The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newport-Gwent Dragons v Benetton Rugby Treviso

+10
Coleman
Liam
Jimmy Moz
SubsBench
bedfordwelsh
glamorganalun
Biltong
Smirnoffpriest
Shifty
Steffan
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Newport-Gwent Dragons v Benetton Rugby Treviso Empty Newport-Gwent Dragons v Benetton Rugby Treviso

Post by Steffan Fri 13 Apr 2012, 7:39 pm

Anyone actually watching this game as I couldnt see a thread for it?

Crowd looks average not that good not that bad

Last edited by Kiwireddevil on Sun 15 Apr 2012, 2:14 pm; edited 4 times in total

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Newport-Gwent Dragons v Benetton Rugby Treviso Empty Re: Newport-Gwent Dragons v Benetton Rugby Treviso

Post by Shifty Fri 13 Apr 2012, 7:43 pm

http://www.s4c.co.uk/clic/e_live.shtml

8-3 so far
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Newport-Gwent Dragons v Benetton Rugby Treviso Empty Re: Newport-Gwent Dragons v Benetton Rugby Treviso

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 13 Apr 2012, 7:47 pm

Can sumbody please change the title of this wum to dragons vs treviso?

Looks a decent game, good try finished off by brew and a few good breaks so far

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 13 Apr 2012, 7:48 pm

As. Soon as i say that treviso score a good counter try

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 13 Apr 2012, 7:57 pm

11-8 almost try by harris

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 13 Apr 2012, 8:12 pm

Brew in. Good try for Newport think they will be too strong second half

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 13 Apr 2012, 8:15 pm

AlynDavies wrote:http://www.s4c.co.uk/clic/e_live.shtml

8-3 so far

Alyn, the link you provided is fine as it is a mainstream feed, just a reminder if it is not a mainstream link we may not put them on the open forum. thumbsup
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Fri 13 Apr 2012, 8:18 pm

So far rubbish game by two rubbish teams, soft try's who is going to score for the dragons next year?

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Fri 13 Apr 2012, 8:28 pm

biltongbek wrote:

8-3 so far

Alyn, the link you provided is fine as it is a mainstream feed, just a reminder if it is not a mainstream link we may not put them on the open forum. thumbsup

S4C is the Welsh Channel 4, the link Alyn has given is broadcast by S4C.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Apr 2012, 8:29 pm

Smirnoffpriest wrote:Can sumbody please change the title of this wum to dragons vs treviso?

Looks a decent game, good try finished off by brew and a few good breaks so far

I wouldn't even acknowledge him. He's either ignorant or childish and not worth the attention him and his disenfranchised mates crave.

Shame that people like him aren't capable of discussing a match without pettiness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Apr 2012, 8:32 pm

Anyway, couldn't attend as I'm on my travels in a bit and can't watch. I gather Robling is struggling. Hopefully Jason Tovey gets a run and has a chance to become top Dragons points scorer tonight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 13 Apr 2012, 8:33 pm

glamorganalun wrote:S4C is the Welsh Channel 4
Well technically its not anymore as S4C and Channel 4 are two separate channels now

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 13 Apr 2012, 8:33 pm

glamorganalun wrote:
biltongbek wrote:

8-3 so far

S4C is the Welsh Channel 4, the link Alyn has given is broadcast by S4C.
OK
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 13 Apr 2012, 8:33 pm

Risca Rev wrote:Shame that people like him aren't capable of discussing a match without pettiness
How is it petty?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Apr 2012, 8:34 pm

S4C stands for sianel pedwar Cymru, which translates into channel 4 Wales. Strange that Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 13 Apr 2012, 8:38 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:S4C stands for sianel pedwar Cymru, which translates into channel 4 Wales. Strange that Smile
Yes but that was under the old 4 channel system where you had either S4C or Channel 4 (my brother never got S4C as he lived in Cardiff and they picked up Bristol regional TV)

I think you know what I meant under freeview you can watch both now

Last edited by Steffan on Fri 13 Apr 2012, 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Apr 2012, 8:38 pm

of course you can watch both, S4C is still the Welsh channel 4 though.

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri 13 Apr 2012, 8:39 pm

Risca Rev wrote:Anyway, couldn't attend as I'm on my travels in a bit and can't watch. I gather Robling is struggling. Hopefully Jason Tovey gets a run and has a chance to become top Dragons points scorer tonight.

