The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sturm v Zbik: Is this the passing of the Torch?

5 posters

Go down

Sturm v Zbik: Is this the passing of the Torch? Empty Sturm v Zbik: Is this the passing of the Torch?

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 09 Apr 2012, 2:06 pm

After a very fortunate win over Macklin and a lackluster draw v Murray. IS this the time we finally see Sturm toppled? I thought Zbik beat Chavez, being as he threw hundreds more and hit him lots more in 9 of the 12 rounds but alas, Chavez was at home so no one cared. Zbik should get a fair shake against Sturm, being as they're both Germans, so maybe this is the end of the road for Felix? Personally I see Zbik outworking him over the distance.

How do you guys see it going?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Sturm v Zbik: Is this the passing of the Torch? Empty Re: Sturm v Zbik: Is this the passing of the Torch?

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 09 Apr 2012, 2:35 pm

If its in Cologne Sturn won't lose even if he gets knocked out.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Sturm v Zbik: Is this the passing of the Torch? Empty Re: Sturm v Zbik: Is this the passing of the Torch?

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 09 Apr 2012, 2:54 pm

Even against another German? I think they are ready to cash in on Sturm tbh. Looked v poor v Murray who isn't really that good, IMO.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 09 Apr 2012, 3:17 pm

If its in Cologne then I don't think Sturm will lose. Sturm is promoted by himself not sure who Zbik is promoted by if it's Sauerland then maybe he will get the nod but I'm very doubtful.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon 09 Apr 2012, 3:29 pm

Sturm is definitely on the slide, but I don't think zbik is the guy to beat him.

I also thought that zbik beat Chavez, landed the better shots and more of them. In he end he just didn't have enough power to stop or hurt Chavez and Chavez had him in quite a bit of trouble late in the 11th.

Murray and Macklin both threw 1000+ punches over the course of their fights. Zbik won't be able to match that, and sturm hits harder and is the more skilled operator.

Golovkin, pirog, quillin and Geale would beat him outside Martinez. Zbik also hasn't fought since the Chavez fight and will be rusty from the start

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 09 Apr 2012, 3:50 pm

Why wont Zbik be able to match him? IMO he is far better than Murray, and on par with Macklin. He is also far younger that Sturm and less shopworn. What is Sturm going to be able to do to beat Zbik?

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Mon 09 Apr 2012, 3:57 pm; edited 2 times in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 09 Apr 2012, 3:52 pm

Also, Zbik threw 391 / 834 at 47% v Chavez

He can up the tempo v Sturm as he sits in a shell and does nothing for most of the time.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon 09 Apr 2012, 4:03 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:Why wont Zbik be able to match him. IMO he is far ebtter than Murray, and on par with Macklin. He is also far younger that Sturm and less shopworn. What is Sturm going to be able to do to beat Zbik?

He won't e able to match over 1000 punches. He threw 850 when he fought Chavez and that was him giving everything he had. He may match those numbers but won't beat them, especially how leggy he looked in the later parts of the Chavez fight. Sturm may invite shots, but so did The Chavez who tried to out brawl zbik. Given the inactivity too I doubt he will match it.

He isn't that young either, only 3 years separate them, and zbik has been in a few tussles.

Sturm will have faster hands than zbik also (marginally though) something he didn't have vs Macklin or Murray. Zbik would rather fight technically anyway, just what sturm wants. He only fought on the inside vs Chavez because he couldn't really keep him off.sturm has shown vs Murray and Macklin that even when pressured he can still deliver great uppercuts and straight right hands

Murray and Macklin landed less than 30% of there punches so zbik will probably have the same success rate as they did, and his lack of power will tell

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 09 Apr 2012, 4:07 pm

Damn you and your reasonable argument. No fair one. I am putting my stock in Zbik still. Mainly because Sturm is no where near what he was and unlike Chavez who must have some power at the weight, Sturm doesn't really. Poiints either way, but hopefully Zbik takes this. I think he is a much better fighter than Murray and on par with Macklin. We shall see

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon 09 Apr 2012, 6:06 pm

I would rather Macklin had. Are match a she is better than zbik and is more deserig of a shot. By his right, zbik should have got a rematch vs Chavez but I would pick this Chavez to get a legitimate win this time around

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon 09 Apr 2012, 9:04 pm

murray was very lucky to get a draw so the comments about sturm winning providing hes upright are a massie exaggeration. i think sturm is class, but unfortunately he is also lazy. expect him to win this though.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 09 Apr 2012, 9:14 pm

It's good to know I'm not thde only Sturm fan who doesn't come from Cologne. The punch output Zbik had against Chavez was forced out of him because he had to work hard to keep Chavez who is massive at 160lbs off him.

Sturm is a different story he doesn't have a high work rate. He likes a technical fight where he doesn't need to waste a lot. Zbik suits him at this time in his career. He clearly isn't what he used to be the Sturm of a few years back would have comfortably dealt with the likes of Macklin and Murray.

This will not be a war it will be technical fight and Sturm is technically the better of the 2. Fancy Strum to win on points by 4 or 5 rounds.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Tue 10 Apr 2012, 1:07 pm

May turn out to be passing of the torch but Sturm was stuck between a rock and a hard place, he had to fight Zbik or Golovkin and Zbik is far less risky
Unbeatable Georgey Groves
Unbeatable Georgey Groves

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 10 Apr 2012, 1:32 pm

Still the faith is with Sturm here. Hmmmm. I hope Zbik watched Murray and MAcklin and does the same. It's not like he isn't allowed to change his style. Murray is not a very good boxer (world stage) and he obviously saw what Macklin did, replicated it and got a draw. Zbik is better than Murray for me and hopefully he has the sense to work Sturm like the other two and get the points win.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down