The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Mod Needed for the Tennis Section

+2
Green
yummymummy
6 posters

Go down

New Mod Needed for the Tennis Section Empty New Mod Needed for the Tennis Section

Post by Guest Sun 27 Mar 2011, 9:18 pm

Hi guys

As the tennis section is picking up real pace and becoming very busy, we now need a new Mod for the section.
The role of the Mod is to:

Merge Threads
Lock threads
Removing and editing comments that are offensive or insulting to other users.
Reporting members to the admin team for banning if things get out of hand (although you can all do that).

The Mod should still be considered to be regular poster who will only get involved if threads breach the above in order to keep the board running smoothly.

If you would like the role, please put you name forward on this thread and we can take the matter further.

Cheers
Y I Man

Last edited by Y I Man on Sat 02 Apr 2011, 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

New Mod Needed for the Tennis Section Empty Re: New Mod Needed for the Tennis Section

Post by yummymummy Sun 27 Mar 2011, 9:28 pm

I vote for Wooffie !!!

She is the epitome of knowledge. I only reply to various
threads as a lot of us do .

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

New Mod Needed for the Tennis Section Empty Re: New Mod Needed for the Tennis Section

Post by yummymummy Sun 27 Mar 2011, 9:33 pm

It seems a giormous task for just one person YI

Could you not *parcel* different aspects of the Mod rule to
different peeps who would be constantly on the alert for
Wums/Rude Language/Idiotic threads/Wum remarks etc.,

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Sun 27 Mar 2011, 9:35 pm

I have an affinity with tracking down Wums Whistle

I would also delete bad language at a stroke !
Having survived 2 years of 666 I can spot a "Wum"
2 miles away ,

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Mar 2011, 9:39 pm

As an Admin team, we always read the posts and threads. Also Sol has been doing a fantastic job. But as sections grow its good to have 'in house' mods who know the posters and potential trouble makers.

It doesnt create much additional work, but as a member of the section who reads most posts anyways, it just gives that individual the ability to instantly edit or delete posts that break the rules when they come across them.

Last edited by Y I Man on Sun 27 Mar 2011, 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Sun 27 Mar 2011, 9:42 pm

I volunteer YI

I am at your disposal Erm

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Sun 27 Mar 2011, 9:45 pm

Yummy - the Moderator !!! I like the sound of that! Very Happy

Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Sun 27 Mar 2011, 10:01 pm

Yummy or Wooffie... all the same to me, I'm on good terms with both of them! Whistle

Not sure if the tennis section really needs a moderator, though. Or have I missed something? Erm

Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Mar 2011, 10:09 pm

Hiya Green

Tennis is the 3rd busiest section in sport behind boxing and golf.
It would be a massive help to have another in house mod to keep an eye on things. With 606 closing in a month it will pick up even more.

Its not that we need a mod because of objectional posts or abuse flying around, its just because of how busy the section is getting.

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Mon 28 Mar 2011, 5:19 pm

"We work work work work work work all the whole day through"

:yawn:

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by MTS1 Tue 29 Mar 2011, 7:24 pm

Good luck to who the tennis mod may be. I'd love to do it but just can't committ to being on the forum as much as you'd need to. Work comes first Doh but if I ever become a lottery millionaire then I'm the (wo)man for the job 🍺 Cheers,

MTS1

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Tue 29 Mar 2011, 9:41 pm

Hello ... I'd like to tip my hat in as a volunteer. Smile
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Tue 29 Mar 2011, 10:01 pm

A question for the administrators:

Is there a way for the first post on a thread (or the article, as we like to call it) appear at the beginning of every next page, not just the first one?

Perhaps both Wooffie and Yummy can be moderators, so that at least one of them is around most of the time.
And... It would be convenient if someone else could update my article with new results when I'm not around Very Happy !

Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Tue 29 Mar 2011, 10:31 pm

Wooffie wrote:Hello ... I'd like to tip my hat in as a volunteer. Smile

Thanks Woofie....I've alerted the Admin guys of your offer : )

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Tue 29 Mar 2011, 10:42 pm

Green wrote:A question for the administrators:

Is there a way for the first post on a thread (or the article, as we like to call it) appear at the beginning of every next page, not just the first one?

Perhaps both Wooffie and Yummy can be moderators, so that at least one of them is around most of the time.
And... It would be convenient if someone else could update my article with new results when I'm not around Very Happy !

Thanks Green......I've told the Admin guys about your suggestions : )

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealth Maestro Agro Love Wed 30 Mar 2011, 10:39 pm

Oh goodie. Can the new mod also update my table when I'm not around?

Ok!

Stealth Maestro Agro Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Apr 2011, 11:06 pm

Good day fellow colloquium members, having thought about it long and hard, well, not too hard maybe, I would like to proffer my name as a candidate for the position as a Mode'a'rater on the loquacious boards of the Tennis symposium.

Or

Can I be a mod please thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Fri 01 Apr 2011, 11:15 pm

It's been three days since I asked this:

Green wrote:A question for the administrators:

How much longer will I have to wait for an answer?

PS. I vote for Jubbahey to be a moderator also - the more the merrier! Very Happy

Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Apr 2011, 12:29 am

I've just figured out what you meant Green and yes, that would be a nice addition, instead of having to go back and forth between 1st and last posting page to read the OA's comment.

Not sure if the websites (phpBB) engine could do that, this is one for the admins, Hero maybe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Apr 2011, 6:54 am

Hiya Green

Sorry we havent come back to you quicker, but as you can appreciate this feature wouldnt just happen on the tennis section, but it would affect the whole board and is something we are still discussing.

Just to let you know there is a section in the welcome part of the forum https://www.606v2.com/t29-alert-moderator-thread
If you have any issues or ideas about the site, pop them in there as the comments are flagged straight to the Admin team.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down