The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow vs Blues

+24
dogtooth
Majestic83
Knowsit17
Artful_Dodger
IanBru
Scot Abroad
GLove39
TBJ9625
eirebilly
Cymroglan
gowales
Manky-Flanker
funnyExiledScot
Liam
alexgmacdonald
Morgannwg
RDW
Smirnoffpriest
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
21st Century Schizoid Man
sensisball
ScarletSpiderman
wales606
28 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Glasgow vs Blues Empty Glasgow vs Blues

Post by wales606 Thu 29 Mar 2012, 2:53 pm

Cardiff Blues 15. Leigh Halfpenny 14. Alex Cuthbert 13. Casey Laulala 12. Jamie Roberts 11. Tom James 10. Ceri Sweeney 9. Lloyd Williams

8. Xavier Rush (C) 7. Josh Navidi 6. Mamma Moitika 5. James Down 4. Bradley Davies 3. Scott Andrews 2. Ryan Tyrrell 1. John Yapp

16. Marc Breeze 17. Nathan Trevett 18. Sam Hobbs 19. Macauley Cook 20. Kristian Dacey 21. Richie Rees 22. Gavin Henson 23. Dafydd Hewitt

Players unavailable for selection
Michael Paterson - neck/shoulder
Gethin Jenkins - shoulder.
Sam Warburton - shoulder
T Rhys Thomas - neck
Martyn Williams - ribs
Paul Tito - head
Richard Mustoe - hip
Fau Filise - shoulder
Andries Pretorius - knee
Deiniol Jones - shoulders

Ceri Sweeney get a start, Parks doesnt even make the bench - with Henson appearing in the replacement 10 shirt for the first time (a hint he may be staying next season?)

With Sweeney running from 10, this is probably the best attacking backline the Blues have put out this season - though they will probably be a bit rusty having not had clean ball for 8 months.

Czekaj and Blair both drop out of the 22, showing the depth in the Blues back 3 at the moment (Also meaning Henson is a 10/15 cover - but not a 12 cover for some reason)

Curiously, the Blues have 2 Hookers on the bench. Breeze in the hooker spot, and Dacey in the backrow spot? - He is an agile hooker, but not a backrower (without Warbs, Williams, Paterson, Pretorious I would have thought an academy backrow would be given a chance, such as Jenkins or Hamilton - or at least put another lock, Hill on the bench)

Last edited by RDW_Scotland on Thu 29 Mar 2012, 6:20 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : merged threads together)
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Glasgow vs Blues Empty Re: Glasgow vs Blues

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 29 Mar 2012, 2:58 pm

Why has Parks been dropped? Laugh

Thats not a bad side, but the front row and forwards on the bench seem to be the definate weak area. Any sign of anyone making a return before the LEinster match?
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Thu 29 Mar 2012, 3:02 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Why has Parks been dropped? Laugh

Thats not a bad side, but the front row and forwards on the bench seem to be the definate weak area. Any sign of anyone making a return before the LEinster match?

Ive added in the injury list

Not sure who will be back, but im really hoping Gethin, Paterson, TRT, Filise, Tito and Williams are fit

Warburton is certainly going to be missing - Paterson and Gethin are recent injuries, but I don't know how severe they are - without both back we may aswell save the plane fare to Dublin. (though I doubt the result will be any different with an entire fit team - which we wont have)
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 29 Mar 2012, 3:09 pm

I guess it all depends on what happens against Glasgow, if the Blues can lift themselves from their slump this match then who knows what can happen in Dublin. After all the Ospreys won out there, the Scarlets lost by a point, so its fair to say that Leinster are definately pushable, and beatable even out there, providing you have the momentum/attitude sorted.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by sensisball Thu 29 Mar 2012, 3:44 pm

great opportunity for Sweeney to show what a world class fly half he is by winning this one with a front five being munched by the glasgow pack!

