The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steak - well done please

+10
sodhat
Mark_Seven
KasperTheFriendlyGhost
Samo
Kay Fabe
ADMIN
Statto00
bretmeharty
Shot 21 LCFC
Adam D
14 posters

Go down

Steak - well done please Empty Steak - well done please

Post by Adam D Wed 22 Feb 2012, 8:44 am

I grew up for the most part in South Wales. I was surrounded by my family, all of whom were fairly old in the grand scheme of having children.

From time to time we would go out to nice restaurants and some not so nice ones. For the record, the point of this article is nothing to do with the culinary delights or quality of the restaurants of South Wales in the late 70's/ early 80's. Sometimes I would be taken to these places with my parents, sometimes with a larger group such as grand parents or friends of the family.

Now the choice of the discerning late 20th Century diner was predominantly steak. Remember, these were the days of Bernies and Beefeaters etc. People went out for steak dinners.

Now you all still wondering at this point whether I will ever get to a point about wrestling or if this is just some rambling memoir about a prime bit of porterhouse I ate in St Mellons in 1982 (its the former, although the latter was pretty, pretty good as well).

Where was I? A yes - steak. people ordered steaks in these places. In these places, at this time in history. And the majority of this generation ordered them "well done".

From grandmothers to parents, to hip younger neighbours who came along for a dining sourjone with the Adam D family, they all ordered them well done.

"Take it back - I can still see blood!"

"Its still pink - can you ask the chef to cook it some more"

You get the drift. Steak in the 70/80s was cooked well done. That's just the way it was. And I was programmed into thinking that way too. I didn't want any red on my meat. I didn't want my steak to be softer and more tasty. No sir-ee. I wanted my steak cremated as that was the way it should be cooked.

Moving on to my dating years. I entertained the odd lady at a dining establishment or too. And not just ones from South Wales. I was geographically without bounds on my dating odyssey (although pearly queen type speakers were personally vetoed irrespective of looks). And do you know what - the majority of them liked well done steaks too. This brainwashing of cooking steak to its charred grizzly demise was a national conspiracy. Those damned parents across the UK were in on it, by god.

This heel stable of parents, were teaching their children to eat steak like they liked it. It was wrong to enjoy a medium rare piece of rib-eye.

Over the years, my palette has become more refined and I now know the right and wrongs of a true culinary experience. I eat things that my granny from Risca would have thrown in the bin. I eat things that would make the last generation heave (and in the case of some Friday night kebabs, make every generation heave).

So what's my point? Well wrestling is a lot like my beef analogy. People are programmed to accept that certain things in wrestling are the norm. And that its the way it should be. there are a few brave enough to speak out and order it rare but most will be swept along with the tidal wave of overcooked rump.

John Cena sucks.
CM Punk is the best in the world.
Brodus Clay is awesome.
TNA is rubbish compared to WWE.

The majority of the people on the internet and watching wrestling at home (but mainly the ones on the net) have been programmed to think these things. Its a veritable herding effect. People want to be part of the flock and not break away with a thought of their own. Or more importantly, refuse to believe the actual reality due to being brainwashed that what they have been told is FACT.

Cena doesnt suck. he is very good. Yes he is pushed like superman but he works hard and delivers blistering promos. He gets big matches but not necessarily good ones but carries on with aplomb (The Rock stuff has been an albatross all year but he has still shone. In a story with Eve and Zach Ryder - well at least they ade him look less wooden).

CM Punk is very very good. But he would be better if he wasn't so limited by the WWE behemoth. I like him a lot. I watch his matches and promos in normal speed (thats the best compliment I can give to anyone) but he has stalled over the last year due to the WWE creative team. A real rollercoaster and possibly the basis of a good article (doesnt have to have a food based opening if someone wants to run with it).

Brodus is awesome. No he is not. The gimmick was stale after the second match.

And finally, my favourite of the misconceptions and the one that irks me the most.

