The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is George North still growing?

3 posters

Go down

Is George North still growing? Empty Is George North still growing?

Post by Knowsit17 Tue 27 Mar 2012, 5:40 pm

Was watching the Blues and the Scarlets on Saturday and I could by all means be wrong but after North came on I had the distinct impression he'd caught up with Cuthbert, noted as two inches the taller, on the few occasions when both were standing next to each other. In fact it looked to me as if he might be creeping slightly ahead. Did anyone else notice or was this just an optical illusion on my behalf? Apologies if so.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Is George North still growing? Empty Re: Is George North still growing?

Post by Guest Tue 27 Mar 2012, 6:28 pm

I think it's Georgie's hair. He's got a bit of a curly quif thing going on at the front that looks to give him a couple more inches in height!

Still, he's only 19 (very nearly 20) so aye could still be growing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Tue 27 Mar 2012, 7:20 pm

Think Cuthbert was just trying to keep his head down, literally, after that horrific tracking-back fumble on his own line!

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Tue 27 Mar 2012, 7:21 pm

I'm still not sure whether growing naturally at already 6'4 will work to his advantage or disadvantage. As long as it's height and weight he's comfortable with, unlike the notorious beefing up they undergo at the gym, I can't see why it wouldn't work in his favour and make him that little bit stronger and harder to bring down. But would it detract from his technical skill and make him more one-dimensional?

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Mar 2012, 7:26 pm

I dunno Knowsit. He looks all in proportion to me, so I wouldn't say he's close to over bulking or beefing up too much.

I know there was an interview with the Welsh closes saying they were really careful what training they let George do, as they don't want him to bulk up too much.

And I don't think it will take from his technical skill. he's got a good step on him, and great handling skills, some of his offloads the last couple of months have been sublime. Reckon he'll be fine Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Tue 27 Mar 2012, 7:35 pm

Agreed, his handling is very impressive. The Ireland game goes without saying but I think the Fiji game in NZ also ranks up there as the best of North. If you watch the highlights he was everywhere that day, played a part in at least 4 of the 9 tries!

He does indeed look well-proportioned atm, hope it stays that way. Loves the contact but has a deft offload and step.

Enough, I'm ranting again now Wink

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Tue 27 Mar 2012, 7:43 pm

I agree with Dreamer. I think - if you're already one of the standout wingers in world rugby, at 19, why would further growth be desirable, or even relevant?

He is a fantastically balanced runner, for someone of any dimensions, and has good skills for a 'big lump'. (He always looks very comfortable under the high ball - unlike the otherwise magnificent Halfpenny - maybe they will swap around one day???)

And 'programme stats' are hardly the most scientifically accurate info at the best of times. Shane Williams is about 5 foot 4.

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue 27 Mar 2012, 9:32 pm

I don't think he is going to grown any bigger after that unbelievable growth spurt he had when he was 13. If he stopped training he could put weight on in the wrong areas, like AWJ has done!
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down