The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Djokovic The GOAT - Definitive Proof

5 posters

Go down

Djokovic The GOAT - Definitive Proof Empty Djokovic The GOAT - Definitive Proof

Post by HM Murdock Wed 04 Apr 2012, 5:47 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSNWiiCPF6s

This is a clip from a forthcoming documentary called 'The Expendables 2', directed by the renowned philosopher and diplomat Sylvester Stallone.

In it we see Djokovic use a tennis racquet to take out three(!) terrorists armed with machine guns.

This, in my opinion, proves he is the GOAT because:

- even allowing for advances in racquet technology, I don't think Laver could have done this.

- Sampras couldn't have done it on clay.

- Federer's SHBH is vulnerable to heavy weapons fire.

Case closed!

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Djokovic The GOAT - Definitive Proof Empty Re: Djokovic The GOAT - Definitive Proof

Post by socal1976 Wed 04 Apr 2012, 8:12 pm

I recommend everyone takes a look at the full interview on 60 minutes interview with Novak. 60 minutes doesn't usually do shows on sports stars and then especially non-American sports stars. I think this is good evidence that if Novak keeps it up that he will have the level of fan support that a player of his calibre should attain.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Djokovic The GOAT - Definitive Proof Empty Re: Djokovic The GOAT - Definitive Proof

Post by bogbrush Wed 04 Apr 2012, 8:19 pm

Not with that haircut and a repetitive game he won't. Retrievers have never been the darlings of the people.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Wed 04 Apr 2012, 8:35 pm

Ok Bjorn Bjorg and Rafa Nadal seem to dispute your theory there bb. Despite all of your guys ranting Nadal does have big appeal and marketing clout. And Bjorg was the biggest superstar in the sport for years and his game was based on retrieving. By the way I disagree that Novak's style is based on retrieving, his court positioning and aggressive returns shows that he is more of a power baseliner type of player than a grinder.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed 04 Apr 2012, 8:36 pm

Bjorn and Rafa have charisma and great hair. You never read posts properly.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Wed 04 Apr 2012, 8:40 pm

Ok BB, Ill get a referral for a hairdressers from you and forward it on to the Novak camp so that they can address this fatal flaw in his marketing appeal. I am always glad when you remind how insane my attempts are to have a rational conversation with you. Please drop me a line again when Dr. Leary leaves.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed 04 Apr 2012, 8:43 pm

You're trying to suggest that the way Borg and Nadal look didn't influence their appeal? All those crowds of screaming girls?

Oh ok, let's just pretend that Nole has the same effect, that should cheer you up.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Wed 04 Apr 2012, 8:45 pm

Ok I agree lets get him into a tanning booth and make his hair long and flowing. I actually don't think it is that bad of an idea. In fact might be the most sense you have ever made. Although I do have to say you aren't jumping a very high bar there.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed 04 Apr 2012, 8:52 pm

Sadly Nole scores 1/10 on the charisma scale. A tan won't do it, sorry. A good wig may cheat a point but I wouldn't bother, as he realises for himself.

Borg was a great and a perfect charismatic 10. I don't like Nadal but he's a solid 10 for charisma too.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Chydremion Wed 04 Apr 2012, 9:01 pm

bogbrush wrote:Sadly Nole scores 1/10 on the charisma scale. A tan won't do it, sorry. A good wig may cheat a point but I wouldn't bother, as he realises for himself.

Borg was a great and a perfect charismatic 10. I don't like Nadal but he's a solid 10 for charisma too.

So when your sentences on average contain 2-3 words, with in Nadal's case at least one not properly pronounced, you are considered charismatic?

O wait, yes, they have great hair. Now I get it. Great hair = charismatic.

Chydremion

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed 04 Apr 2012, 9:04 pm

Chydremion wrote:
bogbrush wrote:Sadly Nole scores 1/10 on the charisma scale. A tan won't do it, sorry. A good wig may cheat a point but I wouldn't bother, as he realises for himself.

So when your sentences on average contain 2-3 words, with in Nadal's case at least one not properly pronounced, you are considered charismatic?

O wait, yes, they have great hair. Now I get it. Great hair = charismatic.
He's certainly not my cup of tea but only someone in denial would pretend that Nadal doesnt have the X factor.

Or did I imagine his gigantic Global following of young and *ahem* not so young ladies?
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Chydremion Wed 04 Apr 2012, 9:08 pm

I guess many people (especially women) find Nadal attractive or even hot, and that explains his popularity. In that case his looks are his X factor. But for me great looks is not the same as charisma.

Chydremion

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed 04 Apr 2012, 9:12 pm

It's hard not to like Novak.

His game is exciting, ball-striking breath-taking and ballsy, movement electric.

Better looking than the rest of top 4 put together.

Warm, charming, intelligent, classy and genuine.

I can see that he's too much for those who are used to the PR-ed "class", "humbleness" & the rest.

Each to his own. The fact that a few loud individuals here bleat against him with all their might, won't change a thing. Media have been rolling anti-Novak propaganda for a long time.

His path has always been very difficult which is why all his victories are even sweeter.

A lot of people are not happy with him toppling over Nadal and that the win in RG will outshine individual achievements of Fedal. Tough!

Last edited by noleisthebest on Wed 04 Apr 2012, 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdock Wed 04 Apr 2012, 9:16 pm

Bogbrush, I can only assume there is a large dose of socal-baiting in your comments!

Good hair? Really? Didn't seem to hold Agassi back! (and that can be a mullet reference or a bald reference, take your pick!)

I actually consider Novak quite charismatic. As for Nadal, I think there is a fine line between "charismatic" and "a bit odd" which he crosses fairly frequently.

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed 04 Apr 2012, 9:33 pm

'good hair' is shorthand for vacuous image.

Check out this

http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/1993-10-12/
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down