The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A bit late and hardly world news but; Lee McAllister

+4
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Daz
No1Jonesy
KingMonkey
8 posters

Go down

A bit late and hardly world news but; Lee McAllister Empty A bit late and hardly world news but; Lee McAllister

Post by KingMonkey Fri 02 Mar 2012, 8:41 am

I had this fight from last weekend recorded and only got round to watching it yesterday. Seriously; WTF?

The bloke was a disgrace and that interview afterwards just topped it off. Complete loser.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

A bit late and hardly world news but; Lee McAllister Empty Re: A bit late and hardly world news but; Lee McAllister

Post by No1Jonesy Fri 02 Mar 2012, 8:47 am

No idea what ya talking about but thanks for sharing OK

No1Jonesy

Back to top Go down

A bit late and hardly world news but; Lee McAllister Empty Re: A bit late and hardly world news but; Lee McAllister

Post by Daz Fri 02 Mar 2012, 9:17 am

I only watched it last night also mate. Ridiculous interview afterwards. Not sure what he was smiling about throughout the fight. He was getting battered. No fighting spirit either, my arm hurt when i punched him so I quit. Didnt even switch tactics or anything.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 02 Mar 2012, 9:17 am

Think the fact he quit on his stool citing a hand injury even though he basically lost every round and was being spanked everywhere?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Fri 02 Mar 2012, 9:19 am

The bloke was talking about free holidays to Russia and working for Sky! To think he packed that place out and then served up that tripe is just unreal. He looked like me trying to box in there such was the lack of foot movement, in fact I reckon I move better than that. Still, his hand hurt...

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Fri 02 Mar 2012, 9:22 am

Saying that he wanted a sky pundit job was laughable and extremely cringeworthy. Can't believe I wasted my time watching that garbage.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 02 Mar 2012, 9:47 am

Agree wholeheartedly that it was a very disappointing display from McAllister in all senses. Granted, he was in there with a very considerable fighter who looks like on eof the better European champions. But after two or three rounds, McAllister just seemed happy to muck about, make no effort to in and pick up a payday, safe in the knowledge that he'd be able to con the partizan crowd with an excuse about an injury afterwards.

Poor in the ring, poor out of it, too.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 02 Mar 2012, 9:50 am

What is extremely disappointing is if you look at McAllister's record on boxrec is nearly every fight he has is for some title or other. Had never really noticed it before but a friend who is a pro pointed it out to me and whilst a lot of them are of the bauble variety the title opportunities he has had win lose or draw is staggering, to turn in a performance like this when he has had such opportunities is a poor show.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri 02 Mar 2012, 10:01 am

Agree Rowley, the likes of Gilmour wasn't happy at all and no wonder with the amount of time and effort that has gone in to securing decent fights and promoting him in his own city. Time for McAllister to hang them up unless he can find a new attitude.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri 02 Mar 2012, 10:22 am

Not much to add but given the support and turnout people gave him he really didnt do anything to justify it. Seemed to treat the whole thing as a bit of a laugh and feel that he was entitled to a rematch. He seemed a bit oblivious to the general air of disappointment and seemed to be more focused on getting a job as a pundit than winning the fight!

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down