Rev,

Why isn't Tovey playing, is he injured or is it just because he has signed for the Blues, if latter seems a strange one given that Brew is playing and Charteris was due to play.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by SubsBench Fri 13 Apr 2012, 8:44 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:of course you can watch both, S4C is still the Welsh channel 4 though.

Exactly, Channel 4 is actually on channel 8.

Anyway, good try Dragons.

SubsBench

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 13 Apr 2012, 8:46 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:of course you can watch both, S4C is still the Welsh channel 4 though.
Its number 4 on a Freeview box in Wales. Your clearly too young to remember when you had to watch S4C and had no Channel 4 (not the number...the actual corporation) in Wales

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Apr 2012, 8:47 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:Anyway, couldn't attend as I'm on my travels in a bit and can't watch. I gather Robling is struggling. Hopefully Jason Tovey gets a run and has a chance to become top Dragons points scorer tonight.

Rev,

Why isn't Tovey playing, is he injured or is it just because he has signed for the Blues, if latter seems a strange one given that Brew is playing and Charteris was due to play.

The latter really isn't it. Darren wants to expose Jones and Robling which I don't mind as such, but I think Tovey should always be on the bench as cover. Otherwise why aren't we looking at replacements for the two you mentioned yeah. Not exactly blessed for lock cover anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Apr 2012, 8:48 pm

Not really, I grew up with just S4C and no channel 4.

How are you honestly arguing that it isn't the Welsh channel 4??

beyond baffling Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Apr 2012, 8:48 pm

Steffan, I've seen enough of your posts now to know that you're very bitter and you like to see the Dragons struggling. However, do you really think that if they scrapped the Dragons and formed a Ponty/Valleys side instead that they would be any better? Because let's face it you'd have the same players just playong in Ponty instead of in Newport. Unless you think that Ponty would suddenly magic some world class superstars out of thin air, or that the current welsh stars at other regions would coming flocking to the valleys for less pay?

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 13 Apr 2012, 8:52 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:Not really, I grew up with just S4C and no channel 4.

How are you honestly arguing that it isn't the Welsh channel 4??

beyond baffling Smile
So is S4C still part of the same corporation as Channel 4 then?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 13 Apr 2012, 8:54 pm

Griff wrote:Unless you think that Ponty would suddenly magic some world class superstars out of thin air, or that the current welsh stars at other regions would coming flocking to the valleys for less pay?
When did I ever say Ponty should have a region? 'Valleys Rugby; is meant to be a development region so no the stars would not come flocking for less pay

Didnt really think that post through did you...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Apr 2012, 8:55 pm

I don't know anything about corporations, Steffan, nor do I particularly care to. All I know is that when I press the 4 button on my tv remote I get S4C, all I know is that S4C means channel 4 Wales. How is anything else relevant?

Dragons v lucky Burton missed that conversion there, awful try to concede mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Fri 13 Apr 2012, 8:57 pm

The dragons are going to lose this one, why put in a flyhalf who can't kick when Tovey is fit or at least on the bench.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Apr 2012, 8:58 pm

Steffan you've been a well known critic of all other regions since you started posting on here (and possibly on the old 606???). You've called for scrapping of the certain 'superclubs' to give 'disenfranchised' fans a chance to support something because you feel left out on a number of occasions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Apr 2012, 9:00 pm

glamorganalun wrote:The dragons are going to lose this one, why put in a flyhalf who can't kick when Tovey is fit or at least on the bench.

As I said earlier, it shows what a pigheaded moron Edwards is. Why not utilise Jason Tovey and Martyn Thomas on the bench as insurance at least. We still could in theory (never going to happen though) catch Cardiff Blues up.

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Fri 13 Apr 2012, 9:01 pm

Tovey is on thank goodness, can he help turn the game around?

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Moz Fri 13 Apr 2012, 9:05 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:I don't know anything about corporations, Steffan, nor do I particularly care to. All I know is that when I press the 4 button on my tv remote I get S4C, all I know is that S4C means channel 4 Wales. How is anything else relevant?

Steffan meant it's not the Welsh 'Channel 4' anymore in terms of it's no part of the 'Channel 4' industry which it was since it began up until the 00s. S4C now gets revenue and a fixed annual grant from DCMS. Rugbydreamer is referring to pressing the button 4 on your TV controller. You are both right. What Steffan said wasn't baffling at all he just meant it in a different context and did Rugbydreamer. It's deleted on my digibox anyway I never watch either S4C or Channel 4.

