The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ATP 1000: Monte Carlo (Daily Order Of Play)!

+37
sportslover
socal1976
jersey
slashermcguirk
10IS
Danny_1982
Hero
droogle
keftedaki
lorus59
Manojchandra
TRuffin
Jeremy_Kyle
sirfredperry
CaledonianCraig
reckoner
lags72
banbrotam
hawkeye
barrystar
Jahu
gallery play
Josiah Maiestas
summerblues
lydian
LuvSports!
prostaff85
Mad for Chelsea
paulcz
Henman Bill
Positively 4th Street
bogbrush
laverfan
Tenez
time please
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
noleisthebest
41 posters

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

ATP 1000: Monte Carlo (Daily Order Of Play)! Empty ATP 1000: Monte Carlo (Daily Order Of Play)!

Post by noleisthebest Fri 13 Apr - 12:57

Monte Carlo.... heart heart heart tennis is finally coming home!

After weeks of sleepless nights caused by travelless jetlag, tennis caravan is back to where it belongs and looks best: Europe!

Ahead are a few potentially historically huge months:

Novak Djokovic could be the first man after Rod Laver to hold all 4 slam titles.

He could also be the first man to achieve the Golden slam, if he wins the gold at the Olympics.

All grand dreams, very difficult to achieve, yet, for this grand dreamer, nothing is impossible Cool

Back to Monte Carlo, and the first 1000 Masters even on clay:

Bar Federer's last minute wild-card change of mind, all the best players are in town:

*Legendary Rafael Nadal with his mind-boggling 7 straight tournament wins.
*Novak Djokovic with his mind-boggling 7 straight finals wins over Nadal
*Andy Murray , pressure free and hungry. Could surprise many.
*David Ferrer, the eternal bridesmaid...will give someone a great workout in the semi-final!
*Delpo? No Federer in the draw, may release the "old" smooth powerhouse.

and.....

everybody else except the Biggest clay question mark called Isner, who withdrew from the tournament needing rest and preparation for the remainder of the season.

Official website:

http://www.monte-carlorolexmasters.com/

The Draw:

http://www.monte-carlorolexmasters.com/Share/Event-Draws.aspx?Year=2012&Draw=ms

Easier to follow, PDF version of the draw:

http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2012/410/mds.pdf

Order of play for Wednesday, 17th of April (no PDF version yet):

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Scores/schedule.aspx?EventId=410&Year=2012&Seq=5

Set in the glorious scenery of glittering, breath-taking sparkling Medditeranean vista, I will be there daily in spirit sighing and dreaming....

For Monte Carlo with its vintage charm, class and timeless air of dolce vita is my favourite tournament (let's leave that heart-breaker called Wimbledon out of this conversation just this once!)

I have bought a large vintage poster of Monte Carlo recently, and it hangs framed behind my desk reminding me of those days when the world took its time....and nobody moaned that much ....and ladies wore dresses when they played....and looked and behaved like ladies ....

http://img2.photographersdirect.com/img/16398/wm/pd1802170.jpg

Now, let's get into the mood, shall we?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFabjc6mFk4

AND, last but not the least...

GO NOLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!1 Yahoo

Last edited by noleisthebest on Tue 17 Apr - 19:08; edited 7 times in total

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Monte Carlo (Daily Order Of Play)! Empty Re: ATP 1000: Monte Carlo (Daily Order Of Play)!

Post by noleisthebest Fri 13 Apr - 15:18

Big names expected on Wednesday when 2nd round starts.
I don't know why Monte Carlo is always so late with draws and everything...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

ATP 1000: Monte Carlo (Daily Order Of Play)! Empty Re: ATP 1000: Monte Carlo (Daily Order Of Play)!

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Sat 14 Apr - 4:49

noleisthebest wrote:Big names expected on Wednesday when 2nd round starts.
+

Yes. I think Rome draw will be out before Monte-carlo. Very Happy
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Sat 14 Apr - 4:50

Have fun NITB - have never been to MC, but would love one of those seats overlooking the court, which is overlooking the bay!

Hope that Novak wins Very Happy

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat 14 Apr - 9:33

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:Big names expected on Wednesday when 2nd round starts.
+

Yes. I think Rome draw will be out before Monte-carlo. Very Happy

Apparently the draw coming out around midday .....TODAY! Shocked

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat 14 Apr - 9:38

As mentioned, is it because they are still trying to convince Fed to join in?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat 14 Apr - 14:26

The draw is out!

http://www.monte-carlorolexmasters.com/Share/Event-Draws.aspx?Year=2012&Draw=ms
Murray, Ferrer in Nole's half Tsonga in Nadal's. usual cakewalk draw for the defending champion.....

