The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season 2 Feedback/ Ideas/Sign up for Season 3

+9
sodhat
Good Golly I'm Olly
Bull
TwisT
The_Enigma
Gregers
Fernando
Marky
ncfc_Tooze
13 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Season 2 Feedback/ Ideas/Sign up for Season 3 Empty Season 2 Feedback/ Ideas/Sign up for Season 3

Post by ncfc_Tooze Sat 31 Mar 2012, 11:15 am

Please give us any feedback from this season
Also if you have any ideas for season 3 please post them here. All Ideas will be considered by myself and YI OK

Confirmed for Season 3: Need atleast 12 before we can start thumbsup
1) Tooze
2) ollyrules/ Mrs T
3)The_Enigma
4) Sainty
5)Marky/ Electric Demon
6)sodhat
7)Uryu Ishida
8) Fernando - Willing just to be a runner if another person would like to join
9) Nay/Cactus Jack - Potentially due to exams/teaming together
10) Gregers
11) Adam D (Hobo)
12) Blue Dragon

Reserve List
Zoot
Bull

Last edited by ncfc_Tooze on Tue 03 Apr 2012, 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Season 2 Feedback/ Ideas/Sign up for Season 3 Empty Re: Season 2 Feedback/ Ideas/Sign up for Season 3

Post by Marky Sat 31 Mar 2012, 12:14 pm

I think if the deadline for shows is a Saturday rather than a Friday, it gives people the chance to write their show when they're busy during the week.

I'd also suggest voting remains on a Monday with consequences for not voting unless you've given notice to not voting in advance. It's not like many people read and vote on a Saturday anyway, Sunday's and Mondays for most anyway.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Season 2 Feedback/ Ideas/Sign up for Season 3 Empty Re: Season 2 Feedback/ Ideas/Sign up for Season 3

Post by Fernando Sat 31 Mar 2012, 2:13 pm

What about thursday - Sunday tactics and Monday to Wednesday voting?

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Sat 31 Mar 2012, 3:59 pm

fernando wrote:What about thursday - Sunday tactics and Monday to Wednesday voting?

I don't think there's anything wrong with Monday - Saturday tactics and Sunday - Monday voting TBH. Maybe Tuesday - Saturday for tactics and Sunday - Tuesday for voting.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sat 31 Mar 2012, 4:02 pm

Gav just an idea ,how about introducing jokers into the WWA. You get two
jokers per season (one for either side of the first ppv)

The
joker can be used to make a show have no injuries for that week, get a
wrestler Frome foreigns for less money or to submit a show on the
Saturday rather than Friday

As you only get two jokers it means
you have to use them tactically as using one to get someone in might
mean you can't bypass an essential injury etc.

Thoughts?

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Sun 01 Apr 2012, 2:54 pm

I'd just to add on from what's already been said really.

Injuries & Offers go out on a Wednesday (Around Midayish)
Tactics Have to be posted by Sunday 11:59pm
Voting has to be sent in by Wednesday at 12:00pm Cut Off

I just think more guys will be able to get their shows in on time if they get a bit more free time at weekends rather than a busy working week.

I think that roster's/leagues/fixtures should be posted at most a week before the first tactics are submitted to try and encourage people and to keep their interests in WWA instead of waiting weeks to submit the first show. (I just don't want to see people dropping out again mid/towards the end of the season)

From there I'd like to see injuries alternate with 1 every odd week and 2 injuries on a even week with non at all for PPV's.

I'd also like to see the prices for legends to increase like back in season 1 this might bring down the inflated prices of the normall guys already included into the show.

Apart from that perhaps the length of tactics need to be viewed again.I think bullet points work but perhaps a cap on how many points and how many lines are included in each bullet point ( I know I'm guilty of this at times) The same also goes for promo's & segments.

There needs to be a strict approach heading into season 3 with people actually meeting the set deadlines. I really get that sometimes real things get in the way and people are busy because It happens to me but it seems to be every single week where as other guys almost always get their shows in on time.