TNA is rubbish.

Most people who slate TNA are well done WWE watchers. TNA deserves a lot of criticism, that's for sure. But it is still, in my opinion, an excellent progressive show. When 606v2 was launched, it was about a year after Hogan had joined TNA. People on here quite rightly slated the product, the direction etc. TNA had been very good and the Hogan machine had derailed it a little. (well a lot to be truthful)

However, the IWC (well the 606v2 IWC) continued to slate the product whilst accepting the charred Sirloin of the WWE. TNA made mistakes but they have also put together a years worth of progressive TV. Yes, certain wrestlers are criminally ignored. Yes, some talent is on the wrong place on the card. But when it has done things, it has done them very well.

WWE are allowed to misfire on things with less criticism than TNA. The Corre, The Nexus, CM Punks push, Embrace the Hate, The end of the world as we know it, the anonymous GM etc. People accept it as it is the norm.

TNA gets ripped to shreds however - send it back! The X Division was a highlight before Hogan and they ruined it. But look at it now. Austin Aries is possibly THE greatest wrestler in the world right now. The X division is exciting and that's without Styles, Daniels or Joe in it. The knockouts used to be great and its getting back to where it was. And not a fart in sight (or at least within whiff length). The main event has a homegrown talent with another chasing (not Sting, but Storm!).

TNA has changed a lot and most of it has been under the radar due to people being told that WWE is the best and that TNA is rubbish. That, unfortunately, is simply not the case. The herd may flock towards WWE and believe the hype machine but a few black sheep should also take a look at the alternative too. It really has grown and developed over the last year.

Until people start doing this and giving the competition some love, WWE can carry on to serve up half baked conclusions (or in the context of my metaphor, over baked conclusion).

TNA still has problems but most of the things levelled at it are preconceived misconceptions - its a graveyard for ex WWE for example (take a look at the last 3 months and tell me who exactly other than Jeff Hardy (who most WWE fans would welcome back) and Matt Morgan (who was never really a star in WWE).)

Until we start thinking for ourselves, this industry will never change. We need to change our eating habits and I implore you to just try a slice of TNA very soon.

I recommend some bearnaise with it!

Thanks for reading.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Steak - well done please Empty Re: Steak - well done please

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed 22 Feb 2012, 10:39 am

I agree with what you say about John Cena - I think he is a lot better than he is given credit for.

I must admith Im one of them ones who think TNA is rubbish. But Im a WWE loyalist. I never did watch WCW or ECW.

I hope TNA gets bigger and bigger personally, but only so WWE can step their game up.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Wed 22 Feb 2012, 12:17 pm

I like this article and the metaphors that you have used, OK

Speaking for only myself, I can say firstly I don't really have much of an opinion on TNA because I don't watch much if any of it, unless I happen to catch it flicking over but not because its a popular thing to not watch it then slate it but because of just that, it's on a channel I never watch or go anywhere near unless there is nothing I can find on and I just flick all through the channels.

As for WWE in my opinion it's in a worst state constantly now for about 7-8 years, they are having to rely on guys from the old era to come back and give events starpower because they either refuse to by their own stubon-ness or just plain incompetence make new stars, the last star they made I think was Edge in 2006 since then they have put the title on various new guys only to bomb... and why do they bomb? because while champion the booking is atrocious.

Swagger, Del Rio, Miz and Ziggler could easily become the new Stone Cold and Rock of this generation but a mixture of petty-ness and lack of doing whats right for the business they get booked to "pay their dues" and while WWE have that attitude they will never move forward and build for the future.

Once they realise they can't rely on the old guard no longer they will rush to try and make new stars and expect us "the audience" to buy into it.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 22 Feb 2012, 12:49 pm

Thanks for the comment Bret OK

The problem with TNA is the fact its on challenge. Its great that its free but as you say, not many people notice it.

