The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Live WWE Raw discussion thread (Will contain spoilers)

+5
Statto00
Dolphin Ziggler
Dr Gregory House MD
John-Original Name King
Good Golly I'm Olly
9 posters

Go down

Live WWE Raw discussion thread (Will contain spoilers) Empty Live WWE Raw discussion thread (Will contain spoilers)

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 17 Apr 2012, 1:03 am

RAW comes from London this week which means I have had to avoid spoilers like the plague!
What will happen tonight?
Is there anyone staying up for it?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Live WWE Raw discussion thread (Will contain spoilers) Empty Re: Live WWE Raw discussion thread (Will contain spoilers)

Post by John-Original Name King Tue 17 Apr 2012, 1:14 am

Moi

John-Original Name King

Back to top Go down

Live WWE Raw discussion thread (Will contain spoilers) Empty Re: Live WWE Raw discussion thread (Will contain spoilers)

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 17 Apr 2012, 1:15 am

Ive been on a hot streak since mania of staying up to watch Raw and still rising for my 7am start (something I don't always manage when I go to bed at a reasonable hour), so Im gonna give it another go

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 17 Apr 2012, 1:20 am

Evening lads OK

Dr Greg I am the same. Just a casual fan usually but at the moment I'm gonna risk being useless at school tomorrow just for Raw. Lets hope its worth it!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 17 Apr 2012, 7:20 am

In the last few days before dissertation hand in so im not sleeping anyway. Pretty disappointing, got to love the stereotypes. Pub, buses, fish and chips. R Truth was my highlight of the night. Punk put on a good match as per usual, everything else a little dull.

At least Lesnar leaves nothing to the imagination eh, who knew he meant Cena would have urine running down his leg Smile obviously subtlety is lost in the wrestling world

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Statto00 Tue 17 Apr 2012, 9:08 am

Thought it was a pretty mixed episode. The WWE Title fight was actually pretty good, but wasted as the show opener. Regardless of any other storyline the title fight should have been the main event. Instead we get a meaningless Cena fight with a screwy finish. Tensai doesn't come out looking that strong, because he got a soft win, and Cena gets to say he wasn't pinned clean.

Punk came out looking strong, but I don't have any confidence in WWE booking not to screw him out of the title in his home town, particularly with the Chicago Street Fight stip. I'm beginning to tire of this feud a little bit now, and don't really want it to go on for at least another two PPVs (which it will have to if Jericho wins).

I enjoyed the Brock interview. Yeah, it wasn't subtle, but that's obviously the persona they're going for with him (and I imagine it's pretty realistic). I know he's running down the entire roster with his appearances so far, but I don't care if he kicks seven shades out of Cena in a fortnight.

I mostly liked Daniel Bryan's segment, particularly renaming the LeBell Lock the YES! Lock, but I hope they don't pair him with more mid-carders like Kofi after Extreme Rules. He needs to stay in the main event picture, not slide back down.

The stereotypes were fairly predictable, and at least we didn't have a Queen impersonator this time. I usually don't like how the fans chant anything and the constant Twitter references, but the "Fish and Chips" chant accompanied by #FishAndChips trending was excellent.

All-in-all, it was a fairly enjoyable episode but I'm a little concerned about future booking (as always).

Statto00

Back to top Go down

Post by BigPhil Wed 18 Apr 2012, 2:57 am

I found it a decent enough show. However did anyone notice the amount of editing that took place during Cena's entrance before his match? The canned cheers were through the roof, and the archive footage of the crowd was completely false seeing as the lighting was completely different for it. I don't like to have my mind made up for me.

BigPhil

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Wed 18 Apr 2012, 5:47 am

Delighted to see Brock Lesnar back. Might start watching again.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 18 Apr 2012, 12:48 pm

I thought it was a lot better than last weeks Raw

Good match between CM Punk and Mark Henry. Punk finally wins and we look forward to what should be a really good match between him and Chris Jericho at Extreme Rules.

The Brock Lesnar interview was very good and clever and it explains why Lesnar has come back to the wwe. I can acctually see him destroying Cena at extreme rules and this will allow Cena to take some time off and get the break he really deserves.

Daniel Bryan segments were pretty good. YES YES YES YES YES

John Cena and Johnny ace i acctually think this feud can produce big things and it could be intresting.

As for the main event im sorry but Lord Tensai (Albert) his ring skills are awfull. He is too overweight and just not good enough for wwe in my view. I think Ezekel Jackson is better.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark_Seven Wed 18 Apr 2012, 7:10 pm

I thought Punk looked very slow and laboured this week in his match with Henry. He looked so slow running the ropes - case in point when he bounced off the ropes and ran into a Henry clothesline, if you watch it Henry is ready and waiting and Punk is almost at jogging speed as he seems to just strangely amble into this clothesline. His bumping looked off too as it didnt seem to register much of an impact noise on the mat - maybe this is Ziggler's fault for regularly setting the bar on this so high. He didn't look a patch on the guy who wrestled Cena at MitB - not likely to wrestling Henry, i know, but he just seemed very sub-par this week to me.

Mark_Seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down