The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Treviso v Glasgow Warriors

+19
Hollbeck Ghyll
RDW
Jenifer McLadyboy
Manky-Flanker
gmclachl
Rava
Dorothy_Mantooth
Brendan
Notch
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Cryptoyourisan
Pat_Mustard
Tattie Scones RRN
George Carlin
Scot Abroad
muzzer_mc
Imperialbigdave
funnyExiledScot
21st Century Schizoid Man
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Treviso v Glasgow Warriors Empty Treviso v Glasgow Warriors

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sun 15 Apr 2012, 5:44 pm

This is a huge game for us. Tried every way to get there next Sunday but to no avail -hiring a car at Bergamo to drive 100 miles and back after the game - jeez my stamina is deserting me. WTF can you not fly from Glasgow to Venice or Padua? Anyway those clever and shrewd teuchters at BBC Alba are showing it clap BBC Alba fast becoming the best rugby station in the UK -outside Wales anyway. Make those wendyball clowns at BBC Scotland look foolish - although their coverage of the Melrose 7s was rather good yesterday.

C'mon the Warriors Yahoo

Back to top Go down

Treviso v Glasgow Warriors Empty Re: Treviso v Glasgow Warriors

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 16 Apr 2012, 1:19 pm

Massive game. You'd have taken being in the play-off spot with only Treviso (away) and Connacht (home) at the start of the season, but Treviso away is a nasty little fixture these days, and they've beaten good sides this season. Glasgow will need to be on the top of their game. Don't care how it happens, I'd take a 6-3 victory personally.

Come on Stuart Hogg, surely you've got another fine hatrick in you!!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperialbigdave Mon 16 Apr 2012, 2:52 pm

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:Tried every way to get there next Sunday but to no avail

probably Andy Robinsons fault.
Imperialbigdave
Imperialbigdave

Back to top Go down

Post by muzzer_mc Mon 16 Apr 2012, 3:08 pm

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:Tried every way to get there next Sunday but to no avail -hiring a car at Bergamo to drive 100 miles and back after the game - jeez my stamina is deserting me. WTF can you not fly from Glasgow to Venice or Padua?

Jet2 fly from Edinburgh direct to Venice. Quick look returned £177 return out on Friday Morning back on Monday afternoon.

Flew with them last year to watch Treviso V Edinburgh. Stayed in Venice and it was 30mins direct by Train to Treviso.

muzzer_mc

Back to top Go down

Post by Scot Abroad Mon 16 Apr 2012, 3:26 pm

Treviso isn’t going to be easy. We need a solid defensive performance and to keep the penalties to a minimum. I cannot stress this enough but Lineen must must must start Weir. Jackson’s kicking has been terrible this season. He is easily up there with the worst kickers in the league. We need every point we can get in this game.

Scot Abroad

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Mon 16 Apr 2012, 5:48 pm

Thanks muzzer - will look and see if I can do it without t/o work !

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 17 Apr 2012, 11:54 am

Am unbelievably nervous about this one - Connacht in front of a home crowd is bonus point win territory but it really is possible to blow the play off place in Italy.

Contrary to a lot of press, I don't regard taking a losing bonus in Thomond as a bad result. We were actually beaten pretty well in that game, if I'm being honest and they gifted the mighty Hoggster two of his scores.

Cannot see why anyone is still cr@pping on about the Scarlets - it's Ulster that will take a spot away from us and we have not been able to shake them off.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Thu 19 Apr 2012, 1:18 pm

FGS just saw the headline on the EBC that Glasgow receive good news that two players are back from injury.

Clicked on the link and up popped a picture of Morrison.

Rolling Eyes

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by Pat_Mustard Thu 19 Apr 2012, 1:40 pm

Morrison and Barclay coming back was the "big news", but hidden away on the official twitter page is the news that DTH is also back OK

Pat_Mustard

Back to top Go down

Post by Scot Abroad Thu 19 Apr 2012, 2:18 pm

Will he start though? Ideally I'd like to see him starting but it may be the case of giving him 25 mins at the end of the game then the start him against Connacht.

I'd like to see

9 Cusiter
10 Weir
11 DTH
12 Dunbar
13 Freddie
14 Shaw
15 Hogg

Although it'll probably be

9 Cusiter
10 Jackson
11 Shaw
12 Morrison
13 Sunbar
14 Freddie
15 Hogg

Scot Abroad

Back to top Go down

Post by Cryptoyourisan Thu 19 Apr 2012, 2:22 pm

None of Barclay, Morrison or DTH should start. Barclay and DTH (if fit) on the bench. I wouldn't be averse to retaining the Dunbar-Hogg centre pairing for the next two games at least.

Cryptoyourisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Thu 19 Apr 2012, 2:23 pm

These last two games are must win. There's not enough space between Glasgow and Ulster/Scarlets.

The best team must be put out on both occasions meaning Weir at 10.

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by Pat_Mustard Thu 19 Apr 2012, 4:21 pm

Agree that realistically DTH will proably be on the bench only at this stage in the season and so long since he last played. Otherwise I would have liked to see him at 13 with Dunbar at 12 and Hogg back at 15.

Hogg has looked good at 13 against Munster but I feel that 15 is where he will be needed most by Scotland and Glasgow in the future and he should continue his development there. Likewise with Dunbar, we really need a 12 like him so I hope he gets a run at 12. I will be really disappointed if Morrison comes straight back in and Dunbar is shunted back out to 13.

But given that DTH probably won't start, I would continue with Hogg at 13 in the same backline that started last week, except with Weir starting.

Pat_Mustard

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Thu 19 Apr 2012, 5:51 pm

Anyone know who the fella McGuigan who the Warriors have signed ?

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 19 Apr 2012, 7:13 pm

Yup, Namibian born, but Scotland qualified, was drafted into our 7s set-up before the USA leg (I think?) and proved himself to be a handy player - useful cover at the least OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 19 Apr 2012, 7:18 pm

Relax guys- Glasgow will get it. And I must say they definitely deserve it over the course of the season.

Treviso is a banana skin and then you have Connacht at home- could be tricky, but I bet you wouldn't want to swap with us. Leinster at home followed by a trip to face a revenge-hungry Munster side?

When you consider we're playing two fixtures against two of the top three and you're playing two sides from the bottom four, surely you guys can start to relax and enjoy the position you're in? Scarlets have their bogey side Munster this weekend too- Glasgow are top four bound lads Smile
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Thu 19 Apr 2012, 7:44 pm

Thanks ASBO - have now read today's Herald about him too. Interesting signing !
Notch,

what you up to ? Playing down Ulster's chances huh !

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 19 Apr 2012, 7:51 pm

Mind games you think? Not at all man. Glasgow have it in the bag. 100%. No way they can slip up now thumbsup Whistle

No, in all seriousness, had we lost out Munster in Thomond our team would have come into these last games with a massive hunger and desire to finish the season on a high. I think we would have nicked third or fourth.

But the distraction of the Heineken Cup has just proved too much for us, in terms of our selection policy especially. Glasgow, Scarlets and Munster can go hell for leather in these two games but against Connacht we were holding players back and even against Leinster we're experimenting with a few things and 2 or 3 key forwards.

We can't fight a war on two fronts. Our real battle is next weekend, against that other Scottish team. It will be Glasgow for the last four I think- and best of luck for them if they do make it OK
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Pat_Mustard Thu 19 Apr 2012, 8:03 pm

This is McGuigan scoring for Scotland 7s, and taking bad mullets to a whole new level!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTGpWPpuDHY

Pat_Mustard

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Thu 19 Apr 2012, 8:06 pm

Ok Notch - cheer us on in the final of the Rabo and I will do the same for Ulster in the Heino final !

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 19 Apr 2012, 8:08 pm

Hopefully so man Ale

I normally always support the other Irish teams, but I know the Pro 12 means nowhere near as much to Leinster or Munster as it would to Glasgow so I might secretly hope for an upset...
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 19 Apr 2012, 8:34 pm

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:Ok Notch - cheer us on in the final of the Rabo and I will do the same for Ulster in the Heino final !
'Cept Ulster won't be there! Wink

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 19 Apr 2012, 8:42 pm

Hoho! Yeah, maybe not. We'll have to wait and see.

Man, if Edinburgh are in the Final of the HC and Glasgow the Pro12 final... well, it'll make the SRU look incredibly stupid. Imagine where the pro teams would be if they had actually made an effort to retain their best players/market them/properly fund them censored

The SRU haven't seen fit to give two fecks about Edinburgh and Glasgow, so I can't help but be pleased for them.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Scot Abroad Thu 19 Apr 2012, 9:18 pm

Pat_Mustard wrote:This is McGuigan scoring for Scotland 7s, and taking bad mullets to a whole new level!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTGpWPpuDHY

Since DTH got a hair cut there is now room for a floppy haired mullet loving player in the Warriors side. I think Nathan still has his rats tail though so McGuigan will have to wait before going down that route.