Apart from these small points I rather enjoy WWA on the whole and hope to see all if not most of you guys back for Season 3!

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Apr 2012, 3:01 pm

So you're saying that people have to put all their commitments on the shelf for this then? Great suggestion. clap

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Sun 01 Apr 2012, 3:04 pm

Sainty wrote:So you're saying that people have to put all their commitments on the shelf for this then? Great suggestion. clap

There's meeting a deadline, and then there's taking the micky. OK

I'm not saying that people have to through aside their commitments because I have them myself, sometimes I struggle to get my show in by the deadline but i do most of the time. I just think other people bend the rules more than others and a stricter approach should be introduced next season warning

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Apr 2012, 3:59 pm

Well, speaking from my personal circumstances, it's difficult to always meet the deadlines, what with having University work, 2 jobs and other commitments. I don't see it as me "taking the micky", more me being courteous enough to inform of circumstantial restraint.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Sun 01 Apr 2012, 4:16 pm

I'm only calling it how I see it, as the season as gone on people are leaving it longer & longer to post their tactics. No matter what the circumstances they are facts

I've given my suggestions & feedback. Instead of trying to pick out minor points of my post why don't you make suggestions to try and work around the problems you see with it. I've made my suggestions to try and perhaps help out by getting the deadlines moved to Sunday so it gives people the time at weekends to try and get tactics in on time, it would help me out a lot more and make things eaiser for me

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Sun 01 Apr 2012, 4:18 pm

courteous enough to inform of circumstantial restraint.

Translation: I'm telling you i'm too busy.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Apr 2012, 6:44 pm

The issue being: Tactics.

Its still taking far too long to write a show which is why there are delays to posting tactics because not everyone has 3 or 4 hours on a night or at a weekend to write a show. Tactics should take no more than half an hour maximum. Poor Gregers was posting updates on the chat box on Friday night and he was spending at least 4 hours on it!

I want tactics to be seriously reduced next season (I tried this season with bullet points but it hasn't worked)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Apr 2012, 6:47 pm

Gav wrote:The issue being: Tactics.

Its still taking far too long to write a show which is why there are delays to posting tactics because not everyone has 3 or 4 hours on a night or at a weekend to write a show. Tactics should take no more than half an hour maximum. Poor Gregers was posting updates on the chat box on Friday night and he was spending at least 4 hours on it!

I want tactics to be seriously reduced next season (I tried this season with bullet points but it hasn't worked)

+1

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Mon 02 Apr 2012, 12:52 pm

I agree Gav, and I said this at the start when I put on my reasons that tactics were too long. I got shouted down because, back then, people WANTED to write more.

It has tailed off as the season has progressed and interest has waned.

There is an art to getting all that you want to say in your show condensed. People went far too far (and waffled on occasion), simply because at that time they were enjoying it.

Bullet point system needs to come back AND be enforced. I am sure come week 1 of season 3, people will get excited again and shows will be of a great length. That needs to be nipped in the bud straight away.

As for deadlines, making the deadline Saturday for tactics and Monday for results is fine by me.....

I will say this though. If you know tactics/results will be late, for whatever reason, then you need to tell the league runner AND the fed you are up against. It is common courtesy. If you don't do these things, then it will be assumed you are not taking part that week and the other fed will get the automatic win.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Mon 02 Apr 2012, 10:02 pm

Again I'd agree with the length of tatcis. The bullet points do work but there should be a cap on how many sentances/lines can be used within a bulletpoint, that should be made clear.

