The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tighthead prop

4 posters

Go down

Tighthead prop  Empty Tighthead prop

Post by Cymroglan Tue 20 Mar 2012, 10:54 pm

On Saturday, Leinster tighthead prop Mike Ross left the field with a neck injury sustained in the opening scrum and his replacement Tom Court, more accomplished at loosehead, was under severe pressure for the remainder of the game

Tom is a decent prop but Saturday probably explains why the Tighthead prop is the highest paid player but very good ones are in short supply.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Tighthead prop  Empty Re: Tighthead prop

Post by aucklandlaurie Tue 20 Mar 2012, 10:59 pm

Not only are quality International tighthead props in short supply but props that can play both sides at International level are even rarer.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue 20 Mar 2012, 11:01 pm

laurie, who do NZ have behind the Franks brothers?
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Tue 20 Mar 2012, 11:19 pm

luckily we dont have to select props for a couple of months yet,but there are going to be some interesting questions asked.
Tony Woodcock has not played a game since thwe World Cup final,hes got a sore leg.
Auckland have not found a genuine replacement for John Afoa yet, well not someone that comes close to Afoas lifting ability at lineout time.
Wyat Crockett is always there to cover loosehead but he has an inbuilt skill to get penelised at scrumtime.
The Chiefs props are both excellant but I think you will find young Tamiefuna going and committing himself to Tonga like his uncle who plays loosehead .
Bottom line its too early to play selection games,as I personally beleive there is an opportunity for a tighthead to impress escpecially from the Highlanders or Hurricanes.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Wed 21 Mar 2012, 12:26 am

8 men benches for Internationals, but limit the subs you are allowed to make (like in roundball I think it's 7 subs but 3 switches now). Done.

Next problem?

(PS: As a tighthead prop I wholeheartedly agree with the theme of this article!)

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down