The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ashley Young

+21
Small Time
Smirnoffpriest
Fernando
dondelero
Ent
Josiah Maiestas
Diggers
dublfcynwa
lorus59
sodhat
Stella
GG
d260005p
marty2086
TopHat24/7
liverbnz
westisbest
hampo17
The Special Juan
Liam
Kenny
25 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Ashley Young  - Page 3 Empty Ashley Young

Post by Kenny Sun 15 Apr 2012, 6:01 pm

First topic message reminder :

What does everyone think of todays incident ?

Newcastle United defender Ryan Taylor tweeted it was Disgraceful and that Ashley Young was the biggest cheat in the league , he has removed this now from twitter .

I dont want this to look like a Liverpool fan wumming so i will not pass judgement on an individual incident . All i will say is i hate to see diving yes even by Suarez Carroll or Gerrard i dont condone diving by anyone it is spoiling football .

Carlos Tevez was fouled yesterday and should of been awarded a penalty but instead he was booked for diving , today Ashley Young is awarded a penalty for a dubious foul . These decisions can cost titles .

Referees have a hard enough time without having to second guess wether a player has dived or if it was a foul . For me diving is cheating and needs to be stopped , harsher fines , bigger bans and maybe even points taken off teams would make clubs stop players from diving .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Ashley Young  - Page 3 Empty Re: Ashley Young

Post by ReallyReal Thu 19 Apr 2012, 7:34 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
KingKenny7Heaven wrote:Did anyone see Gary Neville on SkySports news today trying to defend players for diving and trying to give their teams an unfair advantage , absolutley ridiculous

Eh? I saw him on SS for MNF not exactly defending them but not critcising them either. His main argument was against retrospective punishment where he gave several examples of players penalised for diving when actually they hadn't. His point was, where do you stop with retrospective punishment? Can you take a goal away? Can you undo a card?
Simple really, anyone caught cheating in any way using tv evidence should automatically get a 5 match ban, everyone would whinge and moan, but within a few months the game would be as clean as an operating room, this should apply as much to players grabbing their faces when no-one touched them, or rolling about like their leg has been broken before jumping up and running off, as for divers, but give them all bans and 10 matches for a second offence too.

ReallyReal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 19 Apr 2012, 11:56 pm

ReallyReal wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
KingKenny7Heaven wrote:Did anyone see Gary Neville on SkySports news today trying to defend players for diving and trying to give their teams an unfair advantage , absolutley ridiculous

Eh? I saw him on SS for MNF not exactly defending them but not critcising them either. His main argument was against retrospective punishment where he gave several examples of players penalised for diving when actually they hadn't. His point was, where do you stop with retrospective punishment? Can you take a goal away? Can you undo a card?
Simple really, anyone caught cheating in any way using tv evidence should automatically get a 5 match ban, everyone would whinge and moan, but within a few months the game would be as clean as an operating room, this should apply as much to players grabbing their faces when no-one touched them, or rolling about like their leg has been broken before jumping up and running off, as for divers, but give them all bans and 10 matches for a second offence too.

Neville was talking about Drogba against Barca so i would presume it was either lastnight or this morning , i cant see how it can be defended . He was saying things like sometimes you have to buy your team time to regroup to put the opponents off so you fain injury .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Fri 20 Apr 2012, 9:51 am

And what about the fact that both sets of players always appeal for a throw in or a corner ? Complete play acting half the time, so many times a player wil be straight in a linesmans face even though they know full well the ball came off them. Yet nobody bats an eyelid about that.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 20 Apr 2012, 9:59 am

Basically there's lots of shades of grey, I don't think it's as clear cut or easy as some people make out.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 21 Apr 2012, 9:50 am

Diggers wrote:And what about the fact that both sets of players always appeal for a throw in or a corner ? Complete play acting half the time, so many times a player wil be straight in a linesmans face even though they know full well the ball came off them. Yet nobody bats an eyelid about that.

Not quite the same as diving to win a penalty or get someone sent off though is it? This tactical diving is rubbish as well, Drogba made that first half very hard to watch on Wednesday, players who do that are beyond defending.

Serious question does anybody really think that if Agbonlahor on Sunday like Young did he'd have gotten a penalty? I honestly believe he would have been booked for diving, that isn't a dig at United it's a dig at referees, they are scared to give penalties at grounds like Anfield, Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge because of the abuse they'll receive off the fans.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3