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat 14 Apr - 14:34

Easier to look at, the PDF version of the draw:

http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2012/410/mds.pdf

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat 14 Apr - 14:49

And Nadal's luck is as great as ever.

Djoko, Murray, Ferrer and Berdych all in one side (1, 4, 6, 7 = 18)
Nadal, Tsonga, Almagro, Tsiparevic (2, 5,8,12 = 27)

Edited - It's actually worse: Berdych is 7 not 8th.

Last edited by Tenez on Sat 14 Apr - 17:30; edited 1 time in total

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat 14 Apr - 15:02

Tenez wrote:And Nadal's luck is as great as ever.

Djoko, Murray, Ferrer and Berdych all in one side (1, 4, 6, 8 = 19)

I am not surprised in the least, I expected it. Had Fed played HE would've been in Novak's half. Expecting it at RG.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat 14 Apr - 15:07

1, 3, 5, 6

2, 4, 7, 8

Last year Murray played Nadal after the pain-killer injection.

Why are 5,6 and 7,8 on the same side of the draw? chin

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat 14 Apr - 15:18

laverfan wrote:

1, 3, 5, 6

2, 4, 7, 8

Last year Murray played Nadal after the pain-killer injection.

Why are 5,6 and 7,8 on the same side of the draw? chin

Ask the fathers in Vatican..

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat 14 Apr - 15:46

Last year, it was

http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2011/410/mds.pdf

Draw is rigged? Laugh

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat 14 Apr - 16:04

laverfan wrote:Last year, it was

http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2011/410/mds.pdf

Draw is rigged? Laugh

LF, you may laugh at this, but I read and interview Becker gave to a Russian sports magazine last week and apart from comments on Novak's dominance etc, he said something disturbing and interesting: that apparently Nadal and Federer have a lot of influence on tournaments, and uses this expression: they get what they want.

I always knew that was the case as Novak never failed to end u pin Federer's half on fast courts and Nadal's on slow courts, money was protecting Fedal finals.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat 14 Apr - 18:53

Nitb... I am not laughing at either you or your statement. At the same time, I am not fond of conspiracy theories and assume (perhaps naively) that the world is trustworthy, in general.

Becker has been much closer to such a system, so he may know more than you and I do, but what I see comparing two draws, is rather interesting.

Just for completeness sake.

2010 - 1,4,6,7 and 2,3,5,8 (1 Djokovic, 2 Nadal)
http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2010/410/mds.pdf

2009 - 1,4,5,8 and 2,3,6,7 (1 Nadal, 2 Federer)
http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2009/410/mds.pdf

2008 - 1,3,6,7 and 2,4,5,8, (1 Federer, 2 Nadal)
http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2008/410/mds.pdf

2007 - 1,4,6,7 and 2,3,5, LL(Garcia-Lopez for Murray-8 and 1 Federer, 2 Nadal))
http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2007/410/mds.pdf

2006 - 1,4,5,8 and 2,3,6,7 (1 Federer, 2 Nadal)
http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2006/410/mds.pdf

So, the question still remains? chin

PS: Let me know if I have made a mistake.

PPS: My numbers are tournament seedings, not ATP ranks.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sat 14 Apr - 19:19

There's a world of difference between them getting what they want and rigged draws.
Start times, that sort of thing I can believe but draw rigging is just fantasy pushed by people who seek solace in all kinds of fantastical nonsense (not you nitb, you're of sound mind).
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Positively 4th Street Sat 14 Apr - 22:02

bogbrush wrote:There's a world of difference between them getting what they want and rigged draws.
Start times, that sort of thing I can believe but draw rigging is just fantasy pushed by people who seek solace in all kinds of fantastical nonsense (not you nitb, you're of sound mind).

My thoughts exactly.

Positively 4th Street

Back to top Go down

Post by Positively 4th Street Sat 14 Apr - 22:08

noleisthebest wrote:LF, you may laugh at this, but I read and interview Becker gave to a Russian sports magazine last week and apart from comments on Novak's dominance etc, he said something disturbing and interesting: that apparently Nadal and Federer have a lot of influence on tournaments, and uses this expression: they get what they want.

