The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friday's Auction - OPENING 9AM

+6
GG
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Mad for Chelsea
JDizzle
Good Golly I'm Olly
Gregers
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Friday's Auction - OPENING 9AM - Page 2 Empty Friday's Auction - OPENING 9AM

Post by Gregers Thu 01 Mar 2012, 11:07 pm

First topic message reminder :

The final day!

ANNOUNCEMENT - THE KENT PLAYERS WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE SOON!

S: Jaques Kallis, AB de Villiers
H: Mitchell Johnson, Dwayne Bravo, Zaheer Khan, Yuvraj Singh, Hamish Amla, Angelo Mathews, Morne Morkel
M: Upul Tharanga, Rohit Sharma, JP Duminy, Brad Haddin, Wayne Parnell, Brad Hodge, Brett Lee, Brad Hogg, Jacob Oram, Murali Vijay, Shakib al Hasan
L: Tatenda Taibu, Parthiv Patel, Travis Birt, Matthew Wade, John Hastings, Morne van Wyk, Loots Bosman, Denesh Ramdin

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Friday's Auction - OPENING 9AM - Page 2 Empty Re: Friday's Auction - OPENING 9AM

Post by GG Fri 02 Mar 2012, 8:59 pm

Rohit Sharma
Yorkshire

GG

Back to top Go down

Friday's Auction - OPENING 9AM - Page 2 Empty Re: Friday's Auction - OPENING 9AM

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri 02 Mar 2012, 8:59 pm

Middlesex
Wade
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Fri 02 Mar 2012, 8:59 pm

Brett Lee
Somerset

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Fri 02 Mar 2012, 8:59 pm

Durham
Wade

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Fri 02 Mar 2012, 9:00 pm

Lee
Worcs

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Fri 02 Mar 2012, 9:00 pm

van Wyk

JD

£75k

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Fri 02 Mar 2012, 9:01 pm

Auction shut

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Fri 02 Mar 2012, 9:02 pm

Gregers wrote:Auction Poopie

ah the effects of a typo + swear-filter
laughing

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 02 Mar 2012, 9:02 pm

Gregers could you give a price for one of my players on the release page?

I got Dwayne Bravo for 300K
and Wayne Parnell for 240K
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Fri 02 Mar 2012, 9:02 pm

Happy with those two.

Mat
6CW Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Fri 02 Mar 2012, 9:02 pm

got Wade who was my sole target for today, excellent Very Happy

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Fri 02 Mar 2012, 9:04 pm

Would like to point something out Gregers, Olly has 535k on his page

Bravo - 300k
Parnell - 240k

so by that basis he didn't have enough to bid for Parnell, as he is trying to use the money from Rouse to do so, but didnt have an release offer for rouse at the time, because of this does his Parnell bid stand?

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri 02 Mar 2012, 9:07 pm

Mad for Chelsea wrote:got Wade who was my sole target for today, excellent Very Happy

Nice late save on the bid post too.

I was in a bit of a quandary, was interested in bidding on him but had read JD's PM with his max price so stayed out of the way until you overbid his limit. Anything over the £135k I bid was going to force me into 3 player releases to finance though, so that was my cap.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Fri 02 Mar 2012, 9:12 pm

I held out as long as possible before posting that Shakib bid because I expected Gregs to come back in for him, in the end he didn't so could focus on my Lee bidding.

Quite happy with my side now, got the quality spinner that I wanted after trading Ajmal(Obviously not the same level, but more than good enough)

Mat
6CW Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Fri 02 Mar 2012, 9:14 pm

Oh and cheers to Gregs and Sainty for running the auctions this week. First time I've been involved with them, really enjoyed it although a little tense and massively frustrating at times!

Mat
6CW Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Fri 02 Mar 2012, 9:18 pm

[quote="Kiwireddevil"]
Mad for Chelsea wrote:got Wade who was my sole target for today, excellent Very Happy

I was in a bit of a quandary, was interested in bidding on him but had read JD's PM with his max price so stayed out of the way until you overbid his limit. Anything over the £135k I bid was going to force me into 3 player releases to finance though, so that was my cap.[/quote

Sorry about that Kiwi, hope I didn't inconvienence you too much. I just didn't know who would be about so I PM'd you, Gregers and Sainty. I got a keeper, which I what I wanted so all is good for me, but sorry if you missed out on Wade on my behalf!

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Fri 02 Mar 2012, 9:20 pm

I wanted Shakib but didn't want to go over 250k!

Olly's offer is fine given that he has asked for a release to pay for it.

