The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nadal beats Djokovic 6-3 6-1. What does it mean?

+14
Haddie-nuff
slashermcguirk
lags72
lydian
reckoner
invisiblecoolers
10IS
LuvSports!
CaledonianCraig
Danny_1982
socal1976
erictheblueuk
newballs
hawkeye
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Nadal beats Djokovic 6-3 6-1. What does it mean? - Page 2 Empty Nadal beats Djokovic 6-3 6-1. What does it mean?

Post by hawkeye Sun 22 Apr 2012, 9:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

After losing the last 7 matches to Djokovic Nadal has finally got a win. The win was on clay at what must be one of his favourite tournaments Monte Carlo. Djokovic may have been a little distracted by the sad loss of his grandfather. Nadal looked focused and served exceptionally well. Nadal had a lot to lose (an unprecedented and perhaps unrepeatable title streak of 7) and Djokovic a lot to win (breaking that streak, beating Nadal on clay and continuing a winning streak against one of his main rivals). I would say both were highly motivated to win.

Theirs is an important rivalry in tennis. They have played each other 31 times. Nadal leads the H2H 17-14. Wins follow this pattern. NNDNNNDNDNNNDNNNNNDDDNNDDDDDDDN

What does this match mean?.... I'm not sure. Maybe they need to play a few more times for me to make up my mind?

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Nadal beats Djokovic 6-3 6-1. What does it mean? - Page 2 Empty Re: Nadal beats Djokovic 6-3 6-1. What does it mean?

Post by reckoner Thu 26 Apr 2012, 10:35 am

In fairness it wasn't clear who you were addressing in your post, haddie-nuff! you posted just after I did and seemed to be having a go at me. I responded entirely reasonably if you care to actually read what I wrote.

All I hear is a stream of angry "telling off" type posts from you - quite irritating and rather presumptuous. If you improve your attitude towards me I'm sure I will reciprocate.

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Nadal beats Djokovic 6-3 6-1. What does it mean? - Page 2 Empty Re: Nadal beats Djokovic 6-3 6-1. What does it mean?

Post by Enforcer Thu 26 Apr 2012, 2:18 pm

Haddie, you have just pointed out that this is an open forum and then told someone not to respond to your posts. Anyone is able to respond to any post on the forum, if you only want a response from a particular person it may be better to send them a private message through the site.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Apr 2012, 2:43 pm

yloponom68 wrote:Alot of people for one reason or another, will have their longwinded opinions of the match, and result of the Monte Carlo final. Bottom line is, it means what is was, a sinlge match victory for Nadal, with all the considerations that were pertinent to THAT match, at that moment in time.

For those people that think they have the "be all and end all" formula, for what is coming at the French Open or at any time before, it's absolute rubbish.

Did Djokovic have lot to deal with, leading up the match - yes, so join "the club!"

Did Nadal play very well? Yes, join the club.

Anyone who says because this happened in the Monte Carlo final, means that so and so, will happen in Barcelona, Rome and/or the French, is spouting rubbish.

I think each match between players of this caliber is an entity of it's own - you can look at literally 5 points in:

1) Federer v Nadal - Wimbledon 2007
2) Djokovic v Nadal - US Open 2011, etc, etc.,
and a multitiude of others....

..to see that things can change...

As the season unfolds we'll see what's going to happen - and I'll bet it's a different scenario from what all these "experts" have forecast.....it's coming.....

I am more of the 'Sliding Scale' man.

Yes Djokovic had a lot to deal with, but let's be fair the guy hasn't been anywhere near the 2011 form. He is finding it like Rafa did from 2010 that reaching a level of peak performance and sustaining it are 2 very different things.

Djokovic's performances are sliding down the scale whilst Nadal is looking upwards. Would a Djokovic of 2011 lost to Murray and Isner in back to back tournaments? Nope.

If and when Djokovic does come to terms with his private life difficulties doesn't mean he is going to go on a rampage.

Who knows, Federer or Murray may have a tear and completely shake things up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Apr 2012, 2:59 pm

yloponom68 wrote:Alot of people for one reason or another, will have their longwinded opinions of the match, and result of the Monte Carlo final. Bottom line is, it means what is was, a sinlge match victory for Nadal, with all the considerations that were pertinent to THAT match, at that moment in time.

For those people that think they have the "be all and end all" formula, for what is coming at the French Open or at any time before, it's absolute rubbish.

