The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern League - Week 2 Voting Page

+4
Shelsey93
JDizzle
Mat
Gregers
8 posters

Go down

Northern League - Week 2 Voting Page Empty Northern League - Week 2 Voting Page

Post by Gregers Mon 19 Mar 2012, 10:53 am

Match 1 - Durham Dynamos vs Leicestershire Foxes - Toss won by Dynamos

Match 2 - Warwickshire Bears vs Worcestershire Royals
- Due to no Warwickshire Coach Worcs win automatically, can people please give thoughts on the squad picked by Worcs as feedback

Match 3 - Yorkshire Carnegie vs Nottinghamshire Outlaws - Toss won by Outlaws

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Northern League - Week 2 Voting Page Empty Re: Northern League - Week 2 Voting Page

Post by Mat Mon 19 Mar 2012, 3:43 pm

2 out of 2! For the record, I think I'd have lost this match were it not for Nando having to go, had a really long tail for this one.

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Northern League - Week 2 Voting Page Empty Re: Northern League - Week 2 Voting Page

Post by JDizzle Mon 19 Mar 2012, 4:32 pm

Not that I am taking this seriously and being incredibly competitive in anyway, but will that be a 6-0 win to Worcs? It's just that I played Warks last week and only won 4-2 in the only week they have a coach. Not that I am being competitive. Honestly. Very Happy

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Mar 2012, 11:21 am

really there's one game to vote on, as there's no lecistershire tactics either....

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Wed 21 Mar 2012, 5:56 pm

Yorkshire Carnegie v Nottinghamshire Outlaws

The Yorkshire innings starts poorly with Malinga bowling Denly in the first over and Fletcher nipping out Mahmood shortly after. But Cook and Rohit Sharma build a platform, with Fletcher particularly well punished. 65-2 after 10. Swann then dismisses Cook and Dhoni in the 12th, leaving Sharma and Bairstow to attack though batting becomes more difficult. A couple of late wickets see Yorks finish up on 150-6. Sharma's 70 is the top score, with Swann and Malinga the best of the bowlers.

Bresnan bowls tidily up front with Warner struggling to time the ball before being bowled in the 6th over. Notts begin to score with Hales attacking Shahzad before falling in Warne's 1st over for 25. Warne also removes Taylor, but Rahane counters Warne and Rashid well, if not particularly aggressively, and Dave Hussey again looks in great knick. Both are well set after 16 overs with Notts 105-3. 45 from 24 balls is not ungettable in T20, and Mahmood (filling in for the expensive Shahzad) is hit for 15 off his over (No. 17). Rampaul then bowls Rahane, leaving van Wyk and Hussey at the crease with 23 to get from 2 overs. Warne takes a risk and brings Shahzad back and though D. Hussey hits the first ball for 4 the next is edged through to Dhoni and the lower order don't quite get Notts across the line as the team finish 143-6. Bresnan, Warne and Rashid the pick of the bowlers.

Yorkshire Carnegie win by 7 runs
Man of the Match: Rohit Sharma

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Wed 21 Mar 2012, 6:13 pm

Tactical feedback for Mat and MFC

- Worcs look quite light on batting (injuries playing a major part of course). Wilson, Shakib and Yusuf all a place too high high and extremely reliant on the openers to build a platform. I'd have put Lee ahead of Rafiq and Shantry as at this level he is a far more experienced hitter. I'd definitely have given Lee a major role (suitable conditions or not, Lee >> Shantry and Andrew IMO).

- Durham have a deep batting line-up (though I'd probably have omitted Finch and played another bowler). Lacking a spinner but still a pretty good looking bowling line-up

Hope that is sort of what you meant by feedback Gregers

Last edited by Shelsey93 on Wed 21 Mar 2012, 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Wed 21 Mar 2012, 9:24 pm

Yorkshire win by 12 runs, Mahmood plays a blinder. Very close match until Warne rips the heart out of the notts chase.

Sorry for the small vote info lads

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 21 Mar 2012, 9:37 pm

Match 1 - Durham Dynamos vs Leicestershire Foxes
Default win for Durham. Very good tactics but I would maybe start Pollard a bit higher so he has more time to make an impact on the innings

Match 2 - Warwickshire Bears vs Worcestershire Royals
Default win for Worcestershire. Luckily for you the injuries of Bell and Lyth don’t affect you this week! Again a strong side but with them two would be a lot better.

Match 3 - Yorkshire Carnegie vs Nottinghamshire Outlaws
This is a heavyweight battle between argueably two of the best teams. I say a Notts win as I think their bowlers will take advantage of the conditions and restrict Yorks to a low total.

Sorry for the sort votes lads, school work is priority! Wink
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Wed 21 Mar 2012, 11:44 pm

Denly and Mahmood fall to Malinga early but Cook and Sharma play themselves in an build a solid partnership until Swann picks up Rohit in the 11th and Cook in the 15th. Dhoni plays a good knock with cameos from the lower middle order and Yorkshire put up a solid 150/6.

In reply Bresnan picks up Hales early. Warner though starts swinging, riding his luch in the powerplay and getting his team off to a storming start. A slog off Warne undoes him though, and Taylor falls in the 9th. Rahane and Hussey opt to see Warne off, with a boundary an over off Rashid keeping the chase ticking. The return of Rampaul accounts for Rahane and van Wyk, but Hussey and Patel ease home in the final over. Win to Notts.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Thu 22 Mar 2012, 1:29 pm

thanks for the feedback, I think on reflection Pollard should certainly have been above Stokes in the order. I went with the deep batting in this one because of the conditions (tough to bat in and spinners having little impact). Normally Borthwick would be in there.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Mar 2012, 3:32 pm

notts win- very good effort from yorks, but notts have too much in the end.

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Thu 22 Mar 2012, 8:02 pm

Durham - Good tactics, would agree that Pollard should be a place higher in the order give him more time. If Blackwell comes in he can still give it the big shot.

Bowling - good stuff but would have considerd Blackwell a more front runner with the conditions

Worcestershire - In injuries really didn't help so making the best from a bad situation, did as much as possible.

Yorkshire Vs Nottinghamshire

Notts win in a close affair, Yorkshire hit 147 in their 20 overs, Notts chase with 7 balls to spare, main bowlers for Notts are Malinga and Broad, main batsmen are Warner and Taylor. For Yorkshire main batters Dhoni and Bairstow with Bresnan the main bowler.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down