I always knew that was the case as Novak never failed to end u pin Federer's half on fast courts and Nadal's on slow courts, money was protecting Fedal finals.

Surely Federer would not have wanted Djokovic in his half on fast courts though, and Nadal would not have wanted him on slow courts. Unless you are suggesting they made a deal that they each take Djokovic on their favoured surface? Far-fetched. Enjoy the success of your boy, it is not heightened though by claiming he did it in the face of a conspiracy.

Positively 4th Street

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Sat 14 Apr - 22:14

Nice to see reason prevailing on this thread with the sound debunking of draw fixing ideas.

Yes, the issue comes down to start times and things like that. But I see little evidence in favouritism to certain players, top players carry certain clour that can be seen as a reward for past results.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat 14 Apr - 22:22

Henman Bill wrote:Nice to see reason prevailing on this thread with the sound debunking of draw fixing ideas.

Yes, the issue comes down to start times and things like that. But I see little evidence in favouritism to certain players, top players carry certain clour that can be seen as a reward for past results.

I disagree. Try and remember how badly Djokovic was treated by AO schedulers as their defending champion in 2009.

and how very differently Serena Williams was treated the same day (or the day after) when the play was stopped (her being at the verge of losing a match) only to come back and win it after the roof was pulled over as the play was virtually impossible due to inhumane conditions of extreme heat.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sat 14 Apr - 22:27

This MC will be quite interesting and vital for other clay sessions. Definitely there is much pressure on Nadull, who owns this as a little to defend this year. After his very serious injury as a cause of withdrawal in Miami, loosing this MC would be lethal for him.
There is no other player who can outplay Nadull, and you all well know, who it is. Smile
GO NOLE!!! Cool

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sat 14 Apr - 22:33

tough draw for Nole. Relatively straightforward first match against Seppi or a qualifier, but then it gets a lot tougher. Dolgopolov isn't in great form but the clay could spark a change in his fortunes, and he's the sort of player who can give anyone problems, then Ferrer, who has an excellent record bs Novak on clay - toughest QF opponent possible. And Murray in the semis, much tougher than Tsonga.

Nadal's draw looks very easy at first glance, though you never know, Almagro might do something in a big tournament for a change.

Murray's somewhere in between, with a potentially troicki opener (sorry Very Happy)

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat 14 Apr - 22:34

Mad for Chelsea wrote:tough draw for Nole. Relatively straightforward first match against Seppi or a qualifier, but then it gets a lot tougher. Dolgopolov isn't in great form but the clay could spark a change in his fortunes, and he's the sort of player who can give anyone problems, then Ferrer, who has an excellent record bs Novak on clay - toughest QF opponent possible. And Murray in the semis, much tougher than Tsonga.

Nadal's draw looks very easy at first glance, though you never know, Almagro might do something in a big tournament for a change.

Murray's somewhere in between, with a potentially troicki opener (sorry Very Happy)

I forgot to mention Belucci, also in Nole's half. That guy can really play on clay.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Sun 15 Apr - 9:26

Mad for Chelsea wrote:tough draw for Nole. Relatively straightforward first match against Seppi or a qualifier, but then it gets a lot tougher. Dolgopolov isn't in great form but the clay could spark a change in his fortunes, and he's the sort of player who can give anyone problems, then Ferrer, who has an excellent record bs Novak on clay - toughest QF opponent possible. And Murray in the semis, much tougher than Tsonga.

Seppi is no mug. Win or loss he doesn't give up before the match starts like a lot of other lower ranked players when facing a top dog. I have to like that attitude. Dolgo may not reach to meat Djo, he lost in the opening round in Casablanca and is running severely short in confidence. Tomic is more likely opponent in 3rd round. Bellucci will need great play to get past Ferrer, not likely atm. Monaco won't be able to stop Ferrer. So Djo-Ferrer in qtr finals. Djo will take it, though it might turn into a tough fight.

Nadal's draw is easy. Almugro may look threatening for a small time, but I know he won't have the guts to beat Nadal. No Spaniard bar Ferrero has it ( But Ferrero is too old now even to get to face him ). Tsonga is better than a dodo on clay, but nothing threatening.

Final spot is about fixed for Nadal. Actually its about fixed for Djo as well, only his path to get there may be a little tougher.