It supposedly (and I hope its true) gets more than WWE but then again, WWE is on at unsociable hours as well. So if you sky+ WWE why not TNA?

If TNA went of Channel 5 for example, I think the ratings would go through the roof in this country.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Wed 22 Feb 2012, 2:00 pm

If it was on channel 5 I would always remember about it and watch all the time, and then I would have more of an opinion on TNA.

I always take them statistics with a pinch of salt to be honest with you Adam.

P.S. I find it criminal this article has gone un-noticed and sparked more of a debate, I say un-noticed I mean ignored.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Statto00 Wed 22 Feb 2012, 2:05 pm

bretmeharty wrote:P.S. I find it criminal this article has gone un-noticed and sparked more of a debate, I say un-noticed I mean ignored.
My guess is that the "well done" clan just think "Yeah, whatever, TNA is poopie", while to those of us who watch TNA it's what we've been thinking for a while now. Beyond that, fabulous article. thumbsup

Statto00

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Wed 22 Feb 2012, 2:20 pm

I think the main issue that I have with TNA is that when the Hogan era came in TNA were in my opinion in the best shape they'd been for a long time.

You had Joe, AJ and Daniels fighting it out for the main title.
MCMG, Beer Money, Dudleyz competing for the tags
Angle v Wolfe in some epic matches.
Matt Morgan and Pope looking like they're heading to main event scene.
The female division really having a good mix to it.

And within a couple of months that was torn apart to bring in Hogan's guys to go over most of the above.

It just really put me off the product and I've found it very hard to get myself interested in it again.
The plusses since Hogan took over...

Austin Aries, completely agree, best pound for pound wrestler in the business.
Bully Ray, just a huge shame he concentrated on tags for so long, one of the best heel promoers the business has ever seen.
Roode, he makes an excellent champ imo.

But thats about it unfortunately. The best new tag team (Young Bucks) came and went due to RVD throwing a strop. The divas are now pretty much the same as the WWE equvilant choosing looks over talent. Heel turns still happen without reason and on a far too frequent basis.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 22 Feb 2012, 3:43 pm

I'm a rare to medium kinda guy

I don't agree with your comments that TNA is good, it has good aspects but for me it's not good, it looks cheap and tacky, intentionally tacky which defies logic, I'm all for a more intimate feel of the place but TNA just comes across as WWE-lite, something I can't quite get my head around since I believe that done correctly could be every bit as good if not better than the WWE

TNA have a unique habit in that they seem to revel in making themselves and their storylines look ridiculous, I didn't like a lot of what happened on iMPACT! Wrestling under Hogan's guidence but thought I'd give him the benefit of the doubt in his second year, the whole BFG series for me was a master stroke and all of a sudden made house shows important as results directly effected the league table

The emergence of Gunner, Crimson and Bobby Roode as a singles competitor was also nicely done, they choose to run with Roode (correct choice) and it seemed like they where really building some top momentum heading into their #1 PPV, Roode was going to overcome the odds and beat one of the best in the World to win his first World Championship, the IWC was buzzing for Roode, then inexplicably they nixed it, they then hotshotted the title onto Roode's Tag Team partner who in terms of the storyline was a mere after thought, then hotshotted the sdtarp from him onto Roode, these two changes happening on taped TV's and neither popping a rating out of the ordinary to what they get week in week out, a complete mess

They've tried to put things right since then but I and a lot like me have lost the sense to actually care because TNA ain't interested in putting out a logical product, they're after quick sharp shock value TV to try and pop some kind of rating.

Hulk Hogan wanted BFG 2011 to be remembered for the night the Red and Yellow made a comeback, he knew a Bobby Roode World Title win would overshadow that and everything that's happened since has been a consequence of that.