Scot Abroad

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Thu 19 Apr 2012, 9:42 pm

I think that Warriors will win this but in fairness they need a TBP as I think the game will open in the second half I would say it will be 35-25 to Warriors.

Warriors need to get third because I expect the winners of Ospreys and other to be the home final.

Can you imagine if two Scottish Club games over 20k in one season plus Edinburgh fans owe you about 10k for the HC quarter

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 20 Apr 2012, 8:59 am

Brendan wrote:I think that Warriors will win this but in fairness they need a TBP as I think the game will open in the second half I would say it will be 35-25 to Warriors.

Warriors need to get third because I expect the winners of Ospreys and other to be the home final.

Can you imagine if two Scottish Club games over 20k in one season plus Edinburgh fans owe you about 10k for the HC quarter

Brendan, no, I can't imagine it, seems too far-fethced! Ah well, perhaps a mini-revival in the game north of the border, but possibly too early to get too excited - really want to see how Glasgow and Embra follow up their successes next season - in fairness, both have recruited well and look to have some strength in depth for 12/13

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Fri 20 Apr 2012, 10:25 am

I think the difference between this coming season and ones past is as you say Before all the best players left and they had to start again.

This time they are holding on and adding. I think that the two Scottish teams should be aiming for 2nd in their HC groups

And both should be disappointed if they finish outside of the top six with one getting a play off

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Fri 20 Apr 2012, 10:53 am

Glasgow team:

Hogg

Seymour
Dunbar
Morrison
Shaw

Weir
Cusiter

Grant
McArthur
Cusack
Gray
Kellock
Harley
Fusaro
Barclay

Replacements

Gillies
Reid
Low
Ryder
Beattie
Pygros
Jackson
DTH

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 20 Apr 2012, 10:54 am

GLASGOW WARRIORS TEAM TO PLAY BENETTON TREVISO IN THE RABODIRECT PRO12 AT STADIO DI MONIGO ON SUNDAY 22 APRIL (KICK-OFF 3.05PM LOCAL TIME (2.05PM UK TIME), LIVE ON BBC ALBA)

15 Stuart Hogg

14 Tommy Seymour
13 Alex Dunbar
12 Graeme Morrison
11 Colin Shaw

10 Duncan Weir
9 Chris Cusiter

1 Ryan Grant
2 Pat MacArthur
3 Mike Cusack
4 Richie Gray
5 Al Kellock (CAPTAIN)
6 Rob Harley
7 Chris Fusaro
8 John Barclay

SUBSTITUTES

16 Finlay Gillies
17 Gordon Reid
18 Moray Low
19 Tom Ryder
20 Johnnie Beattie
21 Henry Pyrgos
22 Ruaridh Jackson
23 DTH van der Merwe

Not considered for selection due to injury: Rob Dewey (shoulder), Rory Lamont (leg), David Lemi (hand), Fergus Thomson (shoulder), Ryan Wilson (knee), Jon Welsh (shoulder).

Phew, Weir over Rhubarb, not surprised to see Morrison back altho don't consider it an improvement, feel slightly bad for Beattie dropping to the bench as I don't think Barclay is an 8, but otherwise, all good. Great to see DTH back from injury! OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Fri 20 Apr 2012, 10:58 am

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:GLASGOW WARRIORS TEAM TO PLAY BENETTON TREVISO
15 Stuart Hogg

14 Tommy Seymour
13 Alex Dunbar
12 Graeme Morrison
11 Colin Shaw

10 Duncan Weir
9 Chris Cusiter

1 Ryan Grant
2 Pat MacArthur
3 Mike Cusack
4 Richie Gray
5 Al Kellock (CAPTAIN)
6 Rob Harley
7 Chris Fusaro
8 John Barclay

SUBSTITUTES

16 Finlay Gillies
17 Gordon Reid
18 Moray Low
19 Tom Ryder
20 Johnnie Beattie
21 Henry Pyrgos
22 Ruaridh Jackson
23 DTH van der Merwe

Not considered for selection due to injury: Rob Dewey (shoulder), Rory Lamont (leg), David Lemi (hand), Fergus Thomson (shoulder), Ryan Wilson (knee), Jon Welsh (shoulder).

Phew, Weir over Rhubarb, not surprised to see Morrison back altho don't consider it an improvement, feel slightly bad for Beattie dropping to the bench as I don't think Barclay is an 8, but otherwise, all good. Great to see DTH back from injury! OK

Has Rob Dewey played any this season? Also its great to see Tommy Seymour get a run in the team. Made one lovely break in the game last week.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Fri 20 Apr 2012, 11:30 am

Dewey played during the World Cup, not been seen much since.