On a minor note, is it worth addressing how many gimmick matches GM's can use during a week show & how many during a PPV? I also think the same regarding championship matches and how oftern they can be defended on week shows

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Apr 2012, 6:00 pm

Twists PPV tactics are exactly how I want the tactics to be in season 3:

https://www.606v2.com/t22146p50-tactics-submission-season-2#1109323

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 03 Apr 2012, 6:45 pm

The_Enigma wrote:On a minor note, is it worth addressing how many gimmick matches GM's can use during a week show & how many during a PPV? I also think the same regarding championship matches and how oftern they can be defended on week shows

I think this should be left alone, bearing in mind if a fed has gimmick matches on a weekly basis then it will eventually be marked down for lack of creativity (at least by me). I don't think there should be a limit, as it smacks of creative control.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Apr 2012, 6:47 pm

Yeh, I dont really want to mess with match styles and how many championship matches there are.

The main issue is tactics, if we can nail that first, then its a start and we can work on other possible things, like the joker cards etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 03 Apr 2012, 6:47 pm

Gav wrote:The issue being: Tactics.

I was watching a film at the time and had writers block for about an hour!

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Apr 2012, 6:51 pm

get back in your box Gregers Wink

Have a look at Twists PPV he posted today people, are we ok with tactics being like that? As long as a description of the match is given it saves having to write out who does what move during it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 03 Apr 2012, 6:54 pm

I actually think Twists are a touch short, I like the max 10 bullet points (and if a bullet point = a line) then IMO that should still be the upper limit

Obviously squash matches don't need that sort of amount but for a ppv main event and/or big matches on the weekly shows I don't see why if you want to write more you shouldn't be allowed too.

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Apr 2012, 6:55 pm

People are getting marked down because of lack of detail compare to others. Thats the problem. (and also I for one dont have time to write 10 lines per match)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 03 Apr 2012, 6:58 pm

In which case I don't think that you should get marked down for lack of detail, the challenge is getting across what happens in the match. Some matches need more detail than others.

Maybe min 2 bullet points per match, max 6 on weekly shows for normal match, max 8 for title match. On ppv min 3 bullet points and max 10? That would work

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 03 Apr 2012, 7:02 pm

I don't think it's as simple as putting a limit on how many lines, as if it will solve the problem.

Some matches need 5 lines to get the point across, some need 15 to get the point across. As long as there's a healthy balance and everyone is aware that too much information can cost you points then why have a set limit?

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 03 Apr 2012, 7:05 pm

i like the way Twists is IMO

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Apr 2012, 7:07 pm

From feedback today:

Enjoyed reading Tooze's show this week. A lot more detail and it really helped sell the show.

Sainty put across exactly what was needed to get the points over on what happened, but more detail helped sell Tooze's show more?
I dont want to start off a feedback war, but that is just an example that the length of some shows compared to others can affect results.

If its split and some are happy to write a full show, then they must be judged on the same basis as say for example, Twists PPV he posted today.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 03 Apr 2012, 7:15 pm

Gav wrote:From feedback today:

Enjoyed reading Tooze's show this week. A lot more detail and it really helped sell the show.

Sainty put across exactly what was needed to get the points over on what happened, but more detail helped sell Tooze's show more?
I dont want to start off a feedback war, but that is just an example that the length of some shows compared to others can affect results.

If its split and some are happy to write a full show, then they must be judged on the same basis as say for example, Twists PPV he posted today.

I didn't write feedback for that fixture, but I want to say that there's a difference between having more detail, and having a longer show.

As Twist said, it's an art to get the details across in minimal words. If Tooze has more detail it doesn't automatically mean it's significantly longer.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 03 Apr 2012, 7:16 pm

TheBrahmaBull wrote:i like the way Twists is IMO

I liked the end of Twist's PPV.

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Apr 2012, 7:19 pm

If a match is:

A great back n forth match with neither man getting the upper hand until Rock hits a spinebuster. Rock dominates until Austin hits a stunner out of no where but Rock powers back and hits a rock bottom for the pin.