Samoa Joe has been massively mis-used during the Hogan era, is that his fault? Partly, he was hardly top billing when they took over, his attitude didn't help him either however it's easy to get disheartened in a land of the ridiculous (Abyss power of the WWE HoF ring) - he finally looks to be getting back on track, he's a singles guy though, a badass Mo-Fo, friends with no-one Jack who just wants to beat the crap out of people, he needs to be back to that, not only is it entertaining, he's a proven PPV draw which TNA don't have in TNA circles

As for John Cena, I'm not a sheep, never have been and I definitely don't believe Cena is good, he gets the big matches, does that mean he's good? That's up to whoever enjoys wrestling and what they prefer, I don't like his matches or his promos, I definitely can't agree he's a good promo, I think he SHOULD be a great promo, I've always believed he has the ability and confidence to be a great promo guy but I can't stand his style, the whole schtick with him comes across as a cheap presenter for a poor game show or a QVC type channels, his promo the other night however was blistering and shows how good he can be if he cuts the crap and does something meaningful, now we can blame the WWE for this however Cena is the biggest star in the company, he should be aware of what's required and have the sway to say "listen, this is what I can do and this is how it should be done"

Cena became so entranced in being kid friendly he became far to comfortable in his gimmick and he was hurting the product more than helping it, the guy also has two of the easiest finishers in Pro Wrestling and the fact he can't make any of them look remotely painful, a basic requirement for a bottom tier guy never mind the company's best, says it all about his application

If John Cena was a steak he'd be well done - tough, thick and dry

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 22 Feb 2012, 3:48 pm

But apart from that, you liked the article? Laugh

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 22 Feb 2012, 3:55 pm

I thought it was a very intelligently written article and a fun read, I also think you've nailed why My old man will only accept cremated Steak

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 22 Feb 2012, 3:56 pm

I like my steaks rare but I dont like TNA. What does that make me?

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by KasperTheFriendlyGhost Wed 22 Feb 2012, 3:58 pm

Fantastic thread! clap

KasperTheFriendlyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark_Seven Wed 22 Feb 2012, 4:15 pm

the-gaffer wrote: they choose to run with Roode (correct choice) and it seemed like they where really building some top momentum heading into their #1 PPV, Roode was going to overcome the odds and beat one of the best in the World to win his first World Championship, the IWC was buzzing for Roode, then inexplicably they nixed it, they then hotshotted the title onto Roode's Tag Team partner who in terms of the storyline was a mere after thought, then hotshotted the sdtarp from him onto Roode, these two changes happening on taped TV's and neither popping a rating out of the ordinary to what they get week in week out, a complete mess

This is Hogan's recent explaination of why it was nixed - https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-osJr9FdPBE

It makes sense in what he is saying, that once Roode beats Kurt Angle (the top heel), then what? He's already beaten the best and without other top heels to face (comparable to Angle) he'd soon run out of steam.

I completely agree with you that what they did instead was a complete mess. Roode should have won that night at BFG, and then turned heel on Storm in their title match to retain.

Good article by the way, anyone else fancying a steak tonight?

Mark_Seven

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Wed 22 Feb 2012, 4:28 pm

Adam, Looks like you have created a bit of a tna frenzy Erm

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 22 Feb 2012, 4:33 pm

bretmeharty wrote:Adam, Looks like you have created a bit of a tna frenzy Erm

And I really want a steak now.

Regarding the thread, I agree with the points your making. Not so much on this forum, but certainly on a news site I use the trends you mention are very prevalent.

I can't comment too much on TNA because I rarely watch it, but when I do I generally find it passable and if I watched more of it I would probably enjoy it. But then I usually enjoy even the worst Raws or Smackdowns.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 22 Feb 2012, 4:58 pm

Mark_Seven wrote:
the-gaffer wrote: they choose to run with Roode (correct choice) and it seemed like they where really building some top momentum heading into their #1 PPV, Roode was going to overcome the odds and beat one of the best in the World to win his first World Championship, the IWC was buzzing for Roode, then inexplicably they nixed it, they then hotshotted the title onto Roode's Tag Team partner who in terms of the storyline was a mere after thought, then hotshotted the sdtarp from him onto Roode, these two changes happening on taped TV's and neither popping a rating out of the ordinary to what they get week in week out, a complete mess

This is Hogan's recent explaination of why it was nixed - https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-osJr9FdPBE

It makes sense in what he is saying, that once Roode beats Kurt Angle (the top heel), then what? He's already beaten the best and without other top heels to face (comparable to Angle) he'd soon run out of steam.

