The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will Tommy Bowe get the 6Ns try record?

+7
ChequeredJersey
eirebilly
nobbled
Standulstermen
Shane_Williams
Cardiff Taffy
Portnoy
11 posters

Go down

Will Tommy Bowe get the 6Ns try record? Empty Will Tommy Bowe get the 6Ns try record?

Post by Portnoy Wed 07 Mar 2012, 1:16 pm

Three games down, three tries to go.

Will Cari wet her knickers?
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Will Tommy Bowe get the 6Ns try record? Empty Re: Will Tommy Bowe get the 6Ns try record?

Post by Cardiff Taffy Wed 07 Mar 2012, 1:21 pm

Who holds it at the moment? BOD?

Cardiff Taffy

Back to top Go down

Will Tommy Bowe get the 6Ns try record? Empty Re: Will Tommy Bowe get the 6Ns try record?

Post by Shane_Williams Wed 07 Mar 2012, 1:32 pm

BOD has got the most tries in the history of the 6N's and the most in one given tournament is 6, Ashton, Shane Williams, and Greenwood. (this is off th top of my head so sorry if inaccurate)

Last edited by Shane_Williams on Wed 07 Mar 2012, 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Shane_Williams

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Wed 07 Mar 2012, 1:33 pm

i thought they said 6 trys was the record on sunday there. Heres hoping he gets a couple against Scotland and England

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Wed 07 Mar 2012, 1:37 pm

Chris Ashton will get 5 against France, and probably 3 or 4 against Ireland.

Yahoo

Look - don't mess with the fantasy. We know about the reality. Leave me alone.
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Wed 07 Mar 2012, 1:37 pm

Isnt 7 try's the record?
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Wed 07 Mar 2012, 2:26 pm

I thought that Splash and L'il Shane held it jointly on 6.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed 07 Mar 2012, 2:30 pm

Seeing as he seems to be able to score tries without playing anywhere near his best and could have had another last game, I think he'll do it.
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by doctornickolas Wed 07 Mar 2012, 2:38 pm

A strange 6 nations for Bowe really.

I don't think he has done much at all in the 3 games so far ......other than of course, score tries, which at the end of the day is his job.

doctornickolas

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 07 Mar 2012, 2:55 pm

doctornickolas wrote:A strange 6 nations for Bowe really.

I don't think he has done much at all in the 3 games so far ......other than of course, score tries, which at the end of the day is his job.

To be fair, Bowe does have an annoying tendancy (especially for non-irsh/ospreys fans) of not really doing to much yet getting his name on the score sheet. I ain't too sure if there is a term for players like that in rugby (I can only think of goal poacher in football), but over he has a real tendancy to be one of those.

Fair play to him though, I believe he is the top try scorer in ML/Rabo history, and unless something goes totally to pot he is looking like he will be getting another accolade to go with that.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 07 Mar 2012, 3:01 pm

Not sure I totally agree with that assessment. Bowe is a fantastic finisher as his record suggests but he also has a very good work rate and is a very good creator of tries for others.

He's not the fastest or best at beating defenders but what he does better than most is hit the line at pace and pick unstoppable lines.

He hasn't hit top form yet but he does have the knack of scoring important tries even if other parts of his game aren't functioning.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by stlowe Wed 07 Mar 2012, 3:03 pm

eirebilly wrote:Isnt 7 try's the record?

It's 6 tries for the 6N, jointly held by Greenwood, Williams & Ashton.

For the historical tournament however, Cyril Lowe (Eng) & Ian Smith (Sco) jointly hold it with 8 in what was the 5N.

stlowe

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed 07 Mar 2012, 3:07 pm

roddersm wrote:Not sure I totally agree with that assessment. Bowe is a fantastic finisher as his record suggests but he also has a very good work rate and is a very good creator of tries for others.

He's not the fastest or best at beating defenders but what he does better than most is hit the line at pace and pick unstoppable lines.

He hasn't hit top form yet but he does have the knack of scoring important tries even if other parts of his game aren't functioning.

His assist against Wales was also nicely done.
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 07 Mar 2012, 3:12 pm

Rodders - I was thinking more along the lines of how many of his tries have been interceptions. But like I said you can't really fault his record.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane_Williams Wed 07 Mar 2012, 3:27 pm

Standulstermen wrote:i thought they said 6 trys was the record on sunday there. Heres hoping he gets a couple against Scotland and England
yep, my bad, edited it to 6.

Portnoy,
I'm pretty sure Greenwood got 6 too

Shane_Williams

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down