The idea is clearly to try and run everything but with that front five i dont know if Cardiff will see any ball apart from turn overs and, tbh, with the form Fusaro is in just now most of the turn overs are likely to be going Glasgow's way!

if there are indeed two hookers on the Blues bench this may be a ruse to try to go to uncontested scrums early to negate Glasgow's strength in this area, although one of them surely must be qualified to prop?
It will be a very interesting game, whowever loses is pretty much out of contention for the play off's.

sensisball

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Thu 29 Mar 2012, 3:59 pm

sensisball wrote:great opportunity for Sweeney to show what a world class fly half he is by winning this one with a front five being munched by the glasgow pack!

The idea is clearly to try and run everything but with that front five i dont know if Cardiff will see any ball apart from turn overs and, tbh, with the form Fusaro is in just now most of the turn overs are likely to be going Glasgow's way!

if there are indeed two hookers on the Blues bench this may be a ruse to try to go to uncontested scrums early to negate Glasgow's strength in this area, although one of them surely must be qualified to prop?
It will be a very interesting game, whowever loses is pretty much out of contention for the play off's.

The second Hooker is in the backrow place. They still have 2 props are required by Pro12 rules.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Glasgow vs Blues Empty Glasgow Warriors V. Cardiff Blues

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Thu 29 Mar 2012, 4:23 pm

Warriors team :-
15 Stuart Hogg
14 Federico Aramburu
13 Alex Dunbar
12 Graeme Morrison
11 Tommy Seymour
10 Duncan Weir
9 Chris Cusiter
1 Ryan Grant
2 Dougie Hall
3 Mike Cusack
4 Tom Ryder
5 Al Kellock (CAPTAIN)
6 Rob Harley
7 Chris Fusaro
8 Ryan Wilson
SUBSTITUTES
16 Pat MacArthur
17 Jon Welsh
18 Moray Low
19 Richie Gray
20 John Barclay
21 Henry Pyrgos
22 Ruaridh Jackson
23 Peter Murchie

That is some bench amongst the forwards -jeez. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 29 Mar 2012, 4:27 pm

Tis true, all 5 would probably make the starting XV that Cardiff will put out. But then, have you looked at the quality of their midfield and back three?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Thu 29 Mar 2012, 4:46 pm

ASBO,

yes mate did catch that. Our forwards v their backs maybe ! What a set of forwards we will have next season when you add MacDonald and the Fijian guy awesome. What on earth that idiot Townsend will do to them /with them does not bear thinking about.

C'mon the Warriors ! Yahoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Thu 29 Mar 2012, 4:47 pm

Does anyone know when the Blues team is announced?

Should be a good game and it's apparently on BBC Wales and Alba

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 29 Mar 2012, 4:48 pm

It's out, priest, on another thread - we should probably look to combine them?

https://www.606v2.com/t26830-blues-team-for-glasgow-parks-gone-robert-1-2p-back

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Thu 29 Mar 2012, 4:49 pm

ahh ok thanks - I'll have a search

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Thu 29 Mar 2012, 4:54 pm

sensisball wrote:great opportunity for Sweeney to show what a world class fly half he is
by winning this one with a front five being munched by the glasgow pack!

Laugh Sorry but don't know of many world class fly halves who go from 2nd choice to Parks and then move to the Welsh Premiership!

When I saw the title and it said Parks out I thought woo good until I remembered they only had Sweeney to replace him - good luck to the Blues they'll def need it.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Thu 29 Mar 2012, 4:55 pm

ASBO,

what really brainy guys can merge threads ? Can you do it ?

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 29 Mar 2012, 5:18 pm

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:ASBO,

what really brainy guys can merge threads ? Can you do it ?
Nah, you've gotta be a god or summit - like RDW Wink

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 29 Mar 2012, 6:21 pm

merged the threads. You don't have to bow down and worship, but some false idols would be nice!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Thu 29 Mar 2012, 6:24 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:merged the threads. You don't have to bow down and worship, but some false idols would be nice!

notworthy
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 29 Mar 2012, 6:45 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:[color=red]merged the threads. You don't have to bow down and worship, but some false idols would be nice!
. Unfortunately I meant the other one, RDW Wink

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 29 Mar 2012, 6:52 pm

Eh?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Thu 29 Mar 2012, 7:29 pm

Haven't Glasgow been in some good form lately?
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by alexgmacdonald Thu 29 Mar 2012, 7:57 pm

Morgannwg wrote:Haven't Glasgow been in some good form lately?