I completely agree with you that what they did instead was a complete mess. Roode should have won that night at BFG, and then turned heel on Storm in their title match to retain.

Cheers for the link mate, I didn't view it though, Hogan excuses wear thin on me, going from what you say though he justified the decision by claiming there was no other top heel, for me he'd have won the title then had short programs with BFG semi-finalists Bully Ray and Gunner, slowly but surely his ego would be clear in Fortune, slowly believing that he was a cut above the group and while his tongue would never say it, his attitude and mannerisms definitely would, during this time I'd then have the program he had with AJ and have Storm continue to put off any potential World Title Match, Roode would begin to become unbearable after defeating AJ (while Fortune is still in one piece) and after a while Roode mistakes Storm's reluctance to fight as a sign of weakness as if he knows he can't beat Roode when it would simply have been he didn't want to fight his best friend for the title.

I'd have booked Roode to turn heel on a slow burner and in turn wreck Fortune in the process, I'd have liked to have seen Roode and AJ lead some kind of Fortune War where Roode believes he's the leader, AJ believes he was and add guys like the MCMG and Samoa Joe to the fold along with Chris Daniels, Kaz and Storm, it could lead to a 4 on 4 war, throw Ric Flair into the mix as well if you want, since the whole Fortune concept was created through his 4 Horsemen links

You also have Crimson who would still be undefeated and pushed hard too

For me it all looked like it was too easy to book, I think this could have given TNA a years worth of booking

Right now, what I think I'd like to see is Samoa Joe have a.4-6 month reign and for Jeff Hardy to do the chasing and get the win, Hardy for me is the perfect face for chasing and Joe being a badass maniac who just likes beating the crap out of people would get people interested

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark_Seven Wed 22 Feb 2012, 6:44 pm

the-gaffer wrote:
Mark_Seven wrote:

Cheers for the link mate, I didn't view it though, Hogan excuses wear thin on me, going from what you say though he justified the decision by claiming there was no other top heel, for me he'd have won the title then had short programs with BFG semi-finalists Bully Ray and Gunner, slowly but surely his ego would be clear in Fortune, slowly believing that he was a cut above the group and while his tongue would never say it, his attitude and mannerisms definitely would, during this time I'd then have the program he had with AJ and have Storm continue to put off any potential World Title Match, Roode would begin to become unbearable after defeating AJ (while Fortune is still in one piece) and after a while Roode mistakes Storm's reluctance to fight as a sign of weakness as if he knows he can't beat Roode when it would simply have been he didn't want to fight his best friend for the title.

I'd have booked Roode to turn heel on a slow burner and in turn wreck Fortune in the process, I'd have liked to have seen Roode and AJ lead some kind of Fortune War where Roode believes he's the leader, AJ believes he was and add guys like the MCMG and Samoa Joe to the fold along with Chris Daniels, Kaz and Storm, it could lead to a 4 on 4 war, throw Ric Flair into the mix as well if you want, since the whole Fortune concept was created through his 4 Horsemen links

You also have Crimson who would still be undefeated and pushed hard too

For me it all looked like it was too easy to book, I think this could have given TNA a years worth of booking

Right now, what I think I'd like to see is Samoa Joe have a.4-6 month reign and for Jeff Hardy to do the chasing and get the win, Hardy for me is the perfect face for chasing and Joe being a badass maniac who just likes beating the crap out of people would get people interested

What? You didn't watch my link? Damn son, you come on here flappin' your gums with your little mealy mouth and you don't even watch my damn link. What? Too busy watching re-runs of take me out? What? Think that just because you can book a comprehensive, sensible storyline you know better than Hulk Hogan? What? Speak up son, I can't hear you..

