The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Edinburgh HK tickets surpass 20000

+2
ScarletSpiderman
RDW
6 posters

Go down

Edinburgh HK tickets surpass 20000 Empty Edinburgh HK tickets surpass 20000

Post by RDW Thu 01 Mar 2012, 1:36 pm

Edinburgh have just announced that over 20 000 tickets have been sold for the quarter final against Toulouse. Have to say that it is absolutely fantastic news and, considering there is still of month where you can get tickets for only 15 quid, can easily see us aiming for at least 30 000 - which would be fantastic.

Yes the Aviva was sold out straight away but, when you consider our biggest attendance ever was 17000 was for the Celtic cup final (remember that??) it is a massive step forward. Here's hoping we can pick up some league wins before then to give us a bit of momentum on the pitch.

I've just bought 10 myself!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Edinburgh HK tickets surpass 20000 Empty Re: Edinburgh HK tickets surpass 20000

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 01 Mar 2012, 3:21 pm

Fair play that is good to see. Sadly it goes to show the amount of 'fans' that don't turn up on a regular basis.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Thu 01 Mar 2012, 4:06 pm

Its great to see. Hopefully it'll just be the start of things to come. I see that this season Edinburgh has already past last seasons total attendance figures.

profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 01 Mar 2012, 4:16 pm

It's a fair point but a lot of people coming to the game won't be Edinburgh fans - they're supporting Scottish rugby. I know a large number of Glasgow fans are coming through and my Sister and Brother in law are coming down from Aberdeen and my brother up from London just for the game!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperialbigdave Thu 01 Mar 2012, 7:06 pm

Unfortunately im going to ruin it by bringing along some non-rugby folks to try and entice them. Over the past few years this always seems to curse embra or scotland. The last time I did it, I believe a certain team in blue got absolutely pumped by a certain team in black.
Imperialbigdave
Imperialbigdave

Back to top Go down

Post by justified sinner Thu 01 Mar 2012, 8:26 pm

Me too.

Swift check as I left work factoring in the new sections they opened today, (North upper, West upper), all of which have sold well today, looks like about 24k to me and rising.

Can we beat the records for UK HC quarter. Possibly.

Part of this is due to having the French across last week, seemed to love Edinburgh, still some stragglers in my local last night, and loads coming back for the Heino to make a weekend of it.

justified sinner

Back to top Go down

Post by UlstermaninGlasgow Thu 01 Mar 2012, 8:42 pm

I'd put a good bet on that there will be about 27k or more in Murrayfield on the 7th of April... And if Scotland manage to pull of a win against Ireland we could see even more. People will come...

There's a big crowd of the Warrior Nation coming over to support the Edinburgh lads and we can only hope some of you can make it to support us when we face Munster/Ospreys/Leinster in the Rabo semis!
UlstermaninGlasgow
UlstermaninGlasgow

Back to top Go down

Post by justified sinner Thu 01 Mar 2012, 9:04 pm

When you make it through I'll be there. Just don't expect me to get too excited with you're expansive style.

justified sinner

Back to top Go down

Post by justified sinner Thu 01 Mar 2012, 9:57 pm

The French stragglers are still in my local. Impressive performance for a rugby weekend, and they're back for the HC game. Think the pub manager will be happy.

Last edited by justified sinner on Thu 01 Mar 2012, 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

justified sinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperialbigdave Thu 01 Mar 2012, 10:03 pm

UlstermaninGlasgow wrote:I'd put a good bet on that there will be about 27k or more in Murrayfield on the 7th of April... And if Scotland manage to pull of a win against Ireland we could see even more. People will come...

There's a big crowd of the Warrior Nation coming over to support the Edinburgh lads and we can only hope some of you can make it to support us when we face Munster/Ospreys/Leinster in the Rabo semis!

ditch Morrison and start playing some rugby with your centres and ill be there.
Imperialbigdave
Imperialbigdave

Back to top Go down

Post by UlstermaninGlasgow Thu 01 Mar 2012, 10:45 pm

Imperialbigdave wrote:
UlstermaninGlasgow wrote:I'd put a good bet on that there will be about 27k or more in Murrayfield on the 7th of April... And if Scotland manage to pull of a win against Ireland we could see even more. People will come...

ditch Morrison and start playing some rugby with your centres and ill be there.

Now Dave I don't think it's all G-Dogs's fault... Lineen has a pretty conservative gameplan and well it hasn't done us too badly this year... And I seem to remember Graeme having a very good game for Scotland on Sunday!
UlstermaninGlasgow
UlstermaninGlasgow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down