The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tell us about your game today...

+51
liverbnz
MustPuttBetter
Davie
bluestonevedder
shclaff
kingraf
jimbohammers
BlueCoverman
MontysMerkin
boyhyde
gaelgowfer
I'm never wrong
Skydriver
puligny
beninho
Hemmingway
matelot golfer
drive4show
goldwolf
Humpyd
kwinigolfer
JAS
Shotrock
Roller_Coaster
Sand
SmithersJones
Slowride
Redrage
incontinentia
ralphjohn69
super_realist
Conehead
raycastleunited
oldshanker
Hibbz
Nay
number1hacker
Bob_the_Job
1GrumpyGolfer
golfermartin
Plunky
Fader
mystiroakey
dynamark
McLaren
Doon the Water
hend085
navyblueshorts
EmmDee57
4putt
barragan
55 posters

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Tell us about your game today... - Page 7 Empty Tell us about your game today...

Post by barragan Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:30 am

First topic message reminder :

Fresh thread - you know the score: share some of your tales of woe, indifference and banditry with us all.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Tell us about your game today... - Page 7 Empty Re: Tell us about your game today...

Post by dynamark Mon May 20, 2013 8:42 pm

Not my game but the ladies county championship last week which I happen to think was a tremendous effort.Friday they played 36 holes strokeplay with top 16 going through to the weekend.Our lady shot 70/73 for top spot.Then four more rounds matchplay over sat/sun,with the championship settled on the 17th in the last round our lass came 2nd despite being 3 up at one point.Another young lady made the semi prior to going to college in the states in a few weeks.The winners father bought the champers and looked round to find his daughter fast asleep in the corner of the clubhouse,six competitive rounds in 3 days great effort.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Tell us about your game today... - Page 7 Empty Re: Tell us about your game today...

Post by Sand Tue May 21, 2013 6:59 am

Nice round yesterday, 70 on the clubs 2nd course. Played excellent and missed around 5 putts less than 10 ft for birdie. Hitting ball probably best I've ever done, it's amazing how much easier the game is when hitting the fairways and greens.

Sand

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Sat May 25, 2013 1:40 am

Drafted into the scratch team last night and soundly beaten TBH other fella played pretty much level but the course was/will be superb.Rutland water all the holes on the shores of Rutland water great big inland reservoir.Fabulous views on every hole boats out all manner of wildlife and even a white barn owl out hunting as we were finishing off.Pheasant wandering about and some really clever holes,links feel gorse bushes,converted farm buildings for clubhouse ,this will be a super track in a few years.One of the most pleasant places to play golf I have ever experienced.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by Plunky Sat May 25, 2013 9:16 am

First day of golf school, and a cold and rainy day it was too ! It's amazing what you see when they video your swing and play it back in slow motion. But when we went out on the course later I parred a hole I'd never parred before, so I must be improving !

Plunky

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Sat May 25, 2013 6:11 pm

1st end singles tie last night. Haven't bothered entering in the past couple of years as previously been thumped twice by high handicappers despite playing well under handicap. Thought I'd give it a go this year and off to a good start with a 6&4 win over a 9 handicapper who never really found his game. Played solid without any birdies but some very pleasing up-and-downs. 10 pars and 4 bogeys. The guy was really good company and the course was in fantastic condition. Weather lovely, out in shorts for the second time this week looking like 3 for 3 at Lundin links today, forecast is excellent.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon May 27, 2013 10:25 pm

Frustrating game this! Medal on Saturday and up another 0.1. +6 after 7 holes and spitting nails. Proceeded to improve to the extent that walking off 15, I'm now +3 (not going to win but at least it'll be respectable) but then I fritter away a shot a hole over 16, 17 & 18 to finish +6 and up 0.1 mad.
Far too inconsistent this season so far - some great golf interspersed with some daft rubbish.
Oh well, there's always next weekend....
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Thu May 30, 2013 7:49 pm

Matches called off last evening steady rain through the day eveyrbody was at the club and we actually hit a drive up the first about 4 pm but the head greenkeeper was given the decision to make and he had a run around and effectively closed the course.It was just playable but rain forecast for the next few hours.Irony was it stopped about an hour later.The interesting thing was that his decision cost the club 48 meals(2 matches)and probably another £400 in bar sales so maybe best part of £1000.Tough call

