The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PFA Award Nominees

+14
Josiah Maiestas
Y2James
Ent
ncfc_Tooze
Smirnoffpriest
TopHat24/7
cherriesfna
Hero
Gregers
GG
Good Golly I'm Olly
Liam
Crimey
Kenny
18 posters

Go down

PFA Award Nominees  Empty PFA Award Nominees

Post by Kenny Mon 16 Apr 2012, 5:26 pm

Nominees for PFA Players' Player of the Year award for 2011-12 are: Sergio Aguero (Man City), Joe Hart (Man City), Scott Parker (Tottenham), Robin van Persie (Arsenal), Wayne Rooney (Man Utd), David Silva (Man City).

Nominees for Young Player of the Year award are: Sergio Aguero (Man City), GarethBale (Tottenham), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Daniel Sturridge (Chelsea), Kyle Walker (Tottenham), Danny Welbeck (Man Utd).

Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

PFA Award Nominees  Empty Re: PFA Award Nominees

Post by Crimey Mon 16 Apr 2012, 5:32 pm

I'd give it to
Robin Van Persie
Sergio Aguero

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Mon 16 Apr 2012, 5:47 pm

Robin Van Persie
Aguero

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 16 Apr 2012, 5:47 pm

out of those nominated i would agree Crimey

Robin Van Persie
Sergio Aguero
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 16 Apr 2012, 5:59 pm

RVP
Aguero for me

I'm surprised there is no Newcastle players on there along with maybe Norwich/Swansea.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Mon 16 Apr 2012, 6:06 pm

There's no Grant Holt Olly.....

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 16 Apr 2012, 6:08 pm

GG I can't believe it Wink

Nah he don't deserve to be on their, Ruddy has been our best player all season anyway
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Mon 16 Apr 2012, 6:30 pm

RVP

Ox

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 16 Apr 2012, 6:39 pm

RVP & Walker (Walker getting it as he's English)

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Mon 16 Apr 2012, 6:43 pm

WHERE IS HESKEY!
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Apr 2012, 2:04 pm

shocking list, absolute disgrace!

How the hell is daniel strurridge there or oxlade??????? that young poy list is truly embarrasing and how joe hart beats kompany and tim krul to get on the list is beyond me

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 18 Apr 2012, 2:51 pm

Who else would you have in the YOP list then John? Krul is the only ommission I can think of (if he is indeed young enough to qualify)

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 18 Apr 2012, 3:43 pm

Where is Dempsey?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Wed 18 Apr 2012, 3:51 pm

John - while the Ox has shown loads of potential he's not even a mainstay in the Arsenal team let alone the best player in the league - Song and RVP have been our best players this year. (note - I'm not putting Song forward for the PFA award, just saying).

Ox has been nominated for the Young Players Award, which is as it should be.

I Think Krul and S Sinclair are unlucky

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Wed 18 Apr 2012, 3:54 pm

Im suprised Pilkington isnt on the young player list.

Parker and Aguero are my picks though

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Wed 18 Apr 2012, 3:57 pm

Smirnoffpriest wrote:John - while the Ox has shown loads of potential he's not even a mainstay in the Arsenal team let alone the best player in the league - Song and RVP have been our best players this year. (note - I'm not putting Song forward for the PFA award, just saying).

Ox has been nominated for the Young Players Award, which is as it should be.

I Think Krul and S Sinclair are unlucky

Ahh apologies John - reread your post and seen you were asking why he's nominated, not why isn't he nominated - oops

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Apr 2012, 4:27 pm

that's ok mate but that both lists are clearly favouring the top clubs once again and arent a true representation.

There is no way daniel strurridge, gareth bale, joe hart or oxlade should be on these lists. Sturridge has been appaling this season, inept of any finishing ability, poor final ball, how many times he's lost the ball doing a trick that goes wrong?. He so good he's been benched and ramires played out wide. Oxlade, WTF??? no doubt the future star of english football but how many games has this kid played, especially in 2011?? barely anything. James McLean has had a huge impact this season and is nowhere to be seen. How Joe Hart is placed above Tim Krul actually makes me physically sick, once again big club bias. Finally what is gareth bale doing in that POY list, he's been quite frankly appaling since january, basically no goals and no assists. He's one dimensional bale and to a certain extent has been found out, thats why he has to come inside and has little effect with a poor right foot.

The list should of been - RVP, ROONEY, SILVA, KOMPANY, AGUERO, DEMPSEY WINNER - RVP

YPOY LIST - WALKER, WELBECK, AGUERO, MATA, KRUL, McClean WINNER - AGUERO

Seeing as the nominations are done like in March or woteva, that would classify Krul (24 only recently) and mata (24 in a couple of weeks) who would still of been 23 at nominations into these lists. thoughts?

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 18 Apr 2012, 4:33 pm

Many would say Welbeck has done nothing to deserve being ahead of Sturridge in the YOP list, as much as you don't seem to favour him he did have a strong first half of the season with plenty of punditry prase.

If anything I'd say the award biasedly favours attackers.

Your full list: Attacker, attacker, attacker, defender, attacker, midfielder.