..Sorry, sorry my bad, I have a bit of a rep for going all Stone Cold on people sometimes.

Seriously though, really like your idea and they did go with a semblence of it but applied it to Daniels, with him getting full of himself after beating Kaz and AJ a few times, which split fortune up. Im afraid it wouldnt have made it throught the creative meeting though as there's no such thing as a slow turn in tna.

Props to Adam too for managing to generate an 'imact wrestling' discussion, and for undoubtedly upping steak sales country-wide. Next 606v2 venture perhaps? Shortly followed by JR signing up to remind us all to 'sauce it'..

Mark_Seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 22 Feb 2012, 6:48 pm

Spoiler:

Buy me at the v2 shop.......mmmmmmmmm

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark_Seven Wed 22 Feb 2012, 6:49 pm

Just googled 'mealy mouth' as i've actually no idea what it means. It says -

"mealy-mouthed - hesitant to state facts or opinions simply and directly as from e.g. timidity or hypocrisy; "a mealymouthed politician"

Definitely not gaffer!

Mark_Seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 22 Feb 2012, 7:07 pm

Laugh

If anyone ever finds the F the WWE done away with you can take a right good one to yersel boy! Smile

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 22 Feb 2012, 7:10 pm

the-gaffer wrote:Laugh

If anyone ever finds the F the WWE done away with you can take a right good one to yersel boy! Smile

I tried this on google translate but it said it was yiddish.

Watcha talkin' about willis?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 22 Feb 2012, 7:13 pm

Racist!

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark_Seven Wed 22 Feb 2012, 7:14 pm

Laugh
I believe that was scottish for F off haha

Mark_Seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 22 Feb 2012, 7:18 pm

Yeah, as the jovial saying goes amoung friends

"Away and take a good F to yourself"

Y.I has been working over time sorting out my posts, I'm trying to be extra creative here Wink

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 22 Feb 2012, 7:21 pm

Anyway lads, needs must, I'm off to the Celtic game, ttfn Laugh what a pretentious jockey of male members things to say "ttfn"

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 22 Feb 2012, 7:22 pm

Lets get back on topic please
Spoiler:

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Wed 22 Feb 2012, 10:24 pm

I was slightly confused at first but once getting through the meat comparisons and getting to the bones of the article I actually really enjoyed it.

I have just finished watching RAW and IMO John cena absolutely smashed his promo on the Rock, I haven't seen him this focused or determined to deliver for a long long time, yes of course cena has always been a very driven individual but his work whether it be in ring or on the mic has been lacklustre and if anything a touch complacent in recent times, yet on Monday night he produced a glimpse of what he is truely capable of. That promo had it all for me; passion, heart, a touch of shoot about it and the fans seamed to eat it up! However 1 decent promo out of 50 doesn't cut it and this is the issue I have with cena not the fact that he is booked like superman it's the fact that he has it in him to deliver but never really does, fans make hogan comparisons in relation to winning streaks, title reigns and time as a face correctly but IMO the two are miles apart in terms of delivering a performance. I appreciate that cena is a dedicated competitor that trains hard every day and that he doesn't take time off to make his crappy movies which is all very commendable and yes does make you role model but does that make him a good pro wrestler?...no! The bottom line of it all is that cena just isnt that talented, a hard worker yes, but in the ring when the bell goes cena doesn't have IT, not in the same way stone cold, the rock or hbk did as the companies number one face.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Thu 23 Feb 2012, 11:02 am

I like John Cena. Granted its mainly for the hard work and commitment he shows WWE. But I do rate him as a wrestler. Is he as good as The Rock, Austin or HBK? No. But he is no where near awful either.