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:39 pm

played a two day charity event this weekend. playing off a handicap of four I shot a one over par 72 and a one under par 70 to have the best score of the weekend. Unfortunately, my adjusted scores of 68 & 66 were not enough to grant me victory, as a Sunshine tour pro (who will not be named, as Im still frothing at the fact that he was allowed entrance) shot a 63 & 64 to take the win! But it was for a good cause, so Im not overly bothered.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:44 pm

So what did you get cut to kingraf?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:04 am

R1 of Club Champs yesterday. Currently sitting 2nd in Scratch. Just an average round next week should see me through to knockouts.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:27 am

Good stuff s_r, what did you score?

Our R1 is next Saturday, but even if I qualify for R2 on Sunday (top 32 go through) I've been given strict instructions to give it a miss as there are Father's day plans afoot. Looking forward to whatever the plans are, but a little bit disapointed at the timing of the date, as, after getting to the last 16 knockout stages last year I'd love to have a crack at going one better this year. Still, I'll probably shoot in the 80s on Saturday and take proceeding to R2 out of the equation anyway.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:40 am

I pulled out of our CC this Sunday for the same reason, Barra. Then found out they're coring the greens tomorrow so I'm really quite glad to be missing it.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:11 am

Coring the greens on the week of the CC ????? picard that should sort the...hmm... well, i guess the lucky ones from the not so lucky ones Rolling Eyes not the best environment to determine who will be club champ!

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:16 am

No, exactly. TBF, over on the other side LJ's been telling me how bad he found our greens last week because of the grass mix, so maybe it's a Poopie or bust thing. They haven't seemed all that bad to us but you never know.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:19 pm

The other side is where now guys?

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:24 pm

First round in a couple of months for me yesterday.

It too about 9 holes before I hit a proper golf shot. Some real horror shots in the first few holes, such as a nine iron that I must have caught about 4/5 ths of the way up the ball.

Putting was strangely ok given that I would have expected to loose all feel for the greens.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:26 pm

Where did you play mac?

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:06 pm

A local muni of course. Very Happy
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:15 pm

yeah, i guessed... but which one? Laugh

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:34 pm

The one closest to my flat.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:53 am

Ah that explains it !

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:38 am

which one is the closest to your flat?....oh forget it, this could go on for a while Laugh
so how is the braids playing then Very Happy(an educated stab in the dark)

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:44 pm

checked the post no mbe again.Wonder if lawrie will break into a smile at the palace.
Captains day today my best friend is our skip this year.Blowy couple of heavy showers came in and frankly with a bad back for two weeks I was just happy to be out there.So off 13 Im thinking swing steady make nothing worse than bogey and finish with the ball you start with.Dropped 8 on the front side(americanism) and really had the ball on  a string on the back dropped another 4 but missed two 8 foot birdie putts and a couple of other hanging over the edge.May pick up a prize at 1 under but my point is by playing fairly conservative and swinging within myself had a good result.Slightly against my instincts but may pay off.
Found a buyer for my house yesterday so decent weekend so far

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:18 pm

Managed to break 90 for third time ever today, shooting a very respectable 82 for 47 points and a cut of 3.3 to 19.3.

So for two weeks at least I can call myself a mid handicapper.

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:01 am

fourty seven points -bet you were popular.better saddle up and head on out of town

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:38 am

Ha ha, no one was hurt in the process.

I only play friendly games, the handicap is based worked out by todays golfer online handicap tracker.

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:32 am

Good stuff nay, heading in the right direction. Got to love those nett 59s!

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:05 am

Very true it can only be downhill from here.

In all honesty the putting lesson I had a month or so back has helped greatly, only 28 putts today.

The other difference is I kept my ball in play almost all round only 1 penalty stroke today. I am normally quite good at racking up the penalty strokes which cost me greatly most weeks.

