The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where should the french GP be hold?

+2
laughinggasman
Fernando
6 posters

Go down

Where should the french GP be hold?

Where should the french GP be hold? Vote_lcap80%Where should the french GP be hold? Vote_rcap 80% 
[ 4 ]
Where should the french GP be hold? Vote_lcap20%Where should the french GP be hold? Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 5

Where should the french GP be hold? Empty Where should the french GP be hold?

Post by Fernando Fri 06 Apr 2012, 3:44 pm

Amid France's push to return to the F1 calendar, it appears Magny Cours is not yet out of the game.

Prime minister Francois Fillon, however, has earmarked Paul Ricard - the well-known test circuit at Le Castallet near Marseille - as the host.

But it was Magny Cours that hosted the French grand prix between 1991 and 2008.

The local Nievre department's president Patrice Joly last week accused Fillon of "bias in favour of Le Castellet" for the 2013 deal.

He said Magny Cours has "all the facilities, infrastructure and expertise needed to organise such an event".

Championing Magny Cours' renewed push to host the 2013 French grand prix is Guy Ligier, the now 81-year-old Frenchman who once had his own formula one team based at the circuit.

"I am trying to lend a hand," he confirmed to the sports daily L'Equipe.

Source: Motorsport.com

"I have had Bernie (Ecclestone) on the phone several times, as a friend, and have asked for his advice. We talked about the hotel business around (Magny Cours).

"He said to me, 'Guy, I know you're in the know.'

"I have a feeling that Bernie is not going to sign anything before he knows the outcome of the presidential election.

"I'll tell you honestly what I feel: nothing is lost for Magny Cours," added Ligier.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Where should the french GP be hold? Empty Re: Where should the french GP be hold?

Post by laughinggasman Fri 06 Apr 2012, 6:10 pm

Magny Cours was a terrible venue, very, very dull. It has to be Paul Ricard unless there is an alternative

laughinggasman

Back to top Go down

Where should the french GP be hold? Empty Re: Where should the french GP be hold?

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Sun 08 Apr 2012, 5:20 pm

Alternative... Imola.
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 09 Apr 2012, 1:53 pm

Alessandro Ciambella wrote:Alternative... Imola.
Laugh

Personally I'd scrap Valencia and move that race to Imola.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Tue 10 Apr 2012, 1:27 pm

Agreed Valencia for Imola - Imola is an excellent track.

I loved Magny cours, but am too young to rmember what the last GP was like at Paul Ricard.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Tue 10 Apr 2012, 2:29 pm

Don't recall too many spectacular races at Magny Cours, apart from the one where Alonso chased down Schumacher and overtook him on the last lap to win (2004 or 05?)

With KERS and DRS though I reckon we could see some great races there.

Like CM Paul Ricard was before my time (at least by the time I started watching F1 it was no longer on the calendar), so I've no real opposition to it, other than how much work it would require to bring it up to modern F1 standards.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down