The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your worst footballing moment

+2
Nay
Good Golly I'm Olly
6 posters

Go down

Your worst footballing moment Empty Your worst footballing moment

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 30 Mar 2012, 9:41 pm

Simple really, please don't be afraid to let it all out. Were all friends here Wink

Mine is when we had scored to make it 1-0 away against the league leaders with 5 minutes left. From kick off they punted it forward, I came out to catch it, the ball bounced over my head and in. We lost 2-1 Sad Sad
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Your worst footballing moment Empty Re: Your worst footballing moment

Post by Nay Fri 30 Mar 2012, 9:46 pm

I once got dragged off at half time and the whole half time team talk was the coach shouting at me for a horrific performance

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Fri 30 Mar 2012, 10:26 pm

I've only played 6-a-side, on half a full size pitch, in my adult years but there's plenty that can go wrong. If you're not familiar with the rules only the goalies are allowed in the area, and can't come out of it either.

I play defence for my team and we won the league in our first three seasons, in our second season we'd already won the league with two games left and were going for an 18 game 100% winning season.

Our next game was the bottom team and we were taking it slower than a Serie A side. At 1-0 up in the last minute I was the last man back as the other four outfielders were looking to tie up the 2nd and game sealing goal the other teams keeper made a great save and held on, he instantly rolled it to a defender who hoofed it in my direction with an attacker about 25 yards from me I casually back pedalled into the path of the ball with intention of doing a back header to our keeper, I do this 10 times a week in matches and it always lands safely in our keepers arms, this time I tripped over backwards and still tried to get anything on the ball. It grazed my head and the other teams attacker scored and ruined our perfect season.

In retrospect it would have bounced to our keeper untouched. It's been 2 years now and I'm still the butt of jokes and my teammates annoyance at missing out on the feat. I haven't miss timed a header or any kind of back pass since though.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Mar 2012, 10:34 pm

Years ago I played for Banbury Town under 18's who were by a million miles the worst side to ever grace a football field.

Anyway we were playing away to the second worst side that had ever graced a football field and about ten minutes into the match the referee whistled informing our manager that we had 12 players on the pitch and instructed our gaffer to take one of us off.

Who left the field of play?....

You guessed it. Dear old Freek.

I wasn't washing the kit that week!

Back to top Go down

Post by lorus59 Tue 03 Apr 2012, 4:11 pm

I used to play in a charity Sunday league for local companies. We played a league schedule and we also had a cup competition. Now, as all the games were held on a Sunday morning we often had many "no- shows" due to too much drinking on Saturday night. At that time I just loved playing football and I turned up for every game no matter what. Anyway, this year we got to the cup final and I had scored the second goal in a 2-1 semi-final win. Because it was the final, the match was played at an Irish league ground which was a big step up from the pitches we were used to playing on. On the big day every player who had ever played for us turned up and I was relegated to the subs bench. I was not a happy bunny since I had being possibly the most dedicated player and these glory hunters got in ahead of me. I did come on near the end of normal time but we lost to a last minute extra time winner 1-0. I really didn't care.

lorus59

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 03 Apr 2012, 4:20 pm

On my debut playing football (I was about 9 or 10 I think) I came on as a sub and my first action was to pick the ball up because I thought it had gone for a throw. It hadn't. Not even nearly.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Sun 08 Apr 2012, 6:59 pm

5 a side - losing 32-0 in a 30 minute game, being the keeper and seeing no defense in front of you and wave after wave of attack. Could have been 50 and i'm not even joking.

11 a side probably 1 between 2 things; either playing RB and playing the ball back but the grass was a bit long so I badly undercooked the pass and their striker nipped in and intercepted the pass and scored, we lost 1-0. Or playing in goal shout to come out to kick the ball my defender doesn't hear me and attempts to pass it back to me as he hasn't looked up the angle ive gone at to clear it the ball spoons off the outside of my foot and into the path of the on coming striker.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down