Time for a chipping and pitching lesson I think

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:21 pm

Blustery showery Saturday, played like a bit of a muppet (no offence to muppets) but putted well (29) scraped a 77 - 5 - 72 (net +2) for a point 1.

Lovely, calm Sunday got permission after doing family stuff on Father's Day to get a cheeky game in (very rare double header weekend). Much better. Drove like an idiot, but irons were accurate (16 of 18 gir). Let down by putting a little bit (two 3 jacks, missed 6 makeable birdies from under 12 ft (made 2 of the 8 v good chances in total), unlucky with 2 further (longer range) efforts that literally perched on the edge of the cup. 71 - 5 - 66 (net -4) for a little cut of point 2 or 3 (not sure of css yet). Didn't really think about score as it was just nice to be out in nice weather but looked back afterwards and it could very easily have been 66 or better.

Nice way to top the weekend off.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:17 am

Sailed through Club Champ R1 knockout last night.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:20 am

Super wrote:Sailed through Club Champ R1 knockout last night. 
Wow.  Respect.  picard
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:40 am

Mac, just because Braids don't have proper competitions or a deep enough pool of players capable of producing a decent enough Scratch comp doesn't mean you should denegrate those who do.

We don't all stay at home on an evening whacking off to a poster of Nine Chins Woods on our ceilings or reading Karl Marx as you seem to.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:03 am

Played ruddington grange on Tuesday(Nottingham)hottest ive ever been on a golf course.Lovely course good food all round excellent.22 of us 11 ladies 11 gents and the winner on 36 points was a guy who has been a member of our club since we started 22 years ago just recovering to an extent from cancer.He used to work for omega and was the man who put the big watch advert/stands on the tees at major events.He has some lovely stories to tell from his travels.Lady I partnered had just 11 points 70 plus years old still plays tennis and brought some sandwiches for us-top class.Good day out

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:54 pm

Played in Captains weekend medal yesterday. Been on hols so hadn't played for 3 weeks, not expecting much.3 over through 13 holes before racking up an 11 (!!!!!) on a par five. Couldn't believe it - the rough has grown so much in the last few weeks took me 6 to get back to the fairway after a blocked drive. Shoulda woulda coulda.....
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:42 pm

MM - Hugely similar to my lap.

One under on the 12th tee. Birdie 1 & 3 sandwiching a bogey on 2 followed by 8 pars (although 4 of these were very good up and downs including one out of some trees so obviously the longer game was a touch off and my right arm was getting very active with the woods).

12th - Pull hook to sheize. Provisional. Pull hook to sheize. Provisional II. Top 80 yards to ladies tee. Hit that one to 90 yds short for 6. Couldn't find either previous ball. Continue to play 3rd shot with 3rd ball. Missed green for 7. chip to 9 foot for 8. Holed very good putt for a 9. Still only 4 over so ahead of handicap by one, but no shots left...

Followed that up by missing the par 3 next top side. Pin cut tight to slope, no chance of getting it close. Tried to dribble it down bank. Stayed up top. Idiot. On for 3, 2 putts for a 5. Need birdies...

4 jacked 15th (went to tap in for the 3 putt and stubbed it short of the hole). Double idiot.

Birdied 16 in 2 to bring me back to 7 over. Par par for a +2 net and point 1.

But wait. CSS -1. Buffer level. Plus 2 medal but had 36 points for a stableford adjustment buffer.

Every cloud...

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:25 am

Presidents day today and three putted the first- greens much quicker than they looked.Messy front nine making a six on a short par 4 three putts from about 8 feet classic going for it.But back nine 20 points and a reasonable par putt on every hole.Partner off 19 and hitting the ball further than me(of 13)made 43 points so will be cut to 17 or so which is where he needs to be frankly.Bit of a dispute on the last he called a six and I insisted it was a seven which it was for sure didn't come in for a drink after unfortunately but it was seven.This year the thing I have realised is that some distance has gone and Im probably playing a lot less aggressive golf.Time rolls on

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:46 am

Best lap today, 1 under gross. 42 points. 2 bogies and 3 dogs. Good putting, good irons, decent scrambling. Driving ok but nothing great. All round v v pleasing.