Did Djokovic have lot to deal with, leading up the match - yes, so join "the club!"

Did Nadal play very well? Yes, join the club.

Anyone who says because this happened in the Monte Carlo final, means that so and so, will happen in Barcelona, Rome and/or the French, is spouting rubbish.

I think each match between players of this caliber is an entity of it's own - you can look at literally 5 points in:

1) Federer v Nadal - Wimbledon 2007
2) Djokovic v Nadal - US Open 2011, etc, etc.,
and a multitiude of others....

..to see that things can change...

As the season unfolds we'll see what's going to happen - and I'll bet it's a different scenario from what all these "experts" have forecast.....it's coming.....
Is this not a long winded opinion?

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Thu 26 Apr 2012, 3:27 pm

...If this is an answer!

Sorry, wrong joke, I'll get my coat.

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Thu 26 Apr 2012, 3:28 pm

Enforcer wrote:Haddie, you have just pointed out that this is an open forum and then told someone not to respond to your posts. Anyone is able to respond to any post on the forum, if you only want a response from a particular person it may be better to send them a private message through the site.

Reckoner and I have reconciled our differences thanks

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Thu 26 Apr 2012, 3:32 pm

Haddie-nuff wrote:
Enforcer wrote:Haddie, you have just pointed out that this is an open forum and then told someone not to respond to your posts. Anyone is able to respond to any post on the forum, if you only want a response from a particular person it may be better to send them a private message through the site.

Reckoner and I have reconciled our differences thanks

I agree, we're OK.

Perhaps this is more of a general point of information though, in which case consider us suitably informed!

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Thu 26 Apr 2012, 3:36 pm

I'm glad that it's sorted! The second part is probably more of a general point and could have done with being in a new paragraph or post.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Thu 26 Apr 2012, 3:39 pm

Everything hs been noted Enforcer... I apologise for any mis-conduct but Im sure reckoner and I have a good understanding now... consider my wrist duly slapped Very Happy

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Thu 26 Apr 2012, 3:46 pm

More importantly I'm concerned to note that "enforcer" has a much more macho ring to it than "reckoner". Maybe I should change my nick to "equaliser" (a la Edward Woodward).

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 26 Apr 2012, 3:53 pm

reckoner wrote:...Edward Woodward).

What do you call a man with three planks of wood on his head?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Thu 26 Apr 2012, 3:53 pm

Even better Terminator :yahoo:

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Thu 26 Apr 2012, 3:58 pm

I hope it means Djoko will lick his wounds and save his best for where it matters in RG. When Nadal wins a slam, especially Roland Garros it leaves a distinclty empty and sad feeling like some small baby animals have just died or something.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Thu 26 Apr 2012, 3:59 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
reckoner wrote:...Edward Woodward).

What do you call a man with three planks of wood on his head?

... Doug?

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Thu 26 Apr 2012, 4:01 pm

Haddie-nuff - Terminator... it's a bit too cruel sounding, there was something comforting about Edward Woodward and his big 80s specs!

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Thu 26 Apr 2012, 4:03 pm

Super D Boon wrote:I hope it means Djoko will lick his wounds and save his best for where it matters in RG. When Nadal wins a slam, especially Roland Garros it leaves a distinclty empty and sad feeling like some small baby animals have just died or something.

Whoa, Nadal kills puppies shocker.

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Apr 2012, 4:03 pm

Super D Boon wrote:I hope it means Djoko will lick his wounds and save his best for where it matters in RG. When Nadal wins a slam, especially Roland Garros it leaves a distinclty empty and sad feeling like some small baby animals have just died or something.
That sounds really sad. Anyway I am pleased you have given up eating baby lambs, but you also need to give up dairy products as they kill the calves (for meat etc) to maintain milk production.

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Thu 26 Apr 2012, 4:05 pm

But, Nore, it's "veally" good?

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Thu 26 Apr 2012, 4:40 pm

Tough crowd, tough crowd.

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Apr 2012, 4:42 pm

reckoner wrote:But, Nore, it's "veally" good?
I eat babies for supper, but it was Boon I was worried for, and found his public display of emotion touching Sad .

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Thu 26 Apr 2012, 4:44 pm

Nore Staat wrote:
reckoner wrote:But, Nore, it's "veally" good?
I eat babies for supper, but it was Boon I was worried for, and found his public display of emotion touching Sad .

I can't take the credit - it's Basil Fawlty's line...

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2