The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whichever way you look at it England are on a downturn.

+4
Triangulation
Knowsit17
majesticimperialman
Portnoy
8 posters

Go down

Whichever way you look at it England are on a downturn. Empty Whichever way you look at it England are on a downturn.

Post by Portnoy Wed 28 Mar 2012, 4:30 pm

The senior team slumped to second this season in the 6Ns.

The Women could not outperform their result last year.

The U20s and U18s bump along in a familiar rut.

It's all too depressing isn't it?
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Whichever way you look at it England are on a downturn. Empty Re: Whichever way you look at it England are on a downturn.

Post by Portnoy Wed 28 Mar 2012, 4:30 pm

p.s.
Wink
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Whichever way you look at it England are on a downturn. Empty Re: Whichever way you look at it England are on a downturn.

Post by majesticimperialman Wed 28 Mar 2012, 4:38 pm

Portnoy wrote:The senior team slumped to second this season in the 6Ns.

The Women could not outperform their result last year.

The U20s and U18s bump along in a familiar rut.

It's all too depressing isn't it?

IF you say so Portnoy.

But never the less England are still above Wales in the IRB rankins. thumbsup

Even though, Wales did win a Grand Slam this year. Hug kiss

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Wed 28 Mar 2012, 4:40 pm

What better proof that the rankings mean squat Very Happy

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Wed 28 Mar 2012, 4:54 pm

Knowsit17 wrote:What better proof that the rankings mean squat Very Happy

If the Rankins dont mean anything then why are Wales, trying to get into the top 4 of the IRB world Rankins by the end of the year?

Why so they can get a seeded place in the 2015 Rugby World Cup. THATS WHY. thumbsup Whistle

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Triangulation Wed 28 Mar 2012, 4:58 pm

Knowsit17 wrote:What better proof that the rankings mean squat Very Happy

In order to progress up the rankings you need to beat sides ranked above you.

Wales can beat England when they're ranked above them but they need to be able to beat....

Australia
SA
NZ

England has notched up the odd win vs Australia in not so distant past.

Wales cannot beat the tri nations sides to save themselves. The record suggests homesickness is an issue it is so bad and flies in the face of their often impressive domestic record.

Perhaps that explains it?

Triangulation

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Wed 28 Mar 2012, 5:02 pm

Put this debate on the rankings sticky guys.

This thread is supposed to engender banter. Not wums. OK
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Wed 28 Mar 2012, 5:05 pm

Haha for a moment there I was alomst fooled and believed Portnoy was wumming his own country.

Portnoy you never cease to amaze me! Hug

Lets see how England do next season with expectation behind them, it's easy to be a suprise package and an underdog.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Dubbelyew L Overate Wed 28 Mar 2012, 5:07 pm

It's worse than that - U-20's hit a blinkin great pothole in their rut.

Dubbelyew L Overate

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Wed 28 Mar 2012, 5:13 pm

AlynDavies wrote:Haha for a moment there I was alomst fooled and believed Portnoy was wumming his own country.

Portnoy you never cease to amaze me! Hug

Lets see how England do next season with expectation behind them, it's easy to be a suprise package and an underdog.

Moi? wum my own country?

Heaven forfend!

I'd wum myself if that were possible.

If only I wummed.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Wed 28 Mar 2012, 5:23 pm

Homesickness? There's one I haven't heard before. I would like to believe it is down to that and not simply being second best on the day. But I can't bring myself to believe it. How can a touring side be homesick? They're not exchange students spending a year abroad, they're players touring for about 3 weeks in a bid to win glory.

England have beaten one weakened SH side away in the last 9 years. That's really the only difference between England and Wales' recent record against the 3N teams. Other than that England have a couple of home wins (2006 against SA and 2010 against Oz) as do Wales (2005 and 2008 against Oz, honourable mention to the draw against Oz in 2006).

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by wickedwasp Wed 28 Mar 2012, 6:16 pm

Guys

Wait til Summer

Then we'll see

wickedwasp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 28 Mar 2012, 7:20 pm

"England have beaten one weakened SH side away in the last 9 years"

England have beaten Austrailia home and away in their last two encounters, that's a pretty impressive return against a top 3 nation.

Aus have pretty much dominated Wales over the years so I'm unsure how you can have a pop at England's form against the SH!?!?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Wed 28 Mar 2012, 9:12 pm

England haven't the players to justify a Lions spot. Send twenty-five Welshmen along with their coaching staff, five Irishmen and five Scots.

That'd do nicely for me.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Wed 28 Mar 2012, 9:38 pm

Have some self-esteem mate. Of course England will be involved as always and as usual they'll contribute magnificently to a fine series win. The Aussies have not a hope set against the combined might and class we all have to offer!

Wales rose Leprechaun Braveheart

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by wickedwasp Thu 29 Mar 2012, 6:02 am

Why not just send 40 Welshmen

After all, on their day....................................! Wink

wickedwasp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down