Your YOP: Defener, attacker, attacker, attacker, goalie, midfielder.

Not sure if Mata and Krul fall foul of the age rules though (as you've alluded too).

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed 18 Apr 2012, 5:49 pm

John wrote:that's ok mate but that both lists are clearly favouring the top clubs once again and arent a true representation.

There is no way daniel strurridge, gareth bale, joe hart or oxlade should be on these lists. Sturridge has been appaling this season, inept of any finishing ability, poor final ball, how many times he's lost the ball doing a trick that goes wrong?. He so good he's been benched and ramires played out wide. Oxlade, WTF??? no doubt the future star of english football but how many games has this kid played, especially in 2011?? barely anything. James McLean has had a huge impact this season and is nowhere to be seen. How Joe Hart is placed above Tim Krul actually makes me physically sick, once again big club bias. Finally what is gareth bale doing in that POY list, he's been quite frankly appaling since january, basically no goals and no assists. He's one dimensional bale and to a certain extent has been found out, thats why he has to come inside and has little effect with a poor right foot.

The list should of been - RVP, ROONEY, SILVA, KOMPANY, AGUERO, DEMPSEY WINNER - RVP

Seeing as the nominations are done like in March or woteva, that would classify Krul (24 only recently) and mata (24 in a couple of weeks) who would still of been 23 at nominations into these lists. thoughts?

The award is very prone to throwing up inconsistent nominees.

Its voted for in March, one problem.

All professional players get a vote i.e. premiership to league 2 - barring a cup tie the majority of players eligible (say 80%, as only 14 out of a 24 man squad can face an opponent in a 1 off game) haven't played against the favourites.

A standout candidate will have a huge percentage of the votes and result in erratic nominees e.g. if say 80% vote for RVP then a) no other arsenal player will get a vote and b) other players will get in on a few votes.

As long as the team of the season is decent and the winner of the POTY is deserving I'm usually content with these things.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Y2James Fri 20 Apr 2012, 2:51 pm

RVP has to win for me (and Im a untied fan). He has been exceptional the past couple of years and carried the Arsenal untin Christmas when the rest of the squad started to pick up. Cant see anybody being even close to him. Rooney and Aguero for second and third in any order but way off RVP.

YPOY - Aguero is the stand out candidate for me but coule be any 3 for him, wellbeck and Ox.

Y2James

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Fri 20 Apr 2012, 2:56 pm

YPOY - Aguero is the stand out candidate for me but coule be any 3 for him, wellbeck and Ox.
Ox-Chamb has rarely played and does not merit an award yet. Welbeck has far to go yet, too.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 20 Apr 2012, 2:58 pm

John wrote:that's ok mate but that both lists are clearly favouring the top clubs once again and arent a true representation.

Can't really argue with your logic/arguement.

Though of course there will always be arguements about the selection of players Wink

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 22 Apr 2012, 9:41 pm

Robin Van Persie has won PFA Player of the Year

Kyle Walker has won PFA Young Player of the Year but it's feared that it may be a fix after several massive bets were placed on the 33/1 outsider

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 22 Apr 2012, 9:43 pm

PFA Team of the Year

Hart; Walker, Kompany, Coloccini, Baines; Silva, Yaya Toure, Parker, Bale; Rooney, van Persie.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun 22 Apr 2012, 11:23 pm

Hero wrote:RVP & Walker (Walker getting it as he's English)

Can I just say I called it.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Mon 23 Apr 2012, 9:11 am

Fernando wrote:PFA Team of the Year

Hart; Walker, Kompany, Coloccini, Baines; Silva, Yaya Toure, Parker, Bale; Rooney, van Persie.

wtf does Dempsey have to do to get into that team - turned Fulham's season from one of potential struggle to them being in the top half of the table and level on points with Liverpool. Better than Parker has been at least for the second half of the season.

I'd also have Ivanovic ahead of Walker, although at least that's a tight call.
Krul, Ruddy or Vorm ahead of Hart (noting that JH plays behind a generally solid defence so doesn't get the same opportunity to shine)

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Apr 2012, 10:32 am

Yes your correct about the massive bets being placed on Walked @33/1. It's being investigated currently. This whole team of the year and nominations is ridiculous. It's set a the wrong time and missed the period which matters most in a season - the run in, where huge games are found and the real quality players of the season shine through, not just for a couple of months before xmas like Bale or Walker.

There is no way Walker should have won this award, it's ridiculous. I'm hoping he's not England's right back ahead of Richards. RVP obviously deserved the win and it looks like the toll of the season has hit him now as he's on a big goaless run now.

As for the team of the year, it's there or thereabouts in representing the best XI of the season. I find it funny how there's three Tottenham players compared to one Newcastle player, doesn't add up, and just emphasises why the nominations should not be held in March with two important months missed out.

My team would of been - Krul, Richards, Kompany, Coloccini, Baines, Dempsey, Yaya Toure, Silva, Parker, Rooney, RVP - something like that.

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Mon 23 Apr 2012, 10:56 am

Walker better than Aguero?

Give over Jokers! Laugh

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Mon 23 Apr 2012, 11:03 am

Bale has been dogmuck since January!

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'