The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Danny Care? Should he get a recall?

+17
bluestonevedder
charliehesketh
EnglishReign
SuperTanker
humpy
tooboredtowork
Geordie
LondonTiger
IanBru
propdavid_london
formerly known as Sam
MonkeyOwain12
Ozzy3213
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
gregortree
idris
HERSH
21 posters

Go down

Danny Care for England.

Danny Care? Should he get a recall? Vote_lcap34%Danny Care? Should he get a recall? Vote_rcap 34% 
[ 11 ]
Danny Care? Should he get a recall? Vote_lcap66%Danny Care? Should he get a recall? Vote_rcap 66% 
[ 21 ]

Total Votes : 32

Danny Care? Should he get a recall? Empty Danny Care? Should he get a recall?

Post by HERSH Mon 27 Feb 2012, 9:53 am

Should he be drafted back into the team, I know he did wrong and the president has been set by Lancaster, but we need him.

Ben Young’s needs game time for the Saxons or Leicester and some practice passing the ball would help.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Danny Care? Should he get a recall? Empty Re: Danny Care? Should he get a recall?

Post by idris Mon 27 Feb 2012, 10:11 am

What about the other 14 players England need? Where are they coming from?

idris

Back to top Go down

Danny Care? Should he get a recall? Empty Re: Danny Care? Should he get a recall?

Post by HERSH Mon 27 Feb 2012, 10:24 am

Here we go again, one lucky bounce of the ball and a dodgy camera angle and Wales are the greatest team ever, I thought Wales were very negative in all honestly, I was expecting more from them.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Danny Care? Should he get a recall? Empty Idris

Post by gregortree Mon 27 Feb 2012, 10:48 am

Idris is an Islamic prophet mentioned in the Qur'an whom the Qur'an says was exalted by God to a high station in life.Although Idris is, at times, identified with the Biblical Enoch, the true Biblical identity of Idris remains uncertain. But he fell from favour, and as a punishment he was exiled to Wales and condemned to write sh#te on 606v2 for the next 10 years.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 27 Feb 2012, 10:56 am

idris wrote:What about the other 14 players England need? Where are they coming from?

The current team.

Its a big pity for Care he is such a twerp otherwise he wouldve bene given the chance to make himself first choice. Theres no way Lancatse ris going to call him up now, and further humilating and annoying Youngs by sending him home form teh squad is unlikley to get him back to his best any quicker than retaining him.
Care should be back for the summer tour

Im not sure if the way this current side is playing would really suit him anyway. His main weapon has always been his running with the ball in hand and the space covering for that can creat outside him. However the current england set up seems to have pretty much banned half backs from taking the ball forward.
He also got dropped for Youngs in Aus for being the king of crabs and failing to get the backs moving with quick accurate passing, and that was playing with Wilko whos very similar to Farrell in how he stands and operates.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 27 Feb 2012, 10:57 am

No, Danny Care should not play for England during this 6 Nations.

It would send out wholely the wrong message. He needs to serve his penance and play so well for Quins that England decide to offer the olive branch for the summer tour.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by idris Mon 27 Feb 2012, 11:00 am

HERSH wrote:Here we go again, one lucky bounce of the ball and a dodgy camera angle and Wales are the greatest team ever, I thought Wales were very negative in all honestly, I was expecting more from them.

There is a technical term for that, the "English bounce". I wonder where that term came from?

idris

Back to top Go down

Post by MonkeyOwain12 Mon 27 Feb 2012, 11:02 am

It's a real shame as I think Care would be great for England right now, I rate him very highly. I'm sure that he must be in SL's thinking, he's been a div, but he's still a quality player.

I wonder if Simpson will get a go? Youngs needs a game this weekend to try and regain some sort of form...

MonkeyOwain12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Feb 2012, 11:03 am

i dont think he should be re called..

youngs is a very good player out of form, but dickson has really impressed.

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 27 Feb 2012, 11:08 am

Dickson played well but started to make errors just before he came off, he needs that competition from the bench as I'm not sure he has 80 mins of international rugby in him. Dickson has the 9 shirt all wrapped up and it's time for Youngs to be released back to Tigers, he just isn't on the same wave length as the rest of the team and the longer he stays in the squad the lower his confidence is. Replace him with either Care or the other Dickson for the next game unless he has a blinder for Tigers vs Gloucester in between time.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Mon 27 Feb 2012, 11:12 am

Care on the bench for me, a three match ban has proved the point, as a paying customer I want to see the best players England have.

Last edited by HERSH on Mon 27 Feb 2012, 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Mon 27 Feb 2012, 11:13 am

Leave Care where he is with Quins. He needs to do his time and will likely go on the tour. Karl Dickson started infront of Danny in their recent prem game against the cherries and did well.

