The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My boxing film in full - Gallaghers Gym

3 posters

Go down

My boxing film in full - Gallaghers Gym Empty My boxing film in full - Gallaghers Gym

Post by OasisBFC Sat 17 Mar 2012, 9:05 pm

Hi all, some of you may remember I've been making a short film about Joe Gallagher and his fighters. Box Nation are showing a few clips on Buncey's Boxing Hour on Monday, but here's the link to the full film:

http://vimeo.com/37429208 with more info about it at http://www.mattknight.tv/gallaghersgym

I filmed it over a 2 month period just going down to the gym every couple of weeks, and getting up at 5.45 on a freezing January saturday morning a couple of times to drive to the moors to film them running, but it was all worth it.

It's been finished for a while and there have been discussions about where it was going out, but as this was a completely non-profit project we wanted as many people as possible to see it - so it's gone online. it'll be on youtube tomorrow too.

I wanted to give the 24/7 treatment to our home grown fighters and not just the likes of Mayweather and Manny.

I have made a blog about it, which i'll be posting in the next few days, maybe tomorrow.
Mods and others: Feel free to share the video on facebooks etc or other websites and the other 606 sites.

Any questions, please let me know.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

My boxing film in full - Gallaghers Gym Empty Re: My boxing film in full - Gallaghers Gym

Post by School Project Sat 17 Mar 2012, 9:31 pm

I haven't watched this yet mate, but I'm commenting so I can find the link a little later Smile

Looking forward to it.

School Project

Back to top Go down

My boxing film in full - Gallaghers Gym Empty Re: My boxing film in full - Gallaghers Gym

Post by OasisBFC Sun 18 Mar 2012, 11:17 am

alma wrote:Well done oasis. I'm assuming the B stands for Burnage?

...The B??

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Mar 2012, 6:50 pm

Nice film & professionally done, liked the shots of Saddleworth moor though I bet it was cold. Nice little insight into Joe Gallagher, who I new nothing about except his name & gym, & some of his fighters. Interesting remarks from the fighters about keeping tabs on all aspects of their training & where to tweak it etc all in all a good production would loved to have seen more. Is your blog up yet?

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Wed 21 Mar 2012, 12:46 pm

cheers, no blog up yet. its all written but its just a case of getting round to doing it! this film kinds of takes over your life a bit filming it at weekends and then editing at night during the week, then even the process of getting it off your computer on to youtube takes hours, so as you can imagine the other half isnt a massive fan of it, even though she's been very supportive.

yeah the moors were freezing, and i had to get up at 5.45 on a saturday morning to get there, now THAT'S hard work and dedication! ha.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 21 Mar 2012, 12:55 pm

OasisBFC wrote:cheers, no blog up yet. its all written but its just a case of getting round to doing it! this film kinds of takes over your life a bit filming it at weekends and then editing at night during the week, then even the process of getting it off your computer on to youtube takes hours, so as you can imagine the other half isnt a massive fan of it, even though she's been very supportive.

yeah the moors were freezing, and i had to get up at 5.45 on a saturday morning to get there, now THAT'S hard work and dedication! ha.

It would be if you ran up the hill with them Laugh

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down