The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miami Masters Sunday ATP Matches of the Day

+13
kemet
ryan86
Calder106
Jahu
noleisthebest
Tenez
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
Josiah Maiestas
time please
invisiblecoolers
laverfan
reckoner
spuranik
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Predict Upset of the day

Miami Masters Sunday ATP Matches of the Day - Page 3 Vote_lcap25%Miami Masters Sunday ATP Matches of the Day - Page 3 Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 3 ]
Miami Masters Sunday ATP Matches of the Day - Page 3 Vote_lcap25%Miami Masters Sunday ATP Matches of the Day - Page 3 Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 3 ]
Miami Masters Sunday ATP Matches of the Day - Page 3 Vote_lcap42%Miami Masters Sunday ATP Matches of the Day - Page 3 Vote_rcap 42% 
[ 5 ]
Miami Masters Sunday ATP Matches of the Day - Page 3 Vote_lcap8%Miami Masters Sunday ATP Matches of the Day - Page 3 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 12

Poll closed

Miami Masters Sunday ATP Matches of the Day - Page 3 Empty Miami Masters Sunday ATP Matches of the Day

Post by spuranik Sat 24 Mar - 0:23

First topic message reminder :

STADIUM Start 11:00 am

[7] Tomas Berdych (CZE) v Grigor Dimitrov (BUL)

Not Before 1:00 PM
WTA

Not Before 3:00 PM
WTA
[25] Radek Stepanek (CZE) v [2] Rafael Nadal (ESP)

Starting at 7:30 PM
WTA

Not Before 9:30 PM
[19] Florian Mayer (GER) v [10] John Isner (USA)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GRANDSTAND Start 11:00 am
[18] Alexandr Dolgopolov (UKR) v [9] Janko Tipsarevic (SRB)
[13] Gilles Simon (FRA) v [22] Jurgen Melzer (AUT)
26] Milos Raonic (CAN) v [4] Andy Murray (GBR)

WTA

Not Before 5 pm
ATP DOUBLES

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COURT 1 Start 11:00 am
WTA
WTA
[6] Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (FRA) v [32] Philipp Kohlschreiber (GER)
[16] Kei Nishikori (JPN) v Lukas Rosol (CZE)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COURT 2 Start 11:00 am
WTA
ATP DOUBLES
WTA

Pretty late I know, but I see that people are already discussing today's matches on this thread...

Raonic has withdrawn so Murray is through... Dimitrov has created an upset by defeating Top-ten player Berdych...

Last edited by spuranik on Sun 25 Mar - 18:41; edited 1 time in total

spuranik

Back to top Go down

Miami Masters Sunday ATP Matches of the Day - Page 3 Empty Re: Miami Masters Sunday ATP Matches of the Day

Post by noleisthebest Sun 25 Mar - 18:44

Tenez wrote:
Jeremy_Kyle wrote:I don't know , mentally he looks still too weak. He's got the shots though......

Yes I agree. Luckily he was facing an even mentally weaker opponent today.

However, He has good shots, doing what he does with a SHBH is certainly proof of a great talent.

What he needs to improve is very clear.

1 - Increase 1st serve %
2 - fitness (looked breathless most of the time)
3 - footwork...looks confused on the court.

i.e. no hope.....

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Miami Masters Sunday ATP Matches of the Day - Page 3 Empty Re: Miami Masters Sunday ATP Matches of the Day

Post by lydian Sun 25 Mar - 18:48

Thats a bit negative isnt it, he's just beat #7 in world in a Masters.
Hardly a case of a no-hoper...if he can improve in a number of areas it gives a hint of what he could really achieve. The guy is still only 20...
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Sun 25 Mar - 19:31

It is great to see Dimitrov through to the 4th round of a masters.

It is really strange that Berdych is quite so flaky mentally with such a very good game.

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun 25 Mar - 19:35

lydian wrote:1 and 2 can be worked on (and agree he looked tired, as I commented also), 3 is harder as much of that is innate talent (unless its more a case of bad positioning than actual footwork per se)
Would add he needs to up the gas on the 2nd serve also.

Yes some are natural on the footwork (borg, Federer) but lots of work can compensate for it. Look at Murray, I don;t think he was a natural mover, and now he is one of the fastest. ...though the price to pay is many injury.

Nowadays, it's like everything, innate footwork or not, one needs lots more working on it.

I was impressed by Dimi's sliced BH too. His game needs more maturing but he has one o the most complete and natural game amongst the yougsters.

If they decide to speed the courts in the future, he may have made the right choice to go for SHBH.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun 25 Mar - 19:37

noleisthebest wrote:

i.e. no hope.....

LOL!

You are worried about the new generation, aren't you? Wink

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun 25 Mar - 19:46

Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:

i.e. no hope.....

LOL!

You are worried about the new generation, aren't you? Wink

I actually liked him when he turned up 3 years ago but am disappointed he did so little in the meantime. If he hasn't sorted out his footwork by now, what hope IS there for him....still, had a lot of close losses recently, maybe this win could give him some belief and encouragement to persevere.

Watching Simon Meltzer, playing conditions seem tough, hot and humid, Simon is struggling. despite winning the first set in the tie-break.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun 25 Mar - 19:47

In principle I don't like copies. So, I 'd like to see Dimi bring something different and new to Fed. I don;t think he has Fed's grace on the court but he may have more power, different strategies, etc...