Lee Dickson did well, its Youngs that needs to be dropped. If we must call someone up then bring in the Saxons 9.
Simpson did well for Wasps when he came on and took 2 good tries in a really naff Wasps performance.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Mon 27 Feb 2012, 11:19 am

Ozzy3213 wrote:No, Danny Care should not play for England during this 6 Nations.

It would send out wholely the wrong message. He needs to serve his penance and play so well for Quins that England decide to offer the olive branch for the summer tour.

Exactly - England's current scrum half troubles don't suddenly make Care's actions any less serious. He broke the law. He shouldn't play for England for a considerable time.

To be honest, I was quite impressed with Lee Dickson, although I think Danny Simpson deserves a shot from the bench.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Mon 27 Feb 2012, 11:25 am

IanBru wrote:
Ozzy3213 wrote:No, Danny Care should not play for England during this 6 Nations.

Exactly - England's current scrum half troubles don't suddenly make Care's actions any less serious. He broke the law. He shouldn't play for England for a considerable time.

To be honest, I was quite impressed with Lee Dickson, although I think Danny Simpson deserves a shot from the bench.

As did Tindall, as did Jason Leonard!

3 games is punishment enough.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 27 Feb 2012, 11:29 am

Lancaster stated he was dropped for the tournament. He has to stay true to his word or else he is paying lip service to the concept of discipline.

It is a shame - but all the players need to know exactly where the line is in the sand.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 27 Feb 2012, 11:36 am

Well I questioned Lancasters approach at the time ( as did the New Zelanders whod dealt with worse incidents form their own players ) but now hes made teh decision it cant be undone without some serious egg on face.
Its not like Care has been demanding inclussion with his own play eitehr for England previously or for his club recently anway.

Nor is dropping Dickson a priority. Nor would it help England to have to go back through the whole meet and great process with yet another half back pairing just when they are finaly getting somewhere.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Mon 27 Feb 2012, 12:20 pm

It's pretty conclusive so far, People want Care back.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 27 Feb 2012, 12:39 pm

No he should not...but its blatantly obvious Youngs is not a happy young fella at the moment. He needs to get back to leicester...and England need to bring another SH in.

Our Bench lost us the game.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 27 Feb 2012, 12:46 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:No he should not...but its blatantly obvious Youngs is not a happy young fella at the moment. He needs to get back to leicester...and England need to bring another SH in.

Our Bench lost us the game.

Complete rubbish. The worst 25 minutes for England was the first 25, and teh inability to turn a yellow card advantage into points didnt exactly help Englands cause either.
England bench came within a natts whisker of scoring their first try from their own play since the world cup.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 27 Feb 2012, 12:52 pm

Erm...rubbish??

Wales came out like a demented banshee. We had our backs to the wall and did well.
Then we started to come out a bit.

But the changes Youngs, Stevens and actually Lawes aswell...had a huge impact.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by tooboredtowork Mon 27 Feb 2012, 12:59 pm

I read it as pretty conclusive that he should serve his time!

tooboredtowork

Back to top Go down

Post by humpy Mon 27 Feb 2012, 1:04 pm

Geordie

Exactly, Stevens gave the penalty and this tied the scores, Youngs was inefffective and should be sent back to leicester for his own good. Lawes had the ball stripped for the for the descive try.

SO THEY DID HAVE A MASSIVE INFLUENCE YES!!!

GeordieFalcon wrote:Erm...rubbish??

Wales came out like a demented banshee. We had our backs to the wall and did well.
Then we started to come out a bit.

But the changes Youngs, Stevens and actually Lawes aswell...had a huge impact.

Last edited by humpy on Mon 27 Feb 2012, 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

humpy

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperTanker Mon 27 Feb 2012, 1:13 pm

Sorry, voted yes but got the context slightly wrong. Care should not be recalled for the 6 nations. The punishment was apt and sends out exactly the right message - recalling him would completely undermine this.

Should Care come back for the summer? Yes, and if he keeps his current form up then he should still be in the running for the starting shirt.

SuperTanker

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Mon 27 Feb 2012, 1:14 pm

The only positive sub was Flood, who added some creativity and urgency in his distribution and quick restart. The others were terrible, although Dowson did OK.

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 27 Feb 2012, 1:19 pm

Exactly, Stevens gave the penalty and this tied the scores, Youngs was inefffective and should be sent back to leicester for his own good. Lawes had the ball stripped for the for the descive try.

Flood's cross field kick and then Flood and Brown combining for the Strettle try that wasn't were also the closest England came to scoring. Dickson also made errors and was begining to fade when he was replaced, he certainly owns the 9 shirt at the moment but he was running on empty when replaced.

Stevens was a waste of space though. No idea how he is an international prop at the moment.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by charliehesketh Mon 27 Feb 2012, 1:42 pm

Really like Danny Care, but he was banned for the 6N for serious matter - drink-driving.

charliehesketh

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 27 Feb 2012, 1:50 pm

Well the training squad for the week has been announced, no changes to the 32.