I am a huge Rock fan, he pretty much got me into wrestling (I got into it very late) but with the whole Rock v Cena thing I find myself being behind Cena due to the exact things Cena said on Raw this week. Having said that I did love The Rocks performance in his tag match with Cena. I am certainly looking forward to the Wrestlemania main event.

As much as I like CM Punk, he is not the best in the world. He's probably the best on the mic but he makes far too many mistakes in the ring to be the best.

Brodus Clay awesome? Yet to see that to be honest.

And TNA rubbish? Maybe. I've tried watching it several times and I just can't get into it. Seems to be a WWE reject company but I'm sure there's more to it than that.

Oh and I like my steak medium.

I have no idea what all this means....

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 23 Feb 2012, 11:10 am

MIG wrote:And TNA rubbish? Maybe. I've tried watching it several times and I just can't get into it. Seems to be a WWE reject company but I'm sure there's more to it than that.

Oh and I like my steak medium.

I have no idea what all this means....

That was part of my point - a lot of people say that and use it as the reason why TNA is rubbish.

The current active roster (in the main)

Roode
Storm
Sting
Bully Ray
Angle
Hardy
Matt Morgan
Joe
Robbie E
Kaz
AJ Styles
Austin Aries
Kid Kash
Abyss
Rob Terry
Chris Daniels

Out of those, the WWE rejects are?

Hardy - WWE would have him back as would the fans.
Angle - as above
Morgan - a genuine WWE reject.
Bully Ray - Is he a reject? Perhaps but has grown and shown since going solo - wouldnt have happened in the E.

The point I am making is that there are misconceptions that are handed out that may have been true before, but are way off the mark now. The WWE rejects one is the biggest one of these.

To be fair, there are a few on the peripheral as well:

RVD - unlikely to be seen in any great extent on TNA again
Hulk Hogan - the biggest wrestling star ever
Ken Anderson - who knows what he will become or what he could have been. Maybe a future star on TNA or WWE or just be another has been.
Kim Gail - was in WWE and was rubbish. Came to TNA and was brilliant. So much so that the WWE rehired her and made her rubbish again.
Mickie James - One of the best female wrestlers out there.
Tara (Victoria) - same as Mickie

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 23 Feb 2012, 11:33 am

All of the above though with the exception of RVD and Jeff Hardy were rejected by the WWE though, rightly or wrongly, Hardy would never have kept his job had he been under the WWE banner during his high profile Drug case

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Thu 23 Feb 2012, 11:48 am

MIG wrote:I like John Cena. Granted its mainly for the hard work and commitment he shows WWE. But I do rate him as a wrestler. Is he as good as The Rock, Austin or HBK? No. But he is no where near awful either

I like cena as well but don't rate him as in ring performer, the guy has about three moves and his finisher is basically a firemans carry. I struggle to get through his matches with any interest

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by uberkiwi Thu 23 Feb 2012, 11:48 am

Wasnt Kazarian rejected/left too? If only a brief signing.

Oh and great Article Adam, read through it all - havent had time to reply properly yet so just a flyby posting.

uberkiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Thu 23 Feb 2012, 11:51 am

uberkiwi wrote:Wasnt Kazarian rejected too? If only a brief signing.

He was at tna first and tried a stint with wwe that amounted to the square route of f all, then went back to tna with his tail between his legs

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 23 Feb 2012, 12:54 pm

I've never really bought into Kaz, when I first saw him he reminded me of a in his prime Scott Hall in the way that he carried himself but he never carried that kind of aura into the ring with him, he's good in the ring but just doesn't give me that wow factor, I think Kaz might give to much away too soon, he doesn't save anything for big matches so nothing about him feels special, same can be said for AJ too although I actually do like AJ and feel he has that connection with the fans

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Thu 23 Feb 2012, 12:59 pm

Ever since I have been watching TNA I have felt that Kaz should be an arrogant self-centred heel. Everything about his look screams heel at me yet he has been pretty consistently a face.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down