The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gloucester sign Newport full-back Martyn Thomas for next season

+4
GavinDragon
formerly known as Sam
EnglishReign
Kingshu
8 posters

Go down

Gloucester sign Newport full-back Martyn Thomas for next season Empty Gloucester sign Newport full-back Martyn Thomas for next season

Post by Kingshu Wed 28 Mar 2012, 10:45 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/17524143

Bad bad BBC It's Newport Gwent Dragons fullback, not Newport full back.

The 24-year-old turned down a new deal with the Welsh club to sign a one-year contract at Kingsholm

surely they mean region?

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Gloucester sign Newport full-back Martyn Thomas for next season Empty Re: Gloucester sign Newport full-back Martyn Thomas for next season

Post by EnglishReign Wed 28 Mar 2012, 10:52 am

Aside from the lazy journalism, a great signing! He'll fit in nicely with our flashy backs, I honestly can't wait to see the new side next season.

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Gloucester sign Newport full-back Martyn Thomas for next season Empty Re: Gloucester sign Newport full-back Martyn Thomas for next season

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 28 Mar 2012, 11:05 am

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Wed 28 Mar 2012, 11:33 am

and totally agree re comments really annoys me when they refer to them as clubs and newport

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Wed 28 Mar 2012, 12:03 pm

Is another 15 needed?
May seems to be doing very well there.
Olly Morgan is excellent when not injured - unless his latest injury is more serious than 1st thought.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 28 Mar 2012, 12:13 pm

I have always said the Journo's are the worst offenders for not giving regionalism a real chance. They hardly ever call the teams by the correct names (bar Ospreys), they often call them clubs and talk about them as if they were still the old town/city sides and not regions at all.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Wed 28 Mar 2012, 12:15 pm

propdavid_london wrote:Is another 15 needed?
May seems to be doing very well there.
Olly Morgan is excellent when not injured - unless his latest injury is more serious than 1st thought.
#

He's torn his cruciate so will be out until at least October. He'll then need to go through a proper pre-season, so I wouldn't expect to see him feature much for the rest of this year.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 28 Mar 2012, 1:52 pm

Martyn Thomas, I think, is the best fullback in Wales, and I am not saying this in jest. Seriously, if Gloucester can keep him free from injury then they will have one hell of a player in their team, because he plays for the Dragons though he does not get as much air time as the likes of Halfpenny and Leigh Burne. On a side note though, I am very dissapointed that he has not shown the Dragons the same commitment that they have shown him during his horrific injuries.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 28 Mar 2012, 2:56 pm

LordDowlais wrote:On a side note though, I am very dissapointed that he has not shown the Dragons the same commitment that they have shown him during his horrific injuries.

That is probably down to the fact that he isn't getting the chances internationally there, so I guess its better to not get international chances, but he paid more and play in the HEC. Maybe if Gats showed some interest he may have stayed.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down