The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dr Who

+62
king_carlos
Uryu Ishida
rIck_dAgless
Hammersmith harrier
Alistair
Dr Shoe
Azzy
nadeem2099
Marky
guildfordbat
SecretFly
Cyril
welshy824 (new)
Duty281
The Special Juan
Dolphin Ziggler
JuliusHMarx
Mad for Chelsea
MtotheC
TRUSSMAN66
Mr Bounce
Josiah Maiestas
Gregers
JDizzle
jimbryant
RinoGattuso
Skydriver
as1079
Lee
Hero
eirebilly
alfie
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
75judi
Gcass
Paul Mac 6CW
A-Darts
President Trump
JPX
Shifty
Kenny
AlexHuckerby
Irish Curry
BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM
robbo277
dyrewolfe
User Name
Crimey
Dr Gregory House MD
MR. scotland27
Chuck Norris
Mister
calamity jane
BigPhil
hibbywul
Derbyblue
Jammy31
Solerina
hodge
Enforcer
ADMIN
Adam D
66 posters

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Go down

Who is your favourite Doctor?

Dr Who - Page 16 Vote_lcap1%Dr Who - Page 16 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
Dr Who - Page 16 Vote_lcap2%Dr Who - Page 16 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
Dr Who - Page 16 Vote_lcap4%Dr Who - Page 16 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 4 ]
Dr Who - Page 16 Vote_lcap13%Dr Who - Page 16 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 12 ]
[ 2 ]
Dr Who - Page 16 Vote_lcap1%Dr Who - Page 16 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
[ 2 ]
Dr Who - Page 16 Vote_lcap0%Dr Who - Page 16 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Dr Who - Page 16 Vote_lcap9%Dr Who - Page 16 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 8 ]
Dr Who - Page 16 Vote_lcap41%Dr Who - Page 16 Vote_rcap 41% 
[ 39 ]
Dr Who - Page 16 Vote_lcap24%Dr Who - Page 16 Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 23 ]

Total Votes : 94

Dr Who - Page 16 Empty Dr Who

Post by Adam D Thu 31 Mar 2011, 3:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

Can't believe no-one has posted anything about quite possibly the greatest TV show ever made!

Well the new series is nearly upon us, and as I found this on youtube today Clicky, I thought I would start a new thread (its a new long trailer for the new series).

Feel free to talk about all of the series and doctors on here, although I would imagine that it will be predominantly made up of the reboot.

From the reboot, Matt Smith is by far my favourite. Never liked Ecclestone and although I liked Tennant, I just feel that the last lot of specials were terrible and tarnished his memory. Matt Smith plays him brilliantly and doesnt make me miss DT one bit.

So what are your opinions of this fantastic show and how good does that trailer look?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Dr Who - Page 16 Empty Re: Dr Who

Post by Soul Requiem Thu 13 Jan 2022, 10:15 am

Mr Bounce wrote:I gave up on Dr Who halfway through Capaldi's tenure. Writing was poor and although I took a look at the first two episodes of Jodie's work in the blue box, the companions were indeed too numerous and the writing (once again) not very good.

It's a shame because it was such a good series when Tennant and Smith were piloting the Tardis.

A reply almost three years late but oh well.

I quite liked Ecclestone and the first (new) series had some very good episodes. Once he announced early during the run that he was only doing one series there was no point becoming invested in his doctor.

The Tennant and Smith tenures were however brilliant. I binged the whole lot last year and the sheer volume of top quality episodes is rare in a long running show. Particular highlights were Jacobi regenerating into the John Simm master, the climax bringing in all of the companions was superb whilst the Silence was equally good. Karen Gillan as Amy Pond was the perfect companion, she played a big role but it was always clear that Matt Smiths doctor was the focus, the relationship between the two was just right, not distant but also not too emotional.

Jenna Coleman was the biggest problem with the Capaldi years, she was too prominent and overstayed her welcome by a whole series, the stories were stale and too much focus was on her, stealing the show you could say.

Soul Requiem

king_carlos and Derek Smalls like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek Smalls Thu 13 Jan 2022, 11:19 am

I saw one episode of "Flux" and it was not good.I don't think anyone understood it because it was impossible to ,it made no sense, Moffat era had plot holes too of course, but there has been something paper-thin about this era.
It's as if CC had no idea how to be a showrunner so blagged it from day one. He has imitated RTD in his second series, which was an embarrassing failure,to counter the excruciating failure of the first series!
Jodie is a good actress and a nice person, but I can't see what others see in her performance; personally, I find her irritating.
Roll on next series.

Derek Smalls
Derek Smalls

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Thu 13 Jan 2022, 6:16 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:
Mr Bounce wrote:I gave up on Dr Who halfway through Capaldi's tenure. Writing was poor and although I took a look at the first two episodes of Jodie's work in the blue box, the companions were indeed too numerous and the writing (once again) not very good.

It's a shame because it was such a good series when Tennant and Smith were piloting the Tardis.

A reply almost three years late but oh well.

I quite liked Ecclestone and the first (new) series had some very good episodes. Once he announced early during the run that he was only doing one series there was no point becoming invested in his doctor.

The Tennant and Smith tenures were however brilliant. I binged the whole lot last year and the sheer volume of top quality episodes is rare in a long running show. Particular highlights were Jacobi regenerating into the John Simm master, the climax bringing in all of the companions was superb whilst the Silence was equally good. Karen Gillan as Amy Pond was the perfect companion, she played a big role but it was always clear that Matt Smiths doctor was the focus, the relationship between the two was just right, not distant but also not too emotional.

Jenna Coleman was the biggest problem with the Capaldi years, she was too prominent and overstayed her welcome by a whole series, the stories were stale and too much focus was on her, stealing the show you could say.
A quick note for Arthur Darvill who I thought was also an excellent part of that dynamic. They just worked so naturally together. I'm delighted that Gillan's career has taken off as it has. She's an incredibly likable actress with a cracking screen presence.

Alex Kingston as River Song also added a lot to Who in Smith's tenure.

They appeared less but Madame Vastra, Jenny Flint and Strax were also a lot of fun as recurring guests in that tenure.

I think there are justifiable criticisms of how complex (can substitute convoluted depending on my mood there...) later story lines in Smith's tenure got but overall I really loved that era and he's probably my favourite Doctor. Given I got into Who in the Eccleston and Tennant eras that's quite rare as well I think. Most fans I talk to tend to view the Doctor they first fell into the show with as their favourite for understandable reasons.

king_carlos

Soul Requiem and Derek Smalls like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek Smalls Fri 01 Dec 2023, 7:55 pm

I guess everyone’s left the show behind…?
I bailed after a few 13th serials, but against my better judgement, watched the 60th. I turned it off as it had no celebration of the show only standard midrange material, but was dismayed to read about the bad-tempered hectoring that it descended into in the latter half.
Why does Davies want to give Classic fans the middle finger?
Derek Smalls
Derek Smalls

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek Smalls Fri 01 Dec 2023, 8:01 pm

nadeem2099 wrote:#bringbacksexycatherinetate
Happy now?..?
Derek Smalls
Derek Smalls

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content