The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Right Winger Choices of the Home Nations

+10
Feckless Rogue
Scoped
LordDowlais
RubyGuby
ospreysboyo
Sgt_Pooly
belovedfrosties
Golden
sugarNspikes
maestegmafia
14 posters

Go down

Right wings

Right Winger Choices of the Home Nations Vote_lcap17%Right Winger Choices of the Home Nations Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 27 ]
Right Winger Choices of the Home Nations Vote_lcap1%Right Winger Choices of the Home Nations Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 2 ]
Right Winger Choices of the Home Nations Vote_lcap14%Right Winger Choices of the Home Nations Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 22 ]
Right Winger Choices of the Home Nations Vote_lcap31%Right Winger Choices of the Home Nations Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 48 ]
Right Winger Choices of the Home Nations Vote_lcap10%Right Winger Choices of the Home Nations Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 15 ]
Right Winger Choices of the Home Nations Vote_lcap12%Right Winger Choices of the Home Nations Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 18 ]
Right Winger Choices of the Home Nations Vote_lcap15%Right Winger Choices of the Home Nations Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 24 ]

Total Votes : 156

Poll closed

Right Winger Choices of the Home Nations Empty Right Winger Choices of the Home Nations

Post by maestegmafia Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:43 am

Lets look at who the board rate as the best Right Wingers possible for the Lions next year.

Pick Two Right Wingers from the Poll below.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Right Winger Choices of the Home Nations Empty Re: Right Winger Choices of the Home Nations

Post by sugarNspikes Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:45 am

Why did you have to write 'Dutch but will be qualified for Scotland' next to Visser? Seems a bit petty.

sugarNspikes

Back to top Go down

Right Winger Choices of the Home Nations Empty Re: Right Winger Choices of the Home Nations

Post by maestegmafia Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:13 am

Wade is an exciting prospect who has looked good since his return from injury

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:56 pm

Tuilagi can play on the wing?

Bowe has probably been Irelands best player over the last 4 years. This season was not at his best but still managed top try scorer in the 6 nations. His loss is a big blow for any chance Ireland had against NZ but it will let other options get some experience.

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by belovedfrosties Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:04 pm

I went with Bowe and Ashton. Ashton is a proven finisher and we will need that on tour, I just like Bowe for his all round footballing ability. In some ways I wouldn't mind seeing them on opposite wings to see if they can work off each other like Monye did in '09. Harsh on Cuthbert but with North there as well I though we could do with mixing up the styles.

belovedfrosties

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:13 am

Bowe streets ahead here....I'd go Cuthbert as backup, Ashton in dire form lately.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:25 am

I agree sgt.

Though I am hoping young wade can prove his worth. Very exciting player.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarNspikes Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:55 am

Ashton and Bowe.

Visser has potential. We'll have to wait and see on that one.

sugarNspikes

Back to top Go down

Post by ospreysboyo Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:33 am

I dont know how anyone can suggest Ashton on current form, he just isnt there for some reason, Tommy and Cuthbert for me, Ashton has lost it. Cuthbert has been great on support play and making the hard yards, and of course most importantly scoring. Tommy was the top try scorer and is an out and out finisher, cant see past them!

ospreysboyo

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:57 am

ospreysboyo wrote:I dont know how anyone can suggest Ashton on current form, he just isnt there for some reason, Tommy and Cuthbert for me, Ashton has lost it. Cuthbert has been great on support play and making the hard yards, and of course most importantly scoring. Tommy was the top try scorer and is an out and out finisher, cant see past them!

Ashton looked great for the last two seasons but this season Many england fans seemed surprised he could hold his place in the England team.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:46 pm

Visser does not have potential!! - The guy is the finished article and a monster and for me is one step ahead of George North and remember I'm welsh. Visser is a walking block of flats with pace thumbsup

And who the feck is Christian Wade?

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:02 pm

RubyGuby wrote:Visser does not have potential!! - The guy is the finished article and a monster and for me is one step ahead of George North and remember I'm welsh. Visser is a walking block of flats with pace thumbsup

Perhaps he is the token uncapped player. Wink

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Scoped Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:22 pm

Bowe and Cuthbert on form but I would love to see Wade given a shot, that boy is electric.

Scoped

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:40 pm

Don't know if this is in any way true. But I heard a rumour that Tommy Bowe is gonna play 13 for Ulster with a view to him replacing BOD there for Ireland.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:17 pm

Feck

How old is Bowe now? I know he is a few years ODriscolls junior but not many. Not sure that would be a great solution. Also displacing Cave at Ulster, Earls at Mundter and Leinsters O'Malley...?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:32 pm

Bowe is 27 (or just turned 28?) whereas BOD is 33. That's a fair old difference.

Unless there are doubts about Cave's long term fitness or there are plans to play him at 12 after Wallace retires, I'd be surprised if Bowe will be playing 13 at Ulster next season.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:15 pm

Can't even remember where I heard that. Probably just some nonsense opinion on the radio.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:31 pm

It could be true Feckless, I'd just be very surprised. Darren cave is a key man at Ulster... but then so is Trimble and then there's young Gilroy.

Bowe will have to play somewhere.... dum dum dum.... Headscratch
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by belovedfrosties Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:54 pm

Ashton is currently out of form but if he finds it, he is streets ahead of most european wingers for finishing. Top try scorer in his first full 6 nations and then joint top in the World cup, not bad really. I think he needs a bit of a change of scenery and am hoping that moving to Sarries and being reunited with his old mate Tomkins will kickstart him again. Just hope Sarries learn to use their wingers more after what happened in the HC.

belovedfrosties

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:37 pm

Cuthbert and Bowe for me, both can be doggy in defence

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:52 am

Bowe and Visser for me - one proven at Lions level, one not but with every reason to believe he will light up the tour.

Ashton has completely vanished this season (for me) - I don't understand what's wrong.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:28 am

These look a lot better than our left wingers! Went for Bowe (has to go, can't wait to see him pick off some more magic passes from Quade Cooper) and Wade but would be happy with most of the options here
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:32 am

RubyGuby wrote:Visser does not have potential!! - The guy is the finished article and a monster and for me is one step ahead of George North and remember I'm welsh. Visser is a walking block of flats with pace thumbsup

Wasps and England u20s winger who is blindingly fast and actually quite good in terms if rugby skills too. He was injured pre 6N otherwise I am convinced he would have played instead of Strettle. Has a robinsonesque change of direction and is apparently about as easy to hold onto in the tackle as a snake made of oil and politician's promises
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:11 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YevnmeQl15M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Snr7hAfT_3Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CnvFT-JVb4
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:12 pm

He's so fast!
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down