Mate I was playing with had 44, 3 under gross (both off 5) so knew I wouldn't win but I'm not going to shoot much better...

Come in to find a 46 (with 2 blobs apparently) 45, 2*44, at least 1 43. Tough school sometimes!

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:44 am

Ah. Hearsay. Not as bad as first thought. Yesterday was 46 (with 3 blobs!) 45 and a 44 in front of me. A creditable 4th. 31 (of 104) under handicap, so CSS -2 and a cut to 4.6.

Got to play this morning too, another excellent day. Level par so -5 net for 41 points and probably down to 4.3 (a pb and first time off 4).

One under for 36 holes and 83 points with no blobs for the weekend. Very chuffed indeed.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:05 am

Tough when its only 0.1 reductions in general club comps.SSS tends to creep up in county stuff when its all cat 1 players.Not easy either way well played

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:52 pm

Cheers Dyna

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by shclaff Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:41 pm

Roller can you sprinkle some of that fairy dust my way? I'm on the 0.1 train

shclaff

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:06 pm

Would love to, jeez I'd bottle it and flog it if I could. Rest assured it's simply one of those weekends where there was only silver lining, I'm more than capable of consistent clouds too!

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:25 pm

Shot a net 75 with a 5 putt (YES A FIVE PUTT) a 4 putt (YES a four putt) and four 3 putts. Stupid game.
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by golfermartin Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:19 am

Not a tell us about your game today as much as a tell us what you're doing on Saturday - one of my regulars thought it would be a good idea to have a "Persimmon Saturday". So we're dusting off the old wooden woods and giving them a whirl (it's just a friendly bounce game). I'll let you know how it goes (if there's anything interesting to report)

golfermartin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:02 am

Good luck, that sounds like the perfect way to destroy your confidence!

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by golfermartin Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:40 am

Well, that was an interesting morning. Won't be sorry to have my titanium driver and metal woods back tomorrow. The persimmons definitely fly lower and run further. If you don't get it right out of the middle, you lose a lot of distance - like 4 to 5 clubs less distance! I think I could play with them if I had to, but pretty pleased I don't have to! Won the money though so it can't have been all bad.

golfermartin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:13 am

Played Royal County Down yesterday evening. No wind at all and 26 degrees, so the course was there for the taking (although the rough was deadly). Scored 40pts without putting well. Had to stop to admire the scenery and views on most of the tee boxes and greens.
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by puligny Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:25 pm

Now don't laugh too soon, those that haven't played it! I played Sunningdale Ladies course last week. Par 61, with 11 par 3s.
But, designed by Harry Colt, big trees, fantastic bunkering and altogether beautiful setting. 3s range from 142 yds to 240, with a memorable pair of 230+ holes, one playing downhill and the other back up the hill!
Absolutely stunning, and if you haven't played it and get the chance, don't turn it down. I thought it would be a bit of a game sharpener, but actually a really tough, enjoyable test of golf.

puligny

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:25 am

Played essendon in Hatfield today. I am a hacker happy to admit this. Playing off 21. But today had 15 bogeys 1 birdie 1 par and one double bogey. While some of these could have been pars in my experience a lot could have been a he'll of a lot worse. Totaled up to 88 and 16 over. And a hc cut to 20. Well I was pleased.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:00 pm

Due to the weather and one of the guys recovering from illness we went of at 7.30 yesterday and viewed the game in front with some trepidation.3 gents 1 ladies trolleys being pulled not pushed and walked like they were building the bridge over the river kwai.Luckily one found the hay on the second and we were through.As we passed one of the lads pulled out a foil packet and started eating his sandwiches!As we were walking up 18 at about 10.45 they had just teed off on 11.That would be 3 hours 15 minutes for 10 holes in the blistering heat.Probably the worst slow play I have ever seen in the context of no rough to speak of after the third hole.To be fair they had let a couple of other games through.
Played pretty poor its links type shots required now and only worked it out on the back nine when it as too late.Had a chat with the junior organiser after and he has a 15 year old lass gone down from 17 to 7 since the start of the season just starting the school hols and all the min comps so be interesting to see where she finishes the season at.Hits a drive 250!

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next