The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peak Performance Golf Swing

2 posters

Go down

Peak Performance Golf Swing Empty Peak Performance Golf Swing

Post by SetupDeterminesTheMotion Mon 28 Mar 2011, 3:21 pm

Last year I followed a link to the peakperformancegolfswing.com website, where Don Trahan (DJ's dad) gave some insight into pain free golf.
I followed this most of last year & now I don't have a sore back from playing. The main concept of the swing was to get you on a more upright swing plane.

Old Don had some serious health issues, and has now been replaced.

Paul from Bear's Best, Las Vegas is now the instructor.

When he first came on board I lingered for the return of Don.
But over the last few weeks I have watched some of Paul's videos & have started to put them into practice.

The first one that caught my eye was how to place your left hand on the grip, this was followed soon after with how to place your right hand on the grip.
As I had a very strong grip, this was very good for me to get back to basics & started trying out this new grip last Saturday. I think by the time I had completed the round I had the grip sussed but my game was still erratic.

Last week I viewed 2 other videos, the one piece takeaway & your legs are the driving force. This seemed to complete the picture for me.

On Saturday around my own course, I have never hit the ball so straight & hit the ball so well. In fact I went round in 71 strokes, not bad for a 12 handicapper (par 69). This was followed up on Sunday when playing at Mar Hall (par 71) I went round in 77.

I now stand up & take dead aim. Its scary how good it feels.

Can't wait for the first medal this coming Saturday, to try it on the full course.

I'll keep you posted. Very Happy
SetupDeterminesTheMotion
SetupDeterminesTheMotion

Back to top Go down

Peak Performance Golf Swing Empty Re: Peak Performance Golf Swing

Post by Redrage Tue 29 Mar 2011, 10:27 am

I started to follow PPGS and got nowhere with Dons ideas, but I still watched the videos for short game etc. However, now that Paul has taken over I too have changed my grip, but also my takeaway and the start of my downswing. I played the back 9 of my course in 40 last week, that is a first for me and it has required minimum practice. If I put a decent amount of practice in, I feel like breaking 80 will only be a matter of time for me.

Redrage

Back to top Go down

Post by SetupDeterminesTheMotion Mon 04 Apr 2011, 2:47 pm

First medal on Saturday.
My usual score on the first medal of the year is around 95.
So this year with my new grip etc, got off to a par saving 81, even though there was a very strong wind all during my round.

So things still looking positive.

Smile
SetupDeterminesTheMotion
SetupDeterminesTheMotion

Back to top Go down

Post by Redrage Mon 04 Apr 2011, 7:40 pm

Good work man! After posting my last message I made a really good start for only for an up and down middle third and a complete debacle of a last third. Need to get some practice in order to groove these changes in and make the best of them... just been far too busy finishing coursework for the MSc I am completing. Luckily, all I have time for this week is some short practice sessions. Might do me the world of good.

Redrage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down