The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paul Bearer

+7
Don Caboose
davidl1061
Mr H
sodhat
TwisT
Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF
bretmeharty
11 posters

Go down

Paul Bearer Empty Paul Bearer

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:19 pm

Hi all,

With Kane and Taker obviously at Wrestlemania, does anyone think Paul Bearer might make an appearance?

Just a thought really and may help set up a Kane Taker feud/alliance?!?!

Back to top Go down

Paul Bearer Empty Re: Paul Bearer

Post by bretmeharty Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:20 pm

Its been done to death so I really hope not!

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:21 pm

What about him just showing up for the HIAC match to walk Taker out?

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:25 pm

Its an idea because of the end of an era thing. They could have Bearer R.I.P

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:27 pm

Why not bring out Ted Dibiase seeing as he was the one to introduce the undertaker. Would like Dibiase junior to finish the streak.

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:30 pm

I agree it has been done to death. However I would like to see Bearer back for one last run before a HOF.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:34 pm

I suspect he would return for whenever Taker's last match is, along with the druids to take him away to retirement.

When he does retire, I wonder how much of a role there will be for him to have on-screen, if any. It isn't the same having Undertaker come out as opposed to someone like Roddy Piper or Stone Cold. How could he interact?

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:47 pm

I always assumed Taker would retire by being buried alive or set on fire or something!

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:50 pm

He always gets buried alive and comes back! It will have to be made absolutely clear when he really isn't returning...

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:54 pm

Tehy would still wheel him out at Rumbles etc in the future - look at past entrants, i think they would always leave the door open for a guest appearance

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:57 pm

AntLord wrote:Tehy would still wheel him out at Rumbles etc in the future - look at past entrants, i think they would always leave the door open for a guest appearance

Erm, i think when Taker retires he wont be making a cameo appearance at any Rumble matches, his legacy is a bit more valued than that of Hacksaw Jim Duggan.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:09 pm

Mr H wrote:
AntLord wrote:Tehy would still wheel him out at Rumbles etc in the future - look at past entrants, i think they would always leave the door open for a guest appearance

Erm, i think when Taker retires he wont be making a cameo appearance at any Rumble matches, his legacy is a bit more valued than that of Hacksaw Jim Duggan.

In all fairness its your opinion, I think they would

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:15 pm

He could make a guest appearance here and there but I think his legacy is that of a supernatural and awe inspiring character, so coming down to the Rumble to be eliminated by Johnny No-Name doesn't make sense.

It's hard to think of ways he could contribute on screen when his career is over is what I'm getting at. Perhaps at Mania as some sort of presence...but what!?

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:19 pm

I dont think he would come out for the rumble, with his character he would need to win it or be in for a long time. He can hardly go now so I doubt that would be possible. When he retires I cant see him being an on screen presence, he would have to be in the back, off camera, a booker maybe?

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:24 pm

Undertaker on the commentary booth? Maybe not.

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:54 pm

AntLord wrote:
Mr H wrote:

In all fairness its your opinion, I think they would

Then you are deluded. Its like Shawn Michaels or Steve Austin coming out for a cheap pop and a quick payday only to be eliminated by the next up and comer. It just wont happen AntLord, believe me.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:10 am

The only way it would happen would be for Undertaker to come out and be eliminated by a young up and comer in a cheating mannere to set up a feud at the next PPV.

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:15 am

Listing the guest stars that have appeared at the Rumble, there are very few that can be deemed as upper card. Most are there for the comedy routines to break up the match. Rumble is like a film, it ebbs and flows in places, delievers comedy performances as well as serious jaw dropping ones.

Duggan, Road Dogg and Booker for example infused a comedy element into it.

For that reason I agree with H. I very much doubt he would come in for a spot at the Rumble. If he did it would be as the American Bad Ass gimmick. When Taker retires, the dead man gimmick will be lost forever.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Caboose Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:34 am

I imagine post retirement, Taker would stay gone completely it would fit his gimmick/character.

I did have an idea a while back that you make him the grim reaper of the WWE. If someone of note loses a "loser leaves town" match and they refuse to go (storyline wise), Undertaker would appear and drag them under the ring or to the back. Not seen again until the next time he's needed.

Don Caboose

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:55 am

Don Caboose wrote:I imagine post retirement, Taker would stay gone completely it would fit his gimmick/character.

I did have an idea a while back that you make him the grim reaper of the WWE. If someone of note loses a "loser leaves town" match and they refuse to go (storyline wise), Undertaker would appear and drag them under the ring or to the back. Not seen again until the next time he's needed.

Thats actually a pretty good idea! Doubt it would happen though...

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:36 pm

Not seen it yet but apparently Paul Bearer was on RAW!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:13 pm

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF wrote:Why not bring out Ted Dibiase seeing as he was the one to introduce the undertaker. Would like Dibiase junior to finish the streak.

