The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

can people stop putting the score in the thread title. grrrrrr!

+4
Biltong
Cymroglan
red_stag
Jenifer McLadyboy
8 posters

Go down

can people stop putting the score in the thread title. grrrrrr! Empty can people stop putting the score in the thread title. grrrrrr!

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Sat 10 Mar 2012, 2:27 pm

As. Bit of a tahs fan I was looking forward to watching the game later. Obviously not enough of a tahs fan to get up at 6 am on a Saturday.

This has happened to me several times on this forum.

Surely you can expect to be able to browse the club rugby page without learning the score of every game.
Fair enough if you go onto the game thread you cannot expect to remain oblivious.

Just DON'T PUT IT IN THE FECKEN TITLE!

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

can people stop putting the score in the thread title. grrrrrr! Empty Re: can people stop putting the score in the thread title. grrrrrr!

Post by Guest Sat 10 Mar 2012, 5:07 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:As. Bit of a tahs fan I was looking forward to watching the game later. Obviously not enough of a tahs fan to get up at 6 am on a Saturday.

This has happened to me several times on this forum.

Surely you can expect to be able to browse the club rugby page without learning the score of every game.
Fair enough if you go onto the game thread you cannot expect to remain oblivious.

Just DON'T PUT IT IN THE FECKEN TITLE!

Surely it's more common sense to stay off the Internet otherwise you're bound to find out. If I didn't want to find a score, then I'd stay offline.

Back to top Go down

can people stop putting the score in the thread title. grrrrrr! Empty Re: can people stop putting the score in the thread title. grrrrrr!

Post by red_stag Sat 10 Mar 2012, 6:35 pm

I agree with the O.P.

Why put the score in the title. You may want to come online to discuss some match but not another.

Yes you may still find out but lets minimise the chances of it.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 10 Mar 2012, 6:51 pm

Watch the match first then come online that's what I would do.
If somebody goes onto a rugby forum expecting not to find out the score then they are being extremely naive.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Sat 10 Mar 2012, 6:57 pm

Cymro, it costs people nothing to do.

Its like how you want everyone to say "the Blues" instead of "Cardiff". It makes no difference for us to do it or not do it except one potentially annoys people.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 10 Mar 2012, 7:14 pm

red_stag wrote:Cymro, it costs people nothing to do.

Its like how you want everyone to say "the Blues" instead of "Cardiff". It makes no difference for us to do it or not do it except one potentially annoys people.

No it cost nothing to do and it's not something I have done,
But if you go onto a rugby forum expecting not to find out score then you can only blame yourself if you do.
Rather than tell members not to post the scores would it not be far simpler to avoid rugby forums that way you have a very good chance of not finding out what the score is.

I do find it strange that people would use this sort of forum just to annoy people it's certainly not in my nature to do that

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 10 Mar 2012, 7:17 pm

There was an issue with this during the RWC as well, and it was announced that posters should have the common courtesy not to put scores in their titles.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 10 Mar 2012, 7:19 pm

Only during the world cup and that was made clear by the site admin.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 10 Mar 2012, 7:25 pm

Cymro, the opinion was then and should be now that a poster may want to roam the forum for other threads, and will refrain from going onto a match thread or report of a game he has recorded and wanted to watch later.

It should be common sense not to put the score or result in plain view.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 10 Mar 2012, 7:30 pm

biltongbek Like I said before I do not put the scores up.
But to me common sense would be avoiding the Internet especially sites that report on rugby or chat about rugby in general.
This is a rugby forum people come on here to talk about rugby so if I had recorded a match and came on here first I can only blame myself if I accidentally found out the score.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 10 Mar 2012, 7:56 pm

Cymro I understand your point of view. but last year it was discussed to the point that those that were complaining said they didn't get time to watch all the matches before they came on here. so they want to discuss a match they have seen whilst at work for example and then when they get home watch the recorded game to discuss at a later stage.

that is why it was agreed.

I'll give you an example. I had to watch 2 six nations matches and two super XV matches which all aired at the same time.

NOw I chose to watch the six nations matches live so I could discuss them whilst the matches are going. I still have to watch the two super rugby matches.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Sat 10 Mar 2012, 8:07 pm

Why would anyone need to put the score in the thread title?

Why would it be a problem to do it?

I really cant understand how this is a talking point and people dont just agree to it?
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 10 Mar 2012, 8:10 pm

Who's disagreeing with it ? I for one have said I do not put the scores up or intend putting the scores up.
What I have said though is that going on a rugby forum is not the wisest thing to do if you wish to avoid finding out the score.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Mar 2012, 8:17 pm

red_stag wrote:Why would anyone need to put the score in the thread title?

I really cant understand how this is a talking point and people dont just agree to it?