Would you guys mark that the same as if its 10 bullet points saying what happened in the back n forth and how Rock dominated detailing the moves he hit?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Tue 03 Apr 2012, 7:51 pm

Gav wrote:From feedback today:

That quote was taken from my feedback. The clear this up, I never gave Sainty any feedback on his show due to the fact that I had finished my votes & feedback before his show had even been posted on the Monday Night, otherwise I would have changed what I had wrote if his show had been posted on time or before I had written the feedback. It's nothing against him I just couldn't provide feedback if his show wasn't there at the time

As for Tactics, I'd agree with with Gregers, I like to post a little detail detail on the match. Perhaps a max of 5 bullet points with a max of each 3 lines per point would be enough to get across a match in good detail?

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Apr 2012, 7:52 pm

Thats 15 lines per match though.
I for one wont be writing that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Apr 2012, 9:17 pm

My show went up Sunday afternoon, this had been cleared with Gav.

Many thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Apr 2012, 9:23 pm

Gav wrote:If a match is:

A great back n forth match with neither man getting the upper hand until Rock hits a spinebuster. Rock dominates until Austin hits a stunner out of no where but Rock powers back and hits a rock bottom for the pin.

Would you guys mark that the same as if its 5 bullet points saying what happened in the back n forth and how Rock dominated detailing the moves he hit?

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 03 Apr 2012, 9:45 pm

I will join season 3 Very Happy

(if thats ok?)
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Apr 2012, 9:57 pm

Welcome aboard Olly OK

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Apr 2012, 9:58 pm

can season 3 confirmees please sign up on this thread also

Cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 03 Apr 2012, 9:59 pm

I shall be the new whipping boy of this league as well Very Happy
or jobber shall i say Wink
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Tue 03 Apr 2012, 10:03 pm

Im in for season 3, if you will have me Laugh

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 03 Apr 2012, 10:35 pm

When is season 3 starting, got finals in may so probably shouldn't...

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Tue 03 Apr 2012, 10:38 pm

Welcome Olly OK Stick around here for the next week or 2 mate, Season 3 will be starting real soon

As for season 3, I don't know if i like the direction that WWA is heading there needs to be some kind of middle ground with regards to tactics. If it's just a quick sentence about each match-up then I'll not be returning. I'm going to wait & see what the final outcome is for the rules for next season before I make a full decision.

Oh, BTW, Excellent PPV Gregers clap Great Job!

Really need to start writting mine up now!

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 03 Apr 2012, 10:40 pm

Cheers Enigma OK i shall be keeping my eye on how things work and pick up some tips hopefully
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Apr 2012, 10:45 pm

I'll be back!

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed 04 Apr 2012, 1:35 am

I'm in for Season 3.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 04 Apr 2012, 8:58 am

Hey guys...may take a break from next season. See how things go.

I want to fully particapate in 6WF, and try and do as much as possible on the forum.

Glad people like my PPV....although short, I didn't really see the need to go to any great lengths.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 04 Apr 2012, 9:00 am

I'd participate in this if there was still space?

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Apr 2012, 9:04 am

I'm not going to be in next season with it clashing with A2 Summer exams.

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 04 Apr 2012, 9:06 am

Oh and my suggestion for Tactics is simple. Word Limit. Easy to do.

1. Most people use word anyway to type it up before posting, so they can do word count.

2. You can check how many words used, by just copy/pasting results into word and word counting it, so easy to check for runners.

3. You can use the limit to however you see fit, as long as it under a set figure.

My PPV was 560 words. So say 750 for shows and 1200 for PPV's?

Clear, easy and simple to check. No arguements then about lack of detail.

Good idea?

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed 04 Apr 2012, 9:07 am

not every one has time though to do a 1200 PPV so i cant see it working

The Great One might be in but depends on length of shows.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 04 Apr 2012, 9:23 am

TheBrahmaBull wrote:not every one has time though to do a 1200 PPV so i cant see it working

The Great One might be in but depends on length of shows.

Bull, pretty much all the PPV's posted, were well over 1200 words.

Oh and your week 8 show was 1222 words Laugh

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed 04 Apr 2012, 9:29 am

yeah but thats now , i wont have time to do things that long after April.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next