The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enzo v Ciaran Healy

3 posters

Go down

Enzo v Ciaran Healy  Empty Enzo v Ciaran Healy

Post by jimmy joe Sun 26 Feb 2012, 6:34 am

We're all used to Mr Warrens poor matchmaking (is that allowed considering Box Nation are a sponsor of this site) but even i have to say i was shocked to See Big Enzo fighting Ulsters finest Ciaran Healy last night.

Ciaran Healy had lost 7 out of his last ten, is basically a MW/SMW, he is generally used as a journey man for MW/SMW (he fought De gale not that long ago), i nearly choked to see him announced as big Enzo's opponent last night. Enzo is meant to be a world class Cruiserweight and here he is fighting blown up SMW journey men, shocking, absolutely shocking, doesn't matter if he's a last minute replacement these two guys should not have been sharing the same ring full stop, would find it very amusing to hear Mr Warren justify this match up. By the way no disrespect to Ciaran Healy, fair play for taking the fight but lets be honest here, i'm struggling to think of a worse match up in all the years ive watched boxing!!

Shame on you Mr Warren!!!

jimmy joe

Back to top Go down

Enzo v Ciaran Healy  Empty Re: Enzo v Ciaran Healy

Post by bhb001 Sun 26 Feb 2012, 6:45 am

No justification meant in this, as I agree with your point entirely. Enzo fights next month for the British Cruiser Weight Championship and so there was no way he was going to get in the ring with any one who would be a test for him. Basic warm up with very little risk against a career supermiddleweight who has fought at least once before at Light Heavy (for the Irish Championship!).

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmy joe Sun 26 Feb 2012, 6:49 am

very little risk? i would say zero risk, not even a punchers chance as Ciaran Healy isn't a puncher. Big Enzo looked in shape, gone are the moobs and he looked in good shape. This fight did nothing but pad out an already poor line up and did nothing for the fans, for Enzo or for Ciaran Healy, struggling to find even a small reason why this fight should have happened. I wouldn't even have said Ciaran Healy could offer decent sparring for Enzo and there he goes and turns up as an opponent!!!

jimmy joe

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Sun 26 Feb 2012, 7:01 am

Agree totally. Another Warren farce

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 26 Feb 2012, 11:16 pm

Fight was in Wales - Cleverly's opponent was tosh - Needed another guy to sell a couple more tickets - A popular Welshman needed a tune up. Enzo fights on the bill.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down