The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every Team has Played Poorly Against England, Why?

+2
hugo124
WELL-PAST-IT
6 posters

Go down

Every Team has Played Poorly Against England, Why? Empty Every Team has Played Poorly Against England, Why?

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Sat 17 Mar 2012, 8:03 pm

It seems from the posters on this board and from my own observations that every team including to an extent Wales have played poorly against England.

Is this just Englands good luck, or due to the way England have played the game with the targetting of the half backs and the pressure defence. Certainly England have defended well, when breaks have come due to the defence missing a tackle of loose ball, the scramble defence has been superb.

Even the GS champions struggled to put any coninuity into their game, their 9 and 10 had mares, as has every other 9 and 10 combo they have played against.

What are your views?
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Every Team has Played Poorly Against England, Why? Empty Re: Every Team has Played Poorly Against England, Why?

Post by hugo124 Sat 17 Mar 2012, 8:08 pm

England are the best team in the world.You are so smart for writing this article, well done to you.Do you want a medal?
France are terrible.
Scotland are terrible.
Wales were made look good by playing against poor teams.
Ireland have no dept in terms of scrummaging and have a coach that I am sure is living in the amateur era.

hugo124

Back to top Go down

Every Team has Played Poorly Against England, Why? Empty Re: Every Team has Played Poorly Against England, Why?

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 17 Mar 2012, 8:17 pm

As every team played poorly against England.

Or have England just made it hard for every team they have played against?

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sat 17 Mar 2012, 8:24 pm

England went in with a new coach and new players. They opted for a gameplan that was defence led and aimed to harry the opposition into mistakes. As the tournament progressed they got better at what they did.

In effect they made the games scrappy, and themselves difficult to beat. Wales in the first 20 minutes had chances to really dominate - once they failed to capitalise ther was scoreboard pressure which does funny things to players.

Overall this was a tournament of very tight matches, many which could have gone the other way.

At the end though the best team won teh Slam.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Sat 17 Mar 2012, 8:28 pm

Hugo, did someone spit in you beer or are you normally such a Winkle?
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Sat 17 Mar 2012, 8:29 pm

I didn't say winkle, I can't be bothered with getting them out of the shells. I did say something about a male member though.
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 18 Mar 2012, 2:55 pm

I thought Scotland and Italy played very well against England. If it wasn't for a couple of fortunate charge downs those scores would have reversed.

Otherwise England have a simple gameplan a decent defence and a good line out.

They tied a couple of good results together at the end of the championship. Much more impressed by the way they finished rather than the way they started.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sun 18 Mar 2012, 5:01 pm

Totally agree with maestegmafia!

This new English side were being talked up as a team in progress, something thrown together in a short time. Well, I take my hat off to Lancaster, because in my opinion it only took two games to sort it out... England are back! and playing better than I have seen in years!

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down