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Pat_Mustard Fri 20 Apr 2012, 12:57 pm

Disappointed Dunbar has been moved away from 12, and Barclay is not anything but a 7. But this team should definitely beat Treviso

Pat_Mustard

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 20 Apr 2012, 1:29 pm

Other than the Barclay decision it's a good Glasgow side. I'm pleased Hogg is back at 15, and I think Morrison is a better asset than Murchie, so I think it's a pretty strong backline. Fantastic to see DTH back on the bench as well.

No idea what Barclay has on Lineen and Robinson. He's a fine openside, but nothing other than that. I've no idea why both seem obsessed with picking him out of position. Beattie should start at 8.

This will be a mighty close contest. Weir is going to need to kick accurately and the Glasgow defence is going to have to be true to form. Treviso are dangerous in Italy, as shown all season.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Fri 20 Apr 2012, 3:36 pm

Dewey started in the game v Treviso at Firhill from my fading memory. He scored a try against someone at the start of the season as well Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Fri 20 Apr 2012, 3:59 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:Other than the Barclay decision it's a good Glasgow side. I'm pleased Hogg is back at 15, and I think Morrison is a better asset than Murchie, so I think it's a pretty strong backline. Fantastic to see DTH back on the bench as well.

I only scoring a Hat-Trick at 13 will never do Whistle

I agree FB is his best position.

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Fri 20 Apr 2012, 5:35 pm

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:Dewey started in the game v Treviso at Firhill from my fading memory. He scored a try against someone at the start of the season as well Shocked
Against Edinburgh Schoolgirls Under 18's Second XV.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Fri 20 Apr 2012, 8:33 pm

Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sat 21 Apr 2012, 12:25 pm

Think after last week Lineen had to toughen up the midfield so hence Morri back at 12. Down side is the lack of creative ability then but with Dunbar at 13 he can pass the ball no bad ! C'mon the Warriors - 5 points will do it censored Yahoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperialbigdave Sat 21 Apr 2012, 4:23 pm

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:Think after last week Lineen had to toughen up the midfield so hence Morri back at 12. Down side is the lack of creative ability then but with Dunbar at 13 he can pass the ball no bad ! C'mon the Warriors - 5 points will do it censored Yahoo

Dunbars passing ability is irrelevant considering he will never get the ball unless its 20m behind the gain line
Imperialbigdave
Imperialbigdave

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sat 21 Apr 2012, 5:18 pm

Aye Ibd but has DTH's hair sorted itself oot after the abomination in NZ ? Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperialbigdave Sat 21 Apr 2012, 5:34 pm

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:Aye Ibd but has DTH's hair sorted itself oot after the abomination in NZ ? Cool

what? im talking about donkeyhands McMorrison sucking the flair out of the game
Imperialbigdave
Imperialbigdave

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sat 21 Apr 2012, 9:21 pm

Yes aware of that ffs. Just trying to inject a bit of sarcasm to proceedings.

Thanks for your humourless input nonetheless! Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperialbigdave Sat 21 Apr 2012, 10:21 pm

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:Yes aware of that ffs. Just trying to inject a bit of sarcasm to proceedings.

Thanks for your humourless input nonetheless! Crying or Very sad

But the DTH hair thing had nothing to do with what id just written despite it addressing me as a reply!
Imperialbigdave
Imperialbigdave

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sun 22 Apr 2012, 9:24 am

Ok mate - will go and have a nervous breakdown over it !

C'mon the Warriors - its in your hands now Yahoo

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sun 22 Apr 2012, 9:37 am

See with all this wendyball guff about Rangers anyone else think that the SRU should be crawling over broken glass to sell the Warriors to Brian Kennedy ? We would then have a real rugby man in charge and no more ludicrous, rubbish decisions from Fawlty Towers in Edinburgh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Apr 2012, 2:16 pm

Anybody have a link to English commentary at all? Watching it on BBC alba at the moment but got no idea what the commentators are saying!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Apr 2012, 2:24 pm

And is it just me or is the BBC Alba feed really really stuttery?

Back to top Go down

Post by gmclachl Sun 22 Apr 2012, 3:17 pm

Come on Glasgow you are killing me here.

gmclachl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Apr 2012, 3:21 pm

A shadow of the team that played against Ospreys. Serious problems getting into Treviso's 22...

Back to top Go down

Post by Manky-Flanker Sun 22 Apr 2012, 3:40 pm

Treviso have dominated possession and territory. Glasgow lucky to be 1 point in the lead so far

Manky-Flanker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next