The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strange Goings On In Dubai

+10
invisiblecoolers
Lightbreeze
laverfan
amritia3ee
Tenez
JuliusHMarx
bogbrush
Josiah Maiestas
socal1976
Henman Bill
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Strange Goings On In Dubai - Page 2 Empty Strange Goings On In Dubai

Post by Henman Bill Sat 03 Mar 2012, 5:09 pm

First topic message reminder :

I've been watching some of the matches in Dubai this week. It's clear that there is now a totally new phenomemen in tennis that I haven't seen before. I noticed it quite a few times. Some players were actually moving forward and hitting the ball before it bounced. Is that even allowed? It seems to me real unfair because they just smash away a winning shot and don't let their opponent play any more shots? Some players were so cheeky that once or twice they did it on the first shot! I thought the idea of the game was to keep trying to miss that net and the first person to fail loses the point. Just smashing away the ball before it bounces is poor sportsmanship that doesn't give the opponent a fair opportunity to keep trying to miss the net. Quite often these players were actually crossing that line in the middle of the court! Aren't they breaking some rules here? I thought the point of that line was that you're not allowed over it, that's always how it seems anyway. I'm a bit worried that these guys are putting themselves in danger by going near the net. They might trip themselves up.

The other thing that concerns me is the matches are so short. At one stage I went to the kitchen and made myself a sandwich then my ma called me then I did a jigsaw and when I came back I was gutted to find I missed three whole points! One set lasted under a hour! This can't be sensible. We all know that everyone has loads of time to waste these days. The punters will be deserting in their droves to watch cricket instead. Something has to be done to stop this. Perhaps a minimum of 40 seconds between points before this gets out of control.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Strange Goings On In Dubai - Page 2 Empty Re: Strange Goings On In Dubai

Post by Lightbreeze Tue 06 Mar 2012, 7:28 pm

Obviously the top 2 benefit from the lesser lights going for broke from the outset. But it's not about fitness, it's about the slow conditions favouring Nadal & Djokovic's style of play.

Would you try and play Nadal/Djokovic at their own percentage game ? Or go for broke ?

Lightbreeze

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2