The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

He speaketh with forked tongue

+2
Impossible Standards
LordDowlais
6 posters

Go down

He speaketh with forked tongue Empty He speaketh with forked tongue

Post by LordDowlais Thu 15 Mar 2012, 2:25 pm

Did anybody else listen to Real Radio last night ? They had a whole hour with Roger Lewis and I found it quite interesting. I swear, this guy could do a great job as a polotition, prime minister even. He comes across as a very well mannered and quite likable guy, but good God, does he like to skirt around the questions thrown at him without really answering them. I found it quite strange that when one member of the public asked him what he was going to do about the relationships between Neath and the Ospreys and Pontypridd and the Blues, because as we all know, there is a large fan base being alienated within these regions, and all he said was "Lets not beat around the bush, I know what is going on and I will try and do something about it". Unless you have been living in a cage for the last five years of course you will know that something is going on, but instead of talking, tell us what you are going to do. I am not going to give you a full list of minutes of what was said, but he has gone onto this radio station when the bigger part of the Welsh public are in a good mood with rugby, and he was congratulated by a lot of people for the sudden uplift in Welsh fortunes, and rightly so, but he really needs to sort out the underlying problems with the game in Wales or all this resurgence could be all undone. I also found it amusing when somebody posted a question about North Wales, and he basically said that because traditionaly rugby is a south Wales sport, the he will just develope players in the North for the regions in the South. WHY NOT GIVE THEM A REGION ROGER !!!!!

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

He speaketh with forked tongue Empty Re: He speaketh with forked tongue

Post by Impossible Standards Thu 15 Mar 2012, 2:38 pm

I swear, this guy could do a great job as a polotition, prime minister even. He comes across as a very well mannered and quite likable guy, but good God, does he like to skirt around the questions thrown at him without really answering them

The definition of politician.
Impossible Standards
Impossible Standards

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 15 Mar 2012, 2:45 pm

What's he going to do about the problem? - Why don't the people themselves do something about it and support their Region - Play a few games at Ponty and the Gnoll and have a real atmosphere - He is a politician but he can't please all of the people all of the time, particularly in such a parochial inward thinking place as Wales and particularly the valleys thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Thu 15 Mar 2012, 2:53 pm

Roger Lewis is the smartest man in Wales, and the greatest trick he ever performed was getting Wales to beleive he doesn't exist!!!

He slopes around in his long leather overcoat whispering into peoples ears, when things go wrong you couldn't get hold of him if you were his wife, but when things look good he pops up in every medium possible!

He gladly takes every ounce of praise that is awarded to anyone, yet when it's time for criticism he is the underpowered voice of reason that noone will listen to when he can foresee mistakes. He gets just as frustrated as fans
at times when he is fighting for our cause and the powers that be just ignore him.

I CANNOT STAND THIS GUY!!!!

He is media trained and have you noticed when asked a difficult question he reverts to we, us and our problems, yet when there is praise he is so gracious 'well I did have a few assistants in my huge role within that!'

I don't want to swear but what an sockcucker!!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 15 Mar 2012, 3:18 pm

The sports phone-in on Real Radio is excruciating. If Roger Lewis was annoying on it, there are more annoying people than him phoning in every single day.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 15 Mar 2012, 3:23 pm

luckless_pedestrian wrote:The sports phone-in on Real Radio is excruciating. If Roger Lewis was annoying on it, there are more annoying people than him phoning in every single day.

The comments from the public can be quite comical sometimes, even thought they are meant to be serious.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 15 Mar 2012, 3:27 pm

I try not to listen to it too often, Spiderman! Smile

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 15 Mar 2012, 3:30 pm

I tend to catch it every now and again. But you should listen to the football boys moan and bitch each other. 'Swansea made the prem, Cardiff are pants', 'Swans got stuffed this weekend, at least Cardiff can still win games' etc etc. It's like a radio version of the Blues/Ponty (or welsh/english) fans on here.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 15 Mar 2012, 3:34 pm

I only hear it in the car with the other half. I've always said that people who phone in on radio talk shows are exactly the kind of people who shouldn't be given air time.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 15 Mar 2012, 3:44 pm

luckless, what's the matter with you these days, you seem to be getting grumpier with every post on here, cheer up mun, Hug I always listen to the rugby versions of the phone in, it is like a spoken version of this place, also because I enjoy rugby so much I just like to get as much info and talk about it as much as I can, hence why I am on here so much.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 15 Mar 2012, 3:46 pm

Ha, I'm honestly not grumpy, I just get really wound up listening to the Real Radio sports phone in. When someone phones in, makes a stupid point and the pundits agree with the caller, that's really annoying!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down