Personally I want Berdych or Ferrer to win the tournament. Just to make things a lot more interesting.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark
raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by prostaff85 Sun 15 Apr - 11:36

hey rotla how about posting your Monte Carlo predictions on the 606v2 World Tour?
Very Happy
prostaff85
prostaff85

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sun 15 Apr - 12:01

my qf pick ljubicic hasnt hasnt had the best start so far Sad

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Sun 15 Apr - 15:06

NITB, when you say "I will be there daily" are you actually physically attending the event?

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun 15 Apr - 15:23

Henman Bill wrote:NITB, when you say "I will be there daily" are you actually physically attending the event?

only in spirit this year HB Sad
MC is on the very top of my next year's projects, though Bubbly

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun 15 Apr - 15:31

Ljubicic plays his last match, loses to Dodig and says goodbye to professional tennis in front of his adopted "home"crowd today:

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2012/04/16/Monte-Carlo-Sunday-Ljubicic-Reflects-On-Career.aspx

o Looby Bubbly

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sun 15 Apr - 18:21

Enjoy your well earned retirement Luber...you old man of 33!
Bubbly
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun 15 Apr - 23:01

ORDER OF PLAY out for tomorrow:

http://www.monte-carlorolexmasters.com/posting/2012/410/op.pdf

Some potentially good matches:

Kubot - Melzer,
Tomic - Istomin (both play well on grass, never seen them on clay)
Raonic - Montanes
Chela -Dolgopolov

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Mon 16 Apr - 3:59

It has just occured to me that it could happen that Djoker loses before the final and Nadal then beats someone else for the title. Would that be anticlimatic or what?

On a separate note, go Kohli!

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Mon 16 Apr - 8:21

noleisthebest wrote:ORDER OF PLAY out for tomorrow:

http://www.monte-carlorolexmasters.com/posting/2012/410/op.pdf

Some potentially good matches:

Kubot - Melzer,
Tomic - Istomin (both play well on grass, never seen them on clay)
Raonic - Montanes
Chela -Dolgopolov

Kubot is a well know choker. Melzer shall be picking his pieces easily. But the match can be interesting for a while.
Tomic - Istomin. Nothing much to base the prediction on. I'm just going with Istomin because I just can't stand Tomic's game.

Raonic - Montaneas : Raonic coming back from an ankle injury. Has all the weapons to beat Montaneas but Montaneas has experience and confidence on clay by virtue of winning some titles. Raonic is expected to be rugged. So its for Montaneas to pull it out in 3 sets. Raonic may win a tie-breaker set.

Chela-Dolgo : Dolgo is low on confidence after his early exit in Morocco. Chela is experienced. I'm going with Chela.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark
raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon 16 Apr - 9:22

Interesting fact that Nadal hasn't won a tournament since RG, and that Nole's last match on clay was that loss To Fed in the semifinal.
Feels like a lifetime ago...

I still can't get over the shamelessly easy draw Nadal has. And he is not even the top seed.
All the more reason for Nole to get revved up!

My prediction is that Fed will be in Nole's half in Madrid and Paris

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Mon 16 Apr - 9:57

Revved up? You cant blame Nadal for the draw...it is what it is. And to be honest if he's anywhere near 100% form on clay then no-one particularly gives him problems other than Nole...so you might argue draws for him on clay are (or were) irrelevant. Its Nadal's to lose before the final as usual...its a matter of how rusty he is, and how his knees stand up (pardon the pun).

Melzer isnt the player he was 12-18mths ago so he could lose that, expect Tomic to win and Dolgo too even though he's had a bad run recently...Chela is getting to be the old man on tour these days on on clay that may just play against him today.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon 16 Apr - 10:00

Does anyone knows which balls are being used at the FO? Are they Babolat? Even if they were, it doesn't mean they'd fly as much as last year. I hope so though.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Mon 16 Apr - 10:04

If they are Babolat I expect Isner to do very well...
Babolat's contract with RG is to 2015 so I wouldnt expect them to change much.
Alot will depend on the conditions in Paris too, they were relatively cool last year.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon 16 Apr - 10:09

lydian wrote:Revved up? You cant blame Nadal for the draw

Noone said that. Though as Becker said, it's likely he gets what he wants....especially as the running 7 time champion. It seems certainly peculiar that all the clay threats (Murray, Ferrer and even Berdych) are on the Djoko side. Tsonga has done absolutely nothing on clay unlike the others.

