The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern League - Week 1 - Match 3 - Nottinghamshire Outlaws vs Warwickshire Bears

4 posters

Go down

Northern League - Week 1 - Match 3 - Nottinghamshire Outlaws vs Warwickshire Bears Empty Northern League - Week 1 - Match 3 - Nottinghamshire Outlaws vs Warwickshire Bears

Post by Gregers Tue 06 Mar 2012, 8:40 pm

Welcome to Trent Bridge!

Nottinghamshire Outlaws vs Warwickshire Bears

Pitch Conditions:

Gloomy skies and a green top makes this a great pitch to start the season off for these two teams on. Swing bowlers will love this pitch and batsman should relish the difficulties that the swing bowlers will provide. The toss could be key as the clouds should clear as the match progresses making batting a touch easier.

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Northern League - Week 1 - Match 3 - Nottinghamshire Outlaws vs Warwickshire Bears Empty Re: Northern League - Week 1 - Match 3 - Nottinghamshire Outlaws vs Warwickshire Bears

Post by JDizzle Tue 06 Mar 2012, 8:42 pm

Standard Trent Bridge conditions. Can't wait to get started!

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Northern League - Week 1 - Match 3 - Nottinghamshire Outlaws vs Warwickshire Bears Empty Re: Northern League - Week 1 - Match 3 - Nottinghamshire Outlaws vs Warwickshire Bears

Post by JDizzle Fri 09 Mar 2012, 8:28 pm

Nottinghamshire Outlaws XI Vs. Warwickshire Bears

Due to the conditions changing as the game goes on, I will post two batting line ups depending on the outcome of the toss.

Bat first

Alex Hales - U25
Akinjya Rahane - U25 - O
James Taylor - U25
David Warner - U25 - O
Morne Van Wyk - O - WK
David Hussey - O
Andre Adams
Stuart Broad - U25
Graeme Swann - Captain
Luke Fletcher - U25
Lasith Malinga - O

Bowl First

Alex Hales - U25
David Warner - U25 - O
Akinjya Rahane - U25 - O
James Taylor - U25
Morne Van Wyk - O - WK
David Hussey - O
Stuart Broad - U25
Andre Adams
Graeme Swann - Captain
Luke Fletcher - U25
Lasith Malinga - O

Toss: If I win the toss, I will bowl first and make use of the overcast conditions.

Batting: I have two batting line ups, depending on whether I win the toss or not. If I win the toss then I will bowl first and my batting line up will open with two destructive hitters of a cricket ball in Hales and Warner who will attempt to put a big dent in the total I am chasing early and quickly. If one of them falls quickly, I have the technically adept Rahane to come in at number 3 who has scored runs in English conditions for India in T20's and has the technique to deal with the moving ball. Then I have James Taylor who will push the ball into gaps and pressure the fielders into errors. Then I have Morne Van Wyk, who has a fantastic T20 record in batting, and the experienced David Hussey to come in and close the game out for me. If it comes to it, my lower order of Adams, Broad and Swann are all competent enough with the bat to get me over the line.

If I lose the toss and bat first, Rahane will open with Hales (who is used to the swiniging conditions at the Bridge) and will use his more classical openers technique to see off the new ball and with Taylor at 3 who serves the same purpose, will set a stable platform for Warner, Van Wyk, Hussey et al. to blast me up to a winning score.

Bowling: Samit Patel misses out for this game due to me going with the extra pace bowler in Fletcher to make use of the swinging conditions. I will open with Fletcher and Malinga. Malinga will bowl two overs before coming off to be replaced by Broad, whilst Fletcher will bowl out. This trio, along with the vastly experienced Andre Adams will make great use of the swinging conditions to put a dent in the Bears line up and almost put the game beyond doubt. Then I have the spin of Graeme Swann to tie the Bears down in the middle overs and build the pressure even more, before Broad and Malinga return at the death with their contrasting styles to finish the innings off. Malinga's yorkers and slower balls, combined with Broad's hostile pace and slower ball bouncers will provide variation at the death and cause the batsmen all sorts of issues. And if any of my bowlers receive some clatter, I have David Hussey to turn to who is an experienced campaigner with the ball and can definitely do a job in keeping the run rate down.

Malinga - 1, 3, 18, 20
Fletcher - 2, 4, 6, 8
Broad - 5, 7, 17, 19
Adams - 10, 12, 14, 16
Swann - 9, 11, 13, 15
Hussey - Floating.

Last edited by JDizzle on Fri 09 Mar 2012, 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Insertion of captain, wicketkeeper, U25's and overseas.)

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 09 Mar 2012, 9:54 pm

Warwickshire Bears XI

Hughes - O/U25
Barker - U25
Trott
Taylor - O
Carter - Captain
Johnson - U25 - WK
Miller - U25
Rankin
Vaas - O
Ajmal - O
Mendis - O

Toss: If win bowl 1st

Batting:

Hughes: A steady opener to keep the innings ticking over even if people fall around him
Barker: Will take on the opening bowlers and go off at a fast pace
Trott: Depending on partner then he will either keep the innings going along or quicken the run rate
Taylor: Just go out play your natural game attack the bowlers especially swann as your a top player of spin
Carter: look for the gaps in the field and attack the death bowlers if still about as their known for a stray ball
Lower Order - Just continue to pile the runs on but don't go for absurd shots or stupid run outs

Bowlers
Miller - bowl at their feet and watch for them coming down the pitch so play the slower ball at times
Rankin - Make the batsmen uncomfortable aim towards them to stop them opening up mix it up with swing and pace
Vaas - Bowl utilizing the swing of the pitch and cramp the batmen up
Ajmal - The pitch should assist your bowling try to alternate by flighting the ball or the occasional leg spinner, bowl around the wicket to left handers
Mendis - Bowl a natural length try and sucker the batsman in
Carter- Swing the ball about with the occasional yorker/head height ball

Approx overs
Carter - 1/3/5/16
Rankin - 2/4/6
Barker - 7/10
Vaas - 8//15/18/20
Ajmal 9/11/13/17
Mendis 10/12/14/19

Last edited by fernando on Sat 10 Mar 2012, 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Fri 09 Mar 2012, 10:51 pm

nando your tail batting order is all wrong (if you don't mind me saying so), I mean Mendis at 8 and Vaas at 11? Shocked

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 10 Mar 2012, 2:05 pm

oops duly noted and changed

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down