Sure have, we've only lost 1 in our last 14 Pro 12 games Very Happy

alexgmacdonald

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Thu 29 Mar 2012, 8:09 pm

First time in a long time I've genuinely been exited about a Blues game Very Happy Welsh stars are back, and attacking back line with Sweeney at 10 instead of Parks (Not much to cheer about but its a start) with Henson on the bench covering 10. Does that signal he will stay at the Blues next season, or is it because of injuries, hopefully he gets a good 20 mins at fly half. If Blues can't perform with that team then they never will. If they can put in a good performance and gain a bit of confidence going into the 1/4 with Leinster, as Osprey's showed last Friday, who knows what could happen Yahoo

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by alexgmacdonald Thu 29 Mar 2012, 8:12 pm

martyr_94 wrote:First time in a long time I've genuinely been exited about a Blues game Very Happy Welsh stars are back, and attacking back line with Sweeney at 10 instead of Parks (Not much to cheer about but its a start) with Henson on the bench covering 10. Does that signal he will stay at the Blues next season, or is it because of injuries, hopefully he gets a good 20 mins at fly half. If Blues can't perform with that team then they never will. If they can put in a good performance and gain a bit of confidence going into the 1/4 with Leinster, as Osprey's showed last Friday, who knows what could happen Yahoo

You make it sound like its an easy game for Cardiff Wink I remember Glasgow got a bonus point last time we played Wink

alexgmacdonald

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Thu 29 Mar 2012, 9:40 pm

alexgmacdonald wrote:
martyr_94 wrote:First time in a long time I've genuinely been exited about a Blues game Very Happy Welsh stars are back, and attacking back line with Sweeney at 10 instead of Parks (Not much to cheer about but its a start) with Henson on the bench covering 10. Does that signal he will stay at the Blues next season, or is it because of injuries, hopefully he gets a good 20 mins at fly half. If Blues can't perform with that team then they never will. If they can put in a good performance and gain a bit of confidence going into the 1/4 with Leinster, as Osprey's showed last Friday, who knows what could happen Yahoo

You make it sound like its an easy game for Cardiff Wink I remember Glasgow got a bonus point last time we played Wink

If that's the way its coming across then that wasn't the way I intended thumbsup

Juts after the dreadful performances recently of the Blues its nice to see that they have the best back line they could put out with Henson on the bench and Parks nowhere to be seen. There's a reason why Glasgow occupy that 4th spot, and they are unbeaten since January, I just want the Blue to put in a solid performance, actually play some fast flowing rugby and throw the ball about for once. I still wouldn't be at all surprised if Glasgow beat the Blues, especially with the Glasgow front five. thumbsup

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 29 Mar 2012, 9:51 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Thu 29 Mar 2012, 10:07 pm

Its upfront where the blues could struggle badly but that backline is awesome except for sweeney - hope he doesnt have any brain farts as u can b lethal from everywhere else in the backs

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by alexgmacdonald Thu 29 Mar 2012, 11:08 pm

martyr_94 wrote:
alexgmacdonald wrote:

If that's the way its coming across then that wasn't the way I intended thumbsup

Juts after the dreadful performances recently of the Blues its nice to see that they have the best back line they could put out with Henson on the bench and Parks nowhere to be seen. There's a reason why Glasgow occupy that 4th spot, and they are unbeaten since January, I just want the Blue to put in a solid performance, actually play some fast flowing rugby and throw the ball about for once. I still wouldn't be at all surprised if Glasgow beat the Blues, especially with the Glasgow front five. thumbsup

