fight. It may have started to bother him after he had cooled down and the adrenaline left him.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 21 Feb 2012, 5:45 pm

He only mentioned it after the fight when people where saying that he is on the slide.

He didn't say anything untill a couple of days after the fight. True he didn't throw as many jabs but he still used his left hand (his power shot is the right cross or right uppercut anyway)

Fighters always get injuries during fights but only feel it untill afterwards as the adrenaline numbs it so they don't realise as much

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Tue 21 Feb 2012, 9:42 pm

It almost certainly made a difference - hell anything that keeps you out for 12 weeks makes a difference - but as people are saying - not all that much of a difference.

Maybe he'd have been able to put a bit more force into his jab, maybe he'd have had a bit more pop with his jab.

I always trot out this old pony - but I haven't flogged it to death yet - so:

While ago, in a judo competition, in the first round, I partially tore one of the stabilising ligaments in my knee. Which was a bit of a shame. Hurt like hell, initially, actually. Managed to survive and win the fight I did the damage in, with a straight knee. Having topped my pool, then decided that I'd best pull out before the knockout stages (competition looked tough and I couldn't see myself pulling through on 1 leg). Anyway - kept warm and loose and with a couple of ibuprofens and a lot of ice - I noticed that as long as I was warm and the adrenaline/cortisol was going - I didn't really notice any pain - but what I did notice was a feeling of instability - I couldn't make my leg do the things I wanted it to do or it would normally do - and it did have a major effect on my style.

I imagine things were similar with Vitali. Even if he didn't notice the pain - in those brief moments of clarity one gets whilst fighting - he'd may have wondered whether his left was "as usual". Alternatively - he may just not have noticed any perceptual change - but it still affected him sub-perceptibly. Alternatively - it may have had no affect on the fight.

No way of really telling for sure - but my gut instinct is the middle option.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by chris_dior Tue 21 Feb 2012, 11:34 pm

I don't think the injury had any effect. Vitali threw the same amount of punches against chisora as he did against adamek.

chris_dior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down