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Apr 2012, 9:06 pm

Not been given long has he? How is a goalkicker meant to turn a game round with 12 minutes? Unless Adam Hughes keeps kicking now. He should've got longer though by the sounds.

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Fri 13 Apr 2012, 9:07 pm

Is this a Christmas game Trev 33 dragoms 25

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by SubsBench Fri 13 Apr 2012, 9:07 pm

So, who wanted Tovey on?

SubsBench

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Fri 13 Apr 2012, 9:08 pm

oh dear, Tovey getting some stick there from a fan, 'off you go to Cardiff'. Doesn't help when you throw a pass like that.

Another yellow!! game back on

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Fri 13 Apr 2012, 9:08 pm

Second yellow? Not sure about that one.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Apr 2012, 9:09 pm

Jimmy Moz wrote:
rugbydreamer wrote:I don't know anything about corporations, Steffan, nor do I particularly care to. All I know is that when I press the 4 button on my tv remote I get S4C, all I know is that S4C means channel 4 Wales. How is anything else relevant?

Steffan meant it's not the Welsh 'Channel 4' anymore in terms of it's no part of the 'Channel 4' industry which it was since it began up until the 00s. S4C now gets revenue and a fixed annual grant from DCMS. Rugbydreamer is referring to pressing the button 4 on your TV controller. You are both right. What Steffan said wasn't baffling at all he just meant it in a different context and did Rugbydreamer. It's deleted on my digibox anyway I never watch either S4C or Channel 4.

Jimmy - it's baffling that Steffan went down that route of interpretation when it's clear to everyone what all the posters on here bar Steffan were meaning when referring to it as the Welsh channel 4. Seems to me he was just being awkward Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Apr 2012, 9:10 pm

That's ironic Smile

Wish Steffan Jones was fit. Going to be a long night at the Liberty next week.

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Fri 13 Apr 2012, 9:12 pm

DCMS? What's that?
Is it the Welsh Assembly or something?

Is it publicly-funded?
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Fri 13 Apr 2012, 9:12 pm

yes! great try, good stuff, gotta kick this quickly and WIN THE KICK OFF

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Fri 13 Apr 2012, 9:12 pm

C'mon Dragons two mins for a kick or try.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Fri 13 Apr 2012, 9:13 pm

Risca:

Tovey always outplays Biggar but I think the Os forwards will murder the Dragons scrum.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Fri 13 Apr 2012, 9:14 pm

-.-

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Fri 13 Apr 2012, 9:16 pm

Lost it, can't say the Dragons deserved to win, well done Treviso at least they showed they can win away.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Fri 13 Apr 2012, 9:19 pm

game made by mistakes, shame but story of the season for Dragons, at least we're guaranteed one welsh winner tomorrow eh?

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Apr 2012, 9:20 pm

glamorganalun wrote:Risca:

Tovey always outplays Biggar but I think the Os forwards will murder the Dragons scrum.

It'll be Robling at ten again. Their pack will obliterate ours and they should target us as a chance of a BP. I was happy with Edwards at first when we seemed to be a bit more attacking, but under Paul Turner we rarely lost at home to the likes of Connacht and Treviso.

I'm glad that I haven't watched tonight as I'm trying my hardest to stop smoking and also not too drink as much. Boy would I be doing both tonight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Moz Fri 13 Apr 2012, 9:26 pm

Portnoy wrote:DCMS? What's that?
Is it the Welsh Assembly or something?

Is it publicly-funded?
UK Department for Culture, Media and Sport. Not sure on the funding to be honest. Channel 4 is funded by ITV plc.

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 13 Apr 2012, 10:33 pm

Its part-public funded as is channel 4

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by youngguns6 Sat 14 Apr 2012, 12:00 am

Well that was a long night..
Once again we show lovely touches going forward and some players really stood out - Hughes was emence in attack and defence + he kicked the goals (imagine the reviews if he played for another region) Lydaite and Toby were awsum as usual but the front 5 were well beat. No quality ball, slow getting to rucks, clogging midfield with lazy running.. Argh if we had a decent front 5!!!!!

I know Bedfords got a tough job behind our pack and we've got so many youngsters playing already but id love to see Jonny Evans get a run.

Season was already over... This was just stamping on any dignity we had left.

youngguns6

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Sat 14 Apr 2012, 8:18 am

drags were unlucky. that last yellow was never deserved.

good match though.

young roblin should get his eye in soon. the parade want him to do well but there is only so much good will out there. fingers crossed the lad starts next season well.
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next