Dibiase Jr would a hella push in the next year if he's gonna end the streak!!!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by longrangeeffort Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:13 pm

I posted this somewhere else but i'll put it again. I like the idea of Taker spending awhile (maybe a year) finding and training a suitable heir to carry on his legacy. Could see him putting them through really tough training and some falling and cant carry on etc etc. They could also keep the streak alive, in a way, if they wanted to or have it broken without Taker being pinned himself. (Its WWE, they maek rules up as they go along).

It also leaves open the possibility of Takers "Son" coming back to take revenge on the heir as it should have been their place. Then you have something similar to Taker/Kane.

Again...who would you trust with such a role?? :S

longrangeeffort

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:34 am

well the gimmick wouldn't have to be restricted to a big guy, so you could have maybe one of the indy guys that they rate highly introduced that way.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:41 am

Big risk though as if the gimmick fails you'd never get a job again in WWE.

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:45 am

longrangeeffort wrote:I posted this somewhere else but i'll put it again. I like the idea of Taker spending awhile (maybe a year) finding and training a suitable heir to carry on his legacy. Could see him putting them through really tough training and some falling and cant carry on etc etc. They could also keep the streak alive, in a way, if they wanted to or have it broken without Taker being pinned himself. (Its WWE, they maek rules up as they go along).

It also leaves open the possibility of Takers "Son" coming back to take revenge on the heir as it should have been their place. Then you have something similar to Taker/Kane.

Again...who would you trust with such a role?? :S

Could be a perfect way to inductuce Crimson if he went to WWE
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:51 am

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF wrote:Big risk though as if the gimmick fails you'd never get a job again in WWE.

True which is why it would have to go to someone they would have to be very impressed with, which is why I never think it would happen the only indy guy atm associated with them who I think they would even contemplate such a thing on would be Seth Rollins, they way they would go about it Rollins debuts and is allowed to do his stuff few high profile fueds. One promo or match, gong lights out then in the ring with him is Taker saying someone needs to continue his work, up to this point Taker would have been looking for an heir and would have had matches with 2 or 3 others (if its his last year in the company I could see him doing WM, Summerslam, Survivor Series), so anyway he would appear in the ring with rollins saying he has been impressed, so he has chosen Rollins for his match at Survivor Series, if Rollins were to lose Taker would claim his sole blah blah whatever, if Rollins were to win he would inherit the role of The Undertaker of the WWE, Rollins goes on to win the match and Taker dissapears when the lights go out after the match never to be seen again and when the lights come back on Rollins is in the ring with the hat and the coat on, tips the hat to the crowd and walks out of the arena. Then you could have a fued for Wrestlemania Vs Kane, who says that no one but his brother is fit to be the undertaker of the WWE, the gimmick becomes some sort of role or title passed onto those who are worthy.

Only way I could see them doing it.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:04 am

hodge wrote:
Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF wrote:Big risk though as if the gimmick fails you'd never get a job again in WWE.

True which is why it would have to go to someone they would have to be very impressed with, which is why I never think it would happen the only indy guy atm associated with them who I think they would even contemplate such a thing on would be Seth Rollins, they way they would go about it Rollins debuts and is allowed to do his stuff few high profile fueds. One promo or match, gong lights out then in the ring with him is Taker saying someone needs to continue his work, up to this point Taker would have been looking for an heir and would have had matches with 2 or 3 others (if its his last year in the company I could see him doing WM, Summerslam, Survivor Series), so anyway he would appear in the ring with rollins saying he has been impressed, so he has chosen Rollins for his match at Survivor Series, if Rollins were to lose Taker would claim his sole blah blah whatever, if Rollins were to win he would inherit the role of The Undertaker of the WWE, Rollins goes on to win the match and Taker dissapears when the lights go out after the match never to be seen again and when the lights come back on Rollins is in the ring with the hat and the coat on, tips the hat to the crowd and walks out of the arena. Then you could have a fued for Wrestlemania Vs Kane, who says that no one but his brother is fit to be the undertaker of the WWE, the gimmick becomes some sort of role or title passed onto those who are worthy.

Only way I could see them doing it.

Like Doctor Who?
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:17 am

not as such as the dr is just the same person still, the new taker would keep their original move set and everything, hell may even still wear different clothing, keeping the coat and hat though as thats symbolic taker (suppose you could argue the tombstone and chokeslam are but then you limited potentials on who it could be)

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by longrangeeffort Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:59 pm

I was thinking that it doesnt need to go down the soul route..more training (Taker likes his MMA) and then learning the "secrets" to his power or something like that (which we dont see). Maybe bring Paul Bearer back for a bit too with the urn again. Have the heir then suddenly disappear for a month and then reappear during a match/RAW/PPV and do something dramatic aka Kane when he debuted.

Looks wise i was thinking a Undertaker Junior and definitely keep details from the moveset...Old School, the way Taker sits up, the pin etc.

It just opens up possibilities with future feuds and could keep some sort of streak going..or not if the WWE were inclined. While leaving Taker unscathed. He could still claim to be and 0 if his protege lost but easily claim the streak is still going through his heir if they won.

longrangeeffort

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down