England have been remarkably injury free so far under Lancaster compared to some of the previous campaigns.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Mon 27 Feb 2012, 1:55 pm

idris wrote:What about the other 14 players England need? Where are they coming from?

Pointless contribution and a pathetic attempt at a WUM. Poor form. England pushed you all the way and you know it. That game could have gone either way and it was a thrilling encounter. Most welsh posters on here have been gracious, it appears you missed the boat. Oh, don't worry, here comes your fail boat.

Back to Care, I'm not sure whether he should get a recall. If he were in the squad, I've no doubt he would be starting, or on the bench at worst. Such a shame he forfeit his chance, but hopefully he'll learn from it in the future! England could really use his pace!

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Mon 27 Feb 2012, 2:01 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:Well the training squad for the week has been announced, no changes to the 32.

England have been remarkably injury free so far under Lancaster compared to some of the previous campaigns.

Is there any word on Farrell's injury? He was hobbling a fair bir when he went off.
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 27 Feb 2012, 2:03 pm

It was just cramp wasnt it

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Mon 27 Feb 2012, 2:04 pm

I read somewhere today that it was us cramp carpe. I personally thought it looked a lot more than that, but hopefully the reports are correct!

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Mon 27 Feb 2012, 2:08 pm

Ah thanks lads. I feared the worst when they showed him over extend his knee after the kick just before he went off.
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Taffy Mon 05 Mar 2012, 1:12 pm

He'll be lucky to ever get a recall if he carries on like this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-17256389

Cardiff Taffy

Back to top Go down

Post by A World Cup and 3 Finals Mon 05 Mar 2012, 1:23 pm

I agree Taffy, no matter how good a SH he can be, we don't need an influence like that in the squad. Out for at least a year I say.

A World Cup and 3 Finals

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 05 Mar 2012, 1:27 pm

Apparently he was on leave and allowed by his club to be out drinking when this happened. When you add to that it was just peepeeing in a doorway when caught short in a taxi it suddenly stops resembling the crimes of the Nazi party.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Mon 05 Mar 2012, 1:28 pm

The guy was just having a wee, it happens to all of us.

At least he was in a Taxi and wasn't driving himself
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Mon 05 Mar 2012, 1:32 pm

Utter non story, and it was in Leeds they expect that there on a night out!

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Taffy Mon 05 Mar 2012, 1:33 pm

If he was outside the hotel then why didn't he just go inside and pee? He's only 25 I'm sure his bladder hasn't packed up just yet!

Cardiff Taffy

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 05 Mar 2012, 1:34 pm

Cardiff Taffy wrote:If he was outside the hotel then why didn't he just go inside and pee? He's only 25 I'm sure his bladder hasn't packed up just yet!

Probably all the drinking he does....

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by charliehesketh Mon 05 Mar 2012, 1:35 pm

Cardiff Taffy wrote:If he was outside the hotel then why didn't he just go inside and pee? He's only 25 I'm sure his bladder hasn't packed up just yet!

It would have made a mess of the carpet Wink

charliehesketh

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Mon 05 Mar 2012, 1:36 pm

Maybe he was drinking green tea, that makes you wee.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 05 Mar 2012, 1:37 pm

At face value, it is a nothing story, but off the back of two recent drink related arrests you would think that he would be staying off the lash and out of the public eye.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 05 Mar 2012, 1:41 pm

You'd think with Youngs out of form...and no stand out individuals putting their hands up for the 9 spot...he would get his head down and graft his backside off....and stay out the media for the wrong reasons...silly boy...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 05 Mar 2012, 1:46 pm

At face value, it is a nothing story, but off the back of two recent drink related arrests you would think that he would be staying off the lash and out of the public eye..

You really would think he'd spend some time at home with the missus and restrict his nights out to dinner and a few drinks. Just until it all blows over or the rugby season ends. I presume he has an agent, why are they or for that matter the club not having a word and telling him to calm it down a bit. Urinating in public isn't a big thing but it'll still get you fined and make you look like a drunkard when it hits the papers. Not the image he needs.

You'd think with Youngs out of form

He certainly wasn't yesterday. His kicking was very good, his passing was pretty good (considering the conditions you might upgrade that a bit) and he was putting players through holes like he does. Great break for his try as well. A remarkable difference to how he interacts with the Tigers forwards and the England forwards!

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Mon 05 Mar 2012, 2:02 pm

Tbh he needs to get back on track for his club first, once he's back to last seasons form then we can discuss England places, at the moment I can't see him being better then Dickson.

As to being home with the missus, he was back in Leeds seeing friends and family, for all we know he may not have been out drinking since the last incident (5 weeks?) ago.

England coaches in the past have had to deal with players like Austin Healy, Guscott, Dean Richards and Ryan, Easter, Haskell, Dallaglio etc all who I imagine are big personalities, at least a few there caused a lot of problems between games and most of them have been in the press for being naughty. As long as they bring it on match day and training before then the coach should be able to work with them.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down