The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homefront

+2
Holymiky
Perfect Jack
6 posters

Go down

Homefront Empty Homefront

Post by Perfect Jack Sun 27 Mar 2011, 3:58 pm

Got this yesterday at Gamestation for £40.

Initial thoughts so far;

Single campaign is decent so far. The guns so far are fun particularly the sniper rifles.

Multi-player wise i think it's very good. The battle points system is good and certain kill-streaks only work on certain maps. To be honest, there not even kill-streaks. You get battle points in game from assists, kills, capturing and defending flag points. On larger maps you can use your BP to get into a tank and reek havoc on the enemy team which I have done and I've got to say, it is really fun rolling around in a tank.

Perfect Jack

Back to top Go down

Homefront Empty Re: Homefront

Post by Holymiky Mon 28 Mar 2011, 9:14 am

I've watched some footage on this game and i can just see it uses the same engines and type of running etc that games like BFBC, Killzone and Crysis use.

This does not spoil it for me though, it does look good but i just don't think i would play it much which is why i probably won't buy it at the moment at least.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon 28 Mar 2011, 10:19 am

I don't think I'll end up buying it, to be honest. I've read that the single-player campaign is very short and that's where I draw most of my enjoyment from games.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by AquaArab Mon 28 Mar 2011, 10:42 am

Single player game is really short and ends very suddenly, I completed it in two sittings, probably took about five to complete, if that. The game it's self is nothing special but there are some nice levels which add a different angle to the standard run and shoot formula of first person shooters, the helicopter level springs to mind.
Online is half decent, good size teams and large maps. The main problems on line for me are most people pick sniper class and just camp for most of the game. Plus there has been a couple of times that I have had somebody in the middle of sights and shot them but my bullets do not even hit them, then the next person I will fire off a random shot, no place near them and get a one shot kill.
All in all not a bad game but not a patch on the call of duty franchise or the new Medal of honour game.

AquaArab

Back to top Go down

Post by Perfect Jack Mon 28 Mar 2011, 11:33 pm

AquaArab, the hit detection box i think does need to be made bigger and I think they did that in the patch they released because if someone hid behind a sank band with their head out even the most accurate snipers can't get a headshot.

Also, quick scoping is back Very Happy

Perfect Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by AquaArab Tue 29 Mar 2011, 11:53 am

I'll keep pluging away with it if the new patch has fixed it then. It's a good change from COD, it'll keep me going untill battlefield 3 comes out later in the year.

AquaArab

Back to top Go down

Post by killer-boosh Wed 04 May 2011, 5:19 pm

the massive problem i had with it was the fact t yo could not shot through big gaps in the senery, it would hit nothing and you would have to move to get a good shot in again, poor game really

killer-boosh

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed 04 May 2011, 7:41 pm

Shame to hear the single player being so short.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum