The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JOS BUTTLER? YES OR NO IN ALL FORMATS

+5
Gregers
GG
hodge
mystiroakey
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
9 posters

Go down

JOS BUTTLER? YES OR NO IN ALL FORMATS Empty JOS BUTTLER? YES OR NO IN ALL FORMATS

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 27 Feb 2012, 8:49 pm

ODIs

T20

Maybe a yes for tests?

Obviously hes a better player than these figures suggest and given time hed do better but its pretty abysmal. Even Morgan has outscored him recently.
Bairstow has done enough to continue with but would Buttler get selected again straight away? The two fill similar roles in the side, and would arguably could be the pressure of Keiswetter for the keepers slot.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

JOS BUTTLER? YES OR NO IN ALL FORMATS Empty Re: JOS BUTTLER? YES OR NO IN ALL FORMATS

Post by Guest Mon 27 Feb 2012, 8:49 pm

YES

Back to top Go down

JOS BUTTLER? YES OR NO IN ALL FORMATS Empty Re: JOS BUTTLER? YES OR NO IN ALL FORMATS

Post by mystiroakey Mon 27 Feb 2012, 8:56 pm

lol

i think he needs another shot !!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Mon 27 Feb 2012, 9:04 pm

I definitly think he should play both forms of limited overs cricket in england, however i think he's frst in line for the chop. Depends how he starts off in one day cricket for somerset to be fair

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Mon 27 Feb 2012, 9:04 pm

Tests - Hell no
ODIs - Yes, but not keeping
T20 - same as ODIs

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 27 Feb 2012, 9:18 pm

Looks like hes still the golden boy of the internet then!

Id say yes for T20s for now, but surely not ODIs (except maybe as a squad rotation) till hes proven a case on the international stage. Its hard to see a 50 over side with both him and Bairstow in, and from what theyve done so far in and England shirt theres a clear front runner of the two.

Hes still young, theres time for him to get another shot. I just hope this sharpens him up rather than causing him to wilt and become the new Luke Wright (who was a very fine t20 player domestically)

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Mon 27 Feb 2012, 9:28 pm

Tests - Not yet

ODI's - Yes as keeper

T20 - Definitely yes as keeper

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 27 Feb 2012, 9:52 pm

Not in place of KP then Greggers ? Wink

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Mon 27 Feb 2012, 10:02 pm

Tempting, but thats more Vince!

KP has been great of recent, so I'm liking him a touch more

Mogs on the other hand has been abysmal!

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Mon 27 Feb 2012, 10:09 pm

Gregers wrote:I'm liking him a touch more

Shocked

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by m@tt Mon 27 Feb 2012, 10:55 pm

Buttler is a big talent but he hasn't had a great start to his international career. It's a pity because his form for the Lions was so good and then he got injured. Perhaps the injury has been playing on his mind?

If he's good enough mentally (and many hold him in high regard over his temperament), he'll come back a better player.

He's worth persevering with. It could take just one innings for him to settle into international cricket. Difficult to fit him into the ODI side at the moment though. But with question marks remaining over the entire middle-order, he could get a chance this summer.

So definitely yes to T20 side, definitely yes to ODI squad, definitely no to Tests (the calls for him to be included against Sri Lanka were always ridiculous).
m@tt
m@tt

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Tue 28 Feb 2012, 8:30 am

Not impressed with him so far. He looks nervous and a little out of his depth atm. I would keep him in the T20 side for now, but it's a no for the other formats.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Tue 28 Feb 2012, 12:03 pm

He's a mile off the Test side at the moment. In a year or two , who knows?

Haven't seen him play enough yet to even judge if he'll make a 50 over regular , but I imagine he'll be given a good run in the T20 team in which he will get chances to impress. I certainly wouldn't write him off for a few failures in that format - by the very nature of the ultra short game a batsman is guaranteed to get out cheaply quite often , especially if he comes in at a time when he is expected to hit boundaries from the off ...

... ask me again after he's played another ten matches.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Feb 2012, 2:40 pm

Sometimes, I read an article and I have to refresh my page to double check I'm seeing it right.

This one of them articles.

Give the lad a chance, it's a daunting prospect moving up to international level, he needs to find his way. There's no denying that he's a good player.

He's nowhere near a test place, so I don't know why that's up for discussion.

Let the lad find his way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Tue 28 Feb 2012, 2:52 pm

Sainty,

The maybe a yes to tests was clearly a joke ( although you coudl say he has a better recent record than Morgan)

I also did say that hes clealry a better player than his scores suggest.

But do you not agree that its hard to find a place in the ODI side if Bairstow is to continue, a player who has produced significantly more so far?

There is a spot for him still in the T20 side, but at some point he will have to score some runs if he is to keep that. Its clear the hype surounding him was a bit OTT, he hasnt been the instant success many were prediciting.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Wed 29 Feb 2012, 1:40 pm

For the shorter formats, i would give him and extended run just to see how he goes. He has looked out of his depth so far but that may still be nerves. Worth giving a shot though as he has the ability.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Feb 2012, 4:05 pm

buttler will defo play test cricket, but not for a while yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down