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Fri 02 Mar 2012, 9:23 pm

fair enough Gregers just wanted to clarify OK

Wish I hadn't released Compton now as I was planning on using his money on bringing in a second player but got pipped for Lee Doh

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 02 Mar 2012, 9:24 pm

Cheers Gregers, worried for a bit there lol
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Fri 02 Mar 2012, 9:25 pm

The Kent players will be made available on Monday, so anyone with money left over....

Everyone enjoy Auction poopie? Damn typo!

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Fri 02 Mar 2012, 9:25 pm

what is it with teams from Hampshire and spending beyond their means Whistle

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Fri 02 Mar 2012, 9:26 pm

Gregers wrote:The Kent players will be made available on Monday, so anyone with money left over....

Everyone enjoy Auction poopie? Damn typo!

yeah the weeks been good fun, except for as I say releasing Compton if I had known I only needed to say I wanted a price for him but not having confirmed him I wouldn't have released him, ah well, kent players.....

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Fri 02 Mar 2012, 9:27 pm

Comes with the location hodge

On this one occasion if you want to take compton back you can

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri 02 Mar 2012, 9:28 pm

[quote="JDizzle"]
Kiwireddevil wrote:

I was in a bit of a quandary, was interested in bidding on him but had read JD's PM with his max price so stayed out of the way until you overbid his limit. Anything over the £135k I bid was going to force me into 3 player releases to finance though, so that was my cap.[/quote

Sorry about that Kiwi, hope I didn't inconvienence you too much. I just didn't know who would be about so I PM'd you, Gregers and Sainty. I got a keeper, which I what I wanted so all is good for me, but sorry if you missed out on Wade on my behalf!

No worries mate. The £150K that MFC bid was more than I could match anyway. So had I been 30 seconds more patient on the post button on my £135k bid I might have pinched it, but it's only fair that someone who values a player the most can get him.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 02 Mar 2012, 9:29 pm

hodge wrote:what is it with teams from Hampshire and spending beyond their means Whistle

I blame it on the failures of a calculator Whistle
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 02 Mar 2012, 9:31 pm

Cheers for the auctions this week Gregers and Sainty. Been good fun despite me missing out on players on all but one day. Definately keeps you on your toes after 8:55 Very Happy
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 02 Mar 2012, 9:34 pm

My team now is:

1. Graeme Smith - Overseas
2. Jimmy Adams - England
3. James Vince – under 25/England
4. Umar Akmal – Under 25/Wicket Keeper/Overseas
5. Ravi Bopara – England
6. Steve Smith – under 25/Overseas
7. Dwayne Bravo - Overseas
8. Dimitri Mascarenhas - England
9. Wayne Parnell – under 25/Overseas (Sorry Hodge Wink )
10. Danny Briggs – under 25/England
11. Chris Wood – Under 25/England

All subject to change of course
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Fri 02 Mar 2012, 9:38 pm

Well, no activity for me today then. A clever move from GG (I'm guessing he checked my available funds so went for 170 rather than 160) won him Rohit over myself.

That doesn't bother me too much but my problems in finding an U25 quick bowler go on. I've now:

- Somehow not realised that a higher bid had gone in for Hamid Hassan in the excitement of bidding for Kohli Doh

- Been outpriced on Cummins and Parnell Sad

- Just run out of time on James Pattinson furious

Might end up resorting to Chris Jordan from the releases if I can't get a good trade soon Shocked

And thanks very much to Gregers and Sainty for your work this week - much appreciated!

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Fri 02 Mar 2012, 10:03 pm

[quote="Kiwireddevil"]
JDizzle wrote:
Kiwireddevil wrote:

No worries mate. The £150K that MFC bid was more than I could match anyway. So had I been 30 seconds more patient on the post button on my £135k bid I might have pinched it, but it's only fair that someone who values a player the most can get him.

well I had 185k left and Wade was probably the most useful player to me out there, so I figured might as well go with it, squad is set up pretty nicely.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Sat 03 Mar 2012, 9:06 am

[quote="Mad for Chelsea"]
Kiwireddevil wrote:
JDizzle wrote:
Kiwireddevil wrote:

well I had 185k left and Wade was probably the most useful player to me out there, so I figured might as well go with it, squad is set up pretty nicely.

Fair enough. I was interested in him as a u25 who can score fairly quickly as injury cover, not worth breaking the bank over.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Mar 2012, 11:12 am

guys can someone confirm that i signed Brad Hogg and Loots Bosman please?

no one else bidded for them did they...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Mar 2012, 12:02 pm

If no one else did, CF, then they are yours.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Mar 2012, 12:03 pm

thank you, i have confirmed them as i dont think anyone else bidded for them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2