The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Judo techniques to clear rucks.

4 posters

Go down

Judo techniques to clear rucks. Empty Judo techniques to clear rucks.

Post by Biltong Tue 03 Apr 2012, 11:13 am

There has been some debates as to whether judo techniques are illegal to use when clearing a ruck, just to enlighten those who weren’t aware of it, it is actually techniques used on a daily basis by technical coaches to teach professional teams.

Here are video clips that shows how professional teams use Judo as a discipline to train clearing rucks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XB8sBSlB2E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yzge8Hs1TN8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ3GaS4W18k&feature=related
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Judo techniques to clear rucks. Empty Re: Judo techniques to clear rucks.

Post by bluestonevedder Tue 03 Apr 2012, 11:25 am

I've got no problem with these techniques at all. They're incredibly effective and I think adding extra skill sets from other sports actually adds to the enjoyment of the game from a spectators point of view. What I do have a problem with is the fact that all teams seem to now be going for the neck, rather than binding around the shoulder and twisting. Every team in the 6 Nations was doing it, and to me, that goes beyond the necessary force required. I've been a victim of this 'neck rucking' and it's the most uncomfortable feeling in the world. literally feeling as if your neck is going to snap, and being bent backwards against the rest of your body. Stupid in my opinion, and it might take a serious injury to a player for everyone to see.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 03 Apr 2012, 11:28 am

What I do have a problem with is the fact that all teams seem to now be going for the neck, rather than binding around the shoulder and twisting

I agree, as a sport judo techniques in itself are not dangerous, referees need to be educated to assess when a judo technique is executed incorrectly and when the tactic can be construed as dangerous.

Problem once again, that just adds to an already ambiguous situation.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Tue 03 Apr 2012, 11:36 am

Absolutely Biltong. The only saving grace is that I think it's easier to deem when a judo move is dangerous, compared to other ambiguous things such as a scrum collapsing.

Not a lot makes me wince, but some of the neck pulling and twisting does.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 03 Apr 2012, 11:38 am

thumbsup
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by damage_13 Tue 03 Apr 2012, 12:13 pm

Judo uses the Gi to throw, a more accurate comparison is Aikido which uses body joints and balance for leverage, especially against bigger opponents.

Anyway, BluestoneV makes the point I tired to make in the Ferris crybaby thread, in that any clearing by use of the neck or head that is considered 'risky' or 'dangerous' should be red-carded.

I saw one particularly brutal example in the Irish/English match by an Irish player that should've been a red card anyway.

damage_13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Apr 2012, 12:30 pm

Jerry Collins liked to watch WWE and suplex players when he played for the Ospreys, surprised he never got pinged for it

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue 03 Apr 2012, 1:01 pm

bluestonevedder wrote:I've got no problem with these techniques at all. They're incredibly effective and I think adding extra skill sets from other sports actually adds to the enjoyment of the game from a spectators point of view. What I do have a problem with is the fact that all teams seem to now be going for the neck, rather than binding around the shoulder and twisting. Every team in the 6 Nations was doing it, and to me, that goes beyond the necessary force required. I've been a victim of this 'neck rucking' and it's the most uncomfortable feeling in the world. literally feeling as if your neck is going to snap, and being bent backwards against the rest of your body. Stupid in my opinion, and it might take a serious injury to a player for everyone to see.

+1
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down