What's so important to discuss before you've watched a game? The OP says they're a fan as well, so just watch the game. An even better idea would be to set up a discussion thread pre game, so it eliminated the likelihood of having another thread with scores.

Who's to say on another thread somebody doesn't accidentally let slip of the score, for example if a conversation on today's Wales game went a bit off topic. All I'm saying is I'd stay offline till I watched the game to make sure I didn't see the result. I think it's a bit much to tell people how to post (on matters like this)

Get the Admins to change the rules otherwise, so they can take such threads down.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Mar 2012, 9:35 pm

red_stag wrote:Why would anyone need to put the score in the thread title?

Quite. This is common sense. Therefore it is likely everyone will disagree Laugh

I'm reminded of that Likely Lads Episode when they don't want to find out the score of the England football game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Sat 10 Mar 2012, 11:12 pm

Risca Rev wrote:
Surely it's more common sense to stay off the Internet otherwise you're bound to find out. If I didn't want to find a score, then I'd stay offline.
That would mean staying off the internet from Friday until Thursday. I might get a few hours on a Thursday night. Rolling Eyes
That seems like a much better solution. Why didn't I think of that sooner.

Or people could, you know, keep the score INSIDE the thread.

No on second thoughts that would be a massive hardship. Imagine not having the score in the thread title. Crazy stuff. Rolling Eyes

Sorry for being so unreasonable.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 10 Mar 2012, 11:26 pm

I know what you are asking and I agree with it but unless you live in a extremely remote place and have friends who cant stand rugby it must me rather difficult to avoid the score for six days.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Sat 10 Mar 2012, 11:41 pm

Cymroglan wrote:I know what you are asking and I agree with it but unless you live in a extremely remote place and have friends who cant stand rugby it must me rather difficult to avoid the score for six days.

You can easily avoid the score of the Super 15 or Top 14. Even the Premiership in England would never be reported on over here. Most people I know who watch rugby would not bother with any of those comps. 6N, Rabo and HC. fair enough. (Speaking from an exclusively Irish perspective of course)

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Sun 11 Mar 2012, 5:19 pm

I with the Ladyboy Wink (never thought I'd say that in my lifetime!). Please don't post the scores in the title. Due to the time difference here I usually record most of the Aus & NZ S15 games and watch them as I exercise during the week, unless there is a particular game I'm really looking forward to.

Same with today's Saints Scarlets game. Due to the other rugby it's not being shown until tonight but thankfully the thread title is neutral.

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun 11 Mar 2012, 5:22 pm

You may well agree with him but the day after he posted that he does this.
https://www.606v2.com/t25669-munster-just-lost-to-aironi-wtf

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 11 Mar 2012, 5:22 pm

It doesn't help though that Jenifer McLadyboy put the result in a title either.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 11 Mar 2012, 5:23 pm

Cymroglan wrote:You may well agree with him but the day after he posted that he does this.
https://www.606v2.com/t25669-munster-just-lost-to-aironi-wtf
Laugh
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMuff Sun 11 Mar 2012, 5:26 pm

This poster has just lost all credibility... Gets up on his high horse and then does the complete opposite.

BlueMuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Sun 11 Mar 2012, 5:35 pm

BlueMuff wrote:This poster has just lost all credibility... Gets up on his high horse and then does the complete opposite.
Laugh

Classic one there ok. It was a measure of just how shocked I was.
Sorry

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sun 11 Mar 2012, 5:52 pm

laughing

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Sun 11 Mar 2012, 6:06 pm

You plonker Rolling Eyes. At least you apologised.

Perhaps he/she was having hormone issues Wink.

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by Submachine Mon 12 Mar 2012, 12:11 pm

Could you not have pretended you were hacked? There is a time and place for honesty and this was not it.

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon 12 Mar 2012, 12:21 pm

Submachine wrote:Could you not have pretended you were hacked? There is a time and place for honesty and this was not it.
Laugh
I have no problem with admitting I am a feckin eejit when it's true.

I have noticed that not everyone is the same though. Wink

I was genuinely in a state of shock upon learning the result. Logical thought escaped me. At the time the irony did not register (obviously)

It was a Doh moment

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMuff Mon 12 Mar 2012, 1:11 pm

I had a bit of a moment myself seriuosly annoyed at the result and took it out on this post - apologies

BlueMuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon 12 Mar 2012, 1:17 pm

BlueMuff wrote:I had a bit of a moment myself seriuosly annoyed at the result and took it out on this post - apologies
No worries mate. You were harsh but fair.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Mon 12 Mar 2012, 5:49 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:It was a Doh moment
We all have those. Must be honest that when I read the Munster thread title (before I even posted on this thread in favour of your argument) my first thought wasn't that someone has put a score in the title again but more christ, that's a surprising result Erm.

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down