And to be honest if he's anywhere near 100% form on clay then no-one particularly gives him problems other than Nole...so you might argue draws for him on clay are (or were) irrelevant. Its Nadal's to lose before the final as usual...its a matter of how rusty he is, and how his knees stand up (pardon the pun).

He might win most but the energy he loses going through the rounds is key. Especially ahead of the tough 2/3 months ahead of him. And I would not be surprised if that was his conditions for participating there.

THis MC looks like a stroll in the park until the final for Nadal.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Apr - 10:13

Donald Young is putting in the worst display I have seen on the Clay.

Totally pathetic!

Back to top Go down

Post by prostaff85 Mon 16 Apr - 10:17

Do I remember right that some people on this forum thought it would be a good bet to predict Donald Young would become the American nr. 1 in 2012?!
prostaff85
prostaff85

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Apr - 10:22

prostaff85 wrote:Do I remember right that some people on this forum thought it would be a good bet to predict Donald Young would become the American nr. 1 in 2012?!

I did. Then he re-hired his mom and his form has sandbagged big time.

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Mon 16 Apr - 10:39

No-one said it but the word "shamelessly" is used in a certain context. Yeah right, the MC committee have given Nadal, i.e. rigged, an easy draw for him to save energy so he can reach the final. Keep these factual-based conspiracy theories coming...

Donald Young has been flattering to deceive for some time now...Harrison looks the better bet of becoming a top 10 player.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon 16 Apr - 11:25

lydian wrote:No-one said it but the word "shamelessly" is used in a certain context. Yeah right, the MC committee have given Nadal, i.e. rigged, an easy draw for him to save energy so he can reach the final. Keep these factual-based conspiracy theories coming...

Donald Young has been flattering to deceive for some time now...Harrison looks the better bet of becoming a top 10 player.

Lidyan,
you've got to admit the draw is a bit odd.
Anyway, Nole is a win-win situation whatever happens here:
*no points to lose, only gain
*if he wins, he'll be over 4000 points ahead of Nadal
*if he loses before the final, all the RG pressure goes back on Nadal and frees Nole big time
*if he loses in the final (to Nadal, I'm not expecting Verdasco there....) again Nadal gets the pressure and not much in terms of gain on Nole (mentally or however you like it)

However, should they meet in the final, I think Nole will go for the win and won't spare himself.
He's got his champions haircut again and I'm expecting nothing but grand things from il Grande Nole Cool

After all, his entire life and career has been swimming against the tide and breaking the waves, which is why he's so strong in the mind and heart. GO NOLEEEEEEEEEEEE Yahoo

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Mon 16 Apr - 11:35

legendkillarV2 wrote:Donald Young is putting in the worst display I have seen on the Clay.

Totally pathetic!

Verdasco is trying his best here.
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Mon 16 Apr - 11:39

abit odd? lol...is it what they call "luck of the draw"?
Dont you think that if draws were rigged the truth would out somewhere down the line and completely wreck the reputation of the tournament...do you think Monte Carlo would compromise their 100+ year history for the sake of one player, no matter how successful there?

I see Murray is copying the haircut too...maybe Nadal will turn up with a crew-cut too...let battle of the razor heads commence!
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon 16 Apr - 11:42

lydian wrote: Keep these factual-based conspiracy theories coming...

Conspirations have always existed and more than ever are much needed to control the masses. We went to Irak and many soldiers and civilians died because we were told a lie...even if many of us never believed it. So sorting out a draw to help a top player - fans are desperate to see in a final - is the least of the organisers problems.

It's not too far fetched, is it?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon 16 Apr - 11:44

Anyone watching Tomic Istomin?

Good tennis!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Mon 16 Apr - 11:56

Only Tenez could link tennis draws, wars and civilians dying.
As usual no evidence exists to prove the tennis conspiracy. And again...would one of the most prestigious tennis events that has 100+ year history risk its integrity to rig draws for an event that is a perennial sellout anyway? How could they never guarantee the truth was outted?
This is ridiculous hyperbole...and again concerning the same old player in question...zzzz
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Mon 16 Apr - 11:59

That was truly, really truly, abject from Donald Young...
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon 16 Apr - 12:00

lydian wrote:Only Tenez could link tennis draws, wars and civilians dying.

Yes, same actors behind all these: the human race with its good and bad. Only fans don't want to see the motives behind all things.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next