The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ok members here is my 1st fight and some sparring please critise give honest opinions tips etc please

+9
aja424
TRUSSMAN66
Adam D
steven24
Rowley
AlexHuckerby
JabMachineMK2
ShahenshahG
raven45
13 posters

Go down

Ok members here is my 1st fight and some sparring please critise give honest opinions tips etc  please Empty Ok members here is my 1st fight and some sparring please critise give honest opinions tips etc please

Post by raven45 Tue 28 Feb 2012, 9:36 am

raven45 - First full fight:
raven45 - sparring:

Hope these work

raven45

Back to top Go down

Ok members here is my 1st fight and some sparring please critise give honest opinions tips etc  please Empty Re: Ok members here is my 1st fight and some sparring please critise give honest opinions tips etc please

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 28 Feb 2012, 9:45 am

hello mate tell us wha the search terms are or ur username of youtube - then we'll paste em in

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Ok members here is my 1st fight and some sparring please critise give honest opinions tips etc  please Empty Re: Ok members here is my 1st fight and some sparring please critise give honest opinions tips etc please

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 28 Feb 2012, 9:47 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MRTy60tt1k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMrrNJJ5O0I

there u go

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by raven45 Tue 28 Feb 2012, 9:53 am

thanks alot SHA

raven45

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue 28 Feb 2012, 9:53 am

Not bad at all!

The guys here will be able to offer some really invaluable advice so I'm not about to go into much detail, however what I will say is that I was surprised at how quickly your opponent was willing to clinch when you got inside - they don't usually allow that in the amateurs so you had a....not BAD referee, but certainly a very lenient one.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 28 Feb 2012, 9:56 am

You will want to take advice from Jab Machine he can take Matthew Hatton. Wink You knew it was gonna come up!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 28 Feb 2012, 10:02 am

AlexHuckerby wrote:You will want to take advice from Jab Machine he can take Matthew Hatton. Wink You knew it was gonna come up!

Whether it stays up could be quite a different matter though Alex

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 28 Feb 2012, 10:13 am

If that was meant to be a joke I dont quite understand it Rowley...

Just watched it as theres nothing to do in the office right and thought you looked good. Good jab and quick to counter him a few times when his defences were scattered. You look like a natural to be honest so a lot of it will be down to experience and getting good sparring.

Without trying to sound like I'm asking you out, how old are you and what weight class?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by steven24 Tue 28 Feb 2012, 10:29 am

Look decent, the only thing i'd say is work on punching with knuckle part of the glove more, especially with the jab, but you look good, keep at it. I was garbage as an amateur so can't hand much more advice out though Yahoo

steven24

Back to top Go down

Post by raven45 Tue 28 Feb 2012, 10:39 am

AlexHuckerby wrote:If that was meant to be a joke I dont quite understand it Rowley...

Just watched it as theres nothing to do in the office right and thought you looked good. Good jab and quick to counter him a few times when his defences were scattered. You look like a natural to be honest so a lot of it will be down to experience and getting good sparring.

Without trying to sound like I'm asking you out, how old are you and what weight class?

lool 29 my 1st fight was booked 70-72 kilos but i trained so hard i came in at 69kg
my trainer almost wasnt going to let me fight cause i was giving up over 2kilos

my nxt fight i should be be 70kg i reckon

raven45

Back to top Go down

Post by raven45 Tue 28 Feb 2012, 10:42 am

thnx steven24

raven45

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 28 Feb 2012, 10:42 am

I watched the first video first and was initially cheering on the guy in blue/black!

He had terrible technique but looked huge compared to you. It was only after the first round that I realised which one you were and started to pay attention. your technique was so much better than his - well done!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 28 Feb 2012, 10:43 am

Made the same mistake Adam!!!!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by raven45 Tue 28 Feb 2012, 10:55 am

Adam D wrote:I watched the first video first and was initially cheering on the guy in blue/black!

He had terrible technique but looked huge compared to you. It was only after the first round that I realised which one you were and started to pay attention. your technique was so much better than his - well done!

haha yer he was 6.2 im 5.7..........so my trainer and i went through slipping and rolling under a tall persons jab and to keep moving when we got told the opponent was going to be tall........ thing is by the second round my trainer said to me just go straight down the middle because he is not using his range and was throwing big looping shots

raven45

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue 28 Feb 2012, 11:06 am

Haha yeah Matthew Hatton! king

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 28 Feb 2012, 11:11 am

You should listen to Jabmachine...he's sparred with the best!!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue 28 Feb 2012, 11:15 am

boxing

I'm going to spar with Floyd Mayweather next - really put him through his paces.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 28 Feb 2012, 11:15 am

Get more intense sparring - your footwork is cool and you move your head quite quickly - so taller rangier fighters should be quite to your liking - see how you handle someone wanting you on the inside chasing you around the ring. Thanks for sharing that and best of luck.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by raven45 Wed 29 Feb 2012, 7:22 am

thnx guys

raven45

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Fri 02 Mar 2012, 1:03 pm

Is this under the banner of white collar boxing?

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by raven45 Mon 19 Mar 2012, 1:20 pm

huh?

raven45

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Mon 19 Mar 2012, 1:27 pm

At first mate i was watching the tall guy as he seemed pumped up to the max! But his technique was pretty bad and he was getting caught far too much with your right hand. At that point i realised you were in the red. Good footwork and technique. For your first fight, was pretty impressive. Kepe up the good work mate and keep us posted! OK

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Mon 19 Mar 2012, 2:44 pm

Is it under the ABA or white collar boxing?

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by raven45 Wed 21 Mar 2012, 7:38 am

its ABA......
THNX d260005p YER THE GUY HAD THE CROWD PUMPED TOO

raven45

Back to top Go down

Post by oneorthree Wed 21 Mar 2012, 10:27 am

(Im assuming you the guy in red in the fight?)
Good Basics, good movement (lateral and head), decent footwork.

You could do with being more agressive and working your jab more. I think you dont get your jab going much (in either video) as you stand quite square on, then again you seem more of a counter puncher.
For your first fight though, very respectable and you dont look like a novice.
Like i said though, you need toshow more aggression and throw more shots, if i had been in your corner i would have been screaming at you to rights to the body and rights over the top of him when he comes in (the guy in blue was wide open to a right hand all night aqnd didnt seem to have any power in his shots.)

oneorthree

Back to top Go down

Post by raven45 Thu 22 Mar 2012, 8:45 am

thnx oneorthree i like your detailed advice i agree with ur more agression standing..... i am trying to change my counter approach to taller opponents. im sparring at nemesis tomorrow so should be working more on a bit of aggression.......thnx again really appreciate it

raven45

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Thu 22 Mar 2012, 4:43 pm

Can we put this in the career in video section?

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 22 Mar 2012, 5:33 pm

Never mind that Unions still not done Johnny Nelson yet. I want to see 'The Entertainer' in his prime boring the life out of audiences around the World.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down