Well thats not a problem. I'd love to see both teams play flowing attacking rugby but thats not usually what happens at Firhill because of the tight pitch. We close down teams and squeeze until they start giving penalties. I wouldnt expect try bonus points but a tight, gritty affair which could eventually come down to the kicking prowess of Weir and Halfpenny.

alexgmacdonald

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 30 Mar 2012, 8:57 am

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:Eh?
This one: https://www.606v2.com/t26812-glasgow-warriors-team-to-play-cardiff-blues OK

Ah! That's not the one you flagged up!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 30 Mar 2012, 8:58 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:
AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:Eh?
This one: https://www.606v2.com/t26812-glasgow-warriors-team-to-play-cardiff-blues OK

Ah! That's not the one you flagged up!
I was tricksying you! Wink

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 30 Mar 2012, 2:16 pm

Come on Glasgow - absolutely must win game. Morrison and Dunbar are going to have to muscle up against that Blues back division, and we mustn't allow Cuthbert room to roam from his wing.

Surprised Richie Gray is on the bench, but there's some big impact on that Glasgow bench should the game be close on 60 minutes.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Mar 2012, 2:26 pm

Late change for the Blues, Rush won't be playing, his partner has just had a baby. Don't know who the replacement is though sorry.

Back to top Go down

Post by Manky-Flanker Fri 30 Mar 2012, 2:27 pm

Was just about to say, he's one of the dangermen Glasgow will have to watch out for.

Manky-Flanker

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 30 Mar 2012, 2:30 pm

I'm really surprised Parks isn't starting - he knows Firhill better than anyone else and you aren't going to run rings around Glasgow on that pitch. Saying that, 1/2P has a big boot on him on the small pitch for kicking goals!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Fri 30 Mar 2012, 4:03 pm

Apparently that tube Dodson is going tonight - prepare for a verbal doing Mr Weenie Dodson !

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri 30 Mar 2012, 6:25 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:Late change for the Blues, Rush won't be playing, his partner has just had a baby. Don't know who the replacement is though sorry.

Well, we have a hooker deputising in the backrow replacement slot! Shocked

We dont have any backrow players left.

I hope they brought Hamilton along with them from the academy.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri 30 Mar 2012, 6:29 pm

McCauley Cook the 2nd row will be playing 6 (Molitika at 8) - Im assuming Cory Hill will move to the bench.

I really hope we dont have these injuries next week in Leinster.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Fri 30 Mar 2012, 7:41 pm

F me that's a crap forward pack

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Fri 30 Mar 2012, 7:43 pm

Is it my TV or is the picture quality very poor ? it seems out of focus.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 30 Mar 2012, 7:44 pm

Good chase from Roberts.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Fri 30 Mar 2012, 7:45 pm

Blues scrum got munched there but they manage to keep hold of the ball

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 30 Mar 2012, 7:45 pm

The blues winning the territory battle
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 30 Mar 2012, 7:49 pm

Yeah that was forward
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 30 Mar 2012, 7:53 pm

What a waste from Glasgow Sad
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 30 Mar 2012, 7:55 pm

Jeebus, is that a try?

Shocking scrum from the Blues
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Fri 30 Mar 2012, 7:55 pm

White line fever

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 30 Mar 2012, 7:55 pm

It is a try
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 30 Mar 2012, 7:56 pm

That is an absolutely shocking scrum from the Blues...
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Fri 30 Mar 2012, 7:56 pm

Try!

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri 30 Mar 2012, 7:56 pm

Blues forwards are being destroyed - the backs havent been able to put together 2 phases yet (I actually can't remember 2 phases together)
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri 30 Mar 2012, 7:58 pm

Surprise surprise - Sweeney is having a mare

Shanks makes a good point - Laulaula hasn't had the ball yet.

Almost another try for Glasgow - Oh well, its a Blues scrum anyway - 5pts for Glasgow.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next