The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eoin Morgan is this the end?

5 posters

Go down

Eoin Morgan is this the end? Empty Eoin Morgan is this the end?

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:14 pm

No, he has hit a bad run of form.
I fully back him to go to the IPL and prove his worth in limited overs cricket and then come back into county cricket and score runs with Middlesex.
He has had a bad run of games, heck we all do at some point.
I'm gonna say that he will be back in the test squad at the end of next summer
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Eoin Morgan is this the end? Empty Re: Eoin Morgan is this the end?

Post by Mad for Chelsea Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:17 pm

no it isn't. I'm pretty sure though that Flower has been honest with him, told him that right now he wasn't good enough for tests, and told him what he needs to do to be good enough. He'll obviously continue to play an integral part in both limited overs formats.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:10 pm

Well it might be the end for him in Tests . Rather depends on how his replacement(s) perform - if Bopara were to settle in with a run of good scores and show he had become a reliable Test batsman it may be that the next vacancy would be offered to someone new ... but this is just speculation.

I'm sure Morgan will recover his ODI form sooner rather than later and get back to thriving in the limited overs games , which have always appeared to be his strong suit.

Doubt they have decided to close the door on him in Test selection , but I can't see them even considering him while he is so out of nick in all forms of the game. When he's playing well again it will depend on the other candidates as well as Morgan himself.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:22 pm

Its not the end for Mogs but i do feel that he has a very hard job to force his way back into the test side. To me, he has never looked like a proper test player, his whole technique seems more suited to the shorter formats.

Time will tell of course.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:38 pm

I think that though time is on his side(he is only 25), that he may be only abit part player for the test side. As we have a fairly good crop of youngsters all fighting realistically for one spot in the test team at most two, and he's sqwandered his chance.

In ODI and 20/20 England side, i personally think that he should be a mainstay in both teams, he's had a poor tour but his technique makes him an ideal exponent and a dangerous weapon in these forms of the game.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:57 pm

He is a definate starter for the limited over's games. He is a true match winner there.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down