However, they belong to "the classic" players with Haas, Youzhny, Almagro, Gasquet, each bringing something different so we are likely to see more of those kinds. And it's great to know there is one amongst the youngsters.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun 25 Mar - 19:49

Such difference between IW and Miami: no loud music, no camera face hunting, and the crowd ALL dressed with no unsightly flesh on display.....always preferred Miami for some reason....

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun 25 Mar - 19:54

Tenez, any thoughts on Stepanek Nadal?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Sun 25 Mar - 19:56

'Stepanek will be bossing Nadal and dominating him....
for the first 15 min, after which Stepanek will physically collapse and allow the no-hope to seal victory.'
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Sun 25 Mar - 19:59

No in all seriousness Nadal is playing well, and was impressive against Giraldo.
It will take a great effort from Stepanek to beat him, but nothing is impossible.
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun 25 Mar - 19:59

noleisthebest wrote:Tenez, any thoughts on Stepanek Nadal?

Very easy. Stepanek is a great talent and can do wonderful things with teh ball....as long as he receives a "normal" ball. Nadal is going to break his fine, touch game, with spiny bombs so he has zero chance to control the game and is going to be bulldozed in to a pretty straight and easy loss. Not going to be close I am afraid.

Last edited by Tenez on Sun 25 Mar - 20:00; edited 1 time in total

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sun 25 Mar - 19:59

Yes, would agree he's the best talent out of the young breed (more so than Tomic IMO), also agree the BH slice is a very nice shot and Berdy had trouble with it...its not just an ordinary slice either, its got real bite to it - thats always the benefit of the SHBH, makes the slice usually more penetrating, and it does take real talent to hit a biting low slice off a driven crosscourt shot.

Whilst on BH talk, think he needs to improve the return of serve on that wing too. But this win moves him into top 85 so he's steadily moving up. As you say he needs alot of hard work to bring out the best in his game. But the talent is there for sure...would be interesting to see him play Federer if they ever get the chance, to see how he would react with Federer being his idol/base for his game.

5-0 H2H between Nadal and Stepanek BTW...and 4 of those before Nadal was 19, inc. wins on carpet as a 17 yr old. I think he has Turbot's number.

Last edited by lydian on Sun 25 Mar - 20:03; edited 1 time in total
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by spuranik Sun 25 Mar - 20:01

noleisthebest wrote:Such difference between IW and Miami: no loud music, no camera face hunting, and the crowd ALL dressed with no unsightly flesh on display.....always preferred Miami for some reason....

NITB. Yesterday I saw cameramen zooming in on couples where they had to kiss each other... So not much difference... Wink

spuranik

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun 25 Mar - 20:12

spuranik wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:Such difference between IW and Miami: no loud music, no camera face hunting, and the crowd ALL dressed with no unsightly flesh on display.....always preferred Miami for some reason....

NITB. Yesterday I saw cameramen zooming in on couples where they had to kiss each other... So not much difference... Wink
awww.... heart kiss

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun 25 Mar - 20:13

Simon doing really well, 0:3 down in the second set, now 3 match points on his serve!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sun 25 Mar - 20:17

mp's?
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun 25 Mar - 20:19

I reckon Radek is going to give us a match....

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun 25 Mar - 20:20

Just saw Dolgo Tips highlights, Has anybody seen Dolgo's LATEST hairdo vomit

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun 25 Mar - 20:22

Another super match coming up Tsonga Kholi Very Happy

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sun 25 Mar - 20:45

Go Tsongaaaaa
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sun 25 Mar - 22:18

And he did 6:4 7:6. Acceptable match.
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Mon 26 Mar - 0:54

Rafa just does not miss. Great to watch.

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by spuranik Mon 26 Mar - 0:56

kemet wrote:Rafa just does not miss. Great to watch.

After the first break in the opening set I thought, that's it... Stepanek might not even win a game from now on...

Surely it seems to be heading that way...

spuranik

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Mon 26 Mar - 1:00

spuranik wrote:
kemet wrote:Rafa just does not miss. Great to watch.

After the first break in the opening set I thought, that's it... Stepanek might not even win a game from now on...

Surely it seems to be heading that way...

Yep. The commentator said it best, "Stepanek has hit shots that would be winners against anyone else, but Nadal"

That is the Rafa legacy. Always making players go for the extra shot.

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon 26 Mar - 1:02

Poor Stepanek.....I suppose it's late to start watching now...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Mon 26 Mar - 1:03

noleisthebest wrote:Poor Stepanek.....I suppose it's late to start watching now...

Yep, this a straightforward win for Rafa.

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon 26 Mar - 1:09

Why does Nadal always have that miserable face...needs to spend more time with Nole

http://m24digital.com/en/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/nadal-djokovic.jpg

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Mon 26 Mar - 1:15

lol
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Mon 26 Mar - 1:25

The slaughter is complete.

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Mon 26 Mar - 1:27

Thrashing.
Let's hope he carries the same form against Nishokori.
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Mon 26 Mar - 1:33

Just woke up. Nadal the GOAT!!
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Mon 26 Mar - 1:37

Yes, so what?
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Mon 